Windows 10: Quick Setting Action Center not working in Windows 11

Discus and support Quick Setting Action Center not working in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've updated my windows 10 to Windows 11 yesterday, but the quick setting/action center is not working on my system Win+A menu. Surfing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M. UmairAnwar, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Quick Setting Action Center not working in Windows 11

Hi, I've updated my windows 10 to Windows 11 yesterday, but the quick setting/action center is not working on my system Win+A menu. Surfing the internet, I've found a couple of answers, but none of the solutions worked for meOne method was to change the Registry Key. Tried that, but didn't workAnother was to run a couple of commands on the power shell, but got a lot of errors stating "Some package not found", so I didn't lead there to avoid messing up the windows.One method was to change some settings in "Local Group Policies" but I'm using Windows Home so I don't have those settingsIf anyon

:)

M. UmairAnwar, Oct 22, 2021
  2. otium Win User

Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to turn on/off certain Quick Actions icons in the Action Center via the registry, instead of doing it manually as described above.

Before asking here I've wandered through some posts and searched the internet. I've noticed these keys:

1/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\

Here's a list of names of all the Quick Actions.

2/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\UnpinnedByDefault

Here's a list of names of Quick Actions that should be Unpinned by default. If I add some here (based on the names in the list described above) and reboot it doesn't seem to work.

3/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\ActionCenter\Quick Actions

The value PinnedQuickActionSlotCount here is set at 4, which is the amount of Quick Actions seen by default without expanding the view in the Action Center. I don't need to change this one so I haven't tried it.

4/

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned

There seems to be a numbered list here of Pinned Quick Actions. The names are the same as in the list I mentioned in (1/). However if I remove some values here it also doesn't have effect (even after a reboot).

----

Conclusion: I haven't found a thing that actually worked. Did anyone figure this out already?

Thanks,

otium, Oct 22, 2021
  3. coun Win User
    Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled

Hi,
    thanks for your proposal. I've tried both solutions in your link but none of them worked. Another hint I can provide is that after creating a new act it's quick action list in action center is empty even though in settings most of them are turned on.

Regards

4. coun Win User

Quick Setting Action Center not working in Windows 11

Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled

Hello,
    since a couple of days i'm struggling with the following issue - all of my quick actions in the actions center are disabled. I cannot click on them. Also actions center doesn't react to what I have checked in 'Actions and Notifications' settings. The list is constant, no matter what i check or uncheck in the settings.

Also clicking on the WIFI icon in the task bar does nothing. Wifi menu on Desktop doesn't show up preventing me from switching networks (it works on locked screen though).

I've tried 'sfc /scannow' but it didn't find any problems.

Being so frustrated I almost ended up reinstalling my system, but I figured out that it might be sensible to leave the trace of this issue (couldn't find anything on the web).

Thanks in advance

Thema:

Quick Setting Action Center not working in Windows 11

1. Quick Setting Action Center not working in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Quick Setting Action

2. Quick Setting Action Center not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Setting Action Center not working in Windows 11: Hi, I've updated my windows 10 to Windows 11 yesterday, but the quick setting/action center is not working on my system Win+A menu. Surfing the internet, I've found a couple of answers, but none of the solutions worked for meOne method was to change the Registry Key. Tried...
  3. Settings and the Quick action on Notification and Action Center crashing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings and the Quick action on Notification and Action Center crashing on Windows 10: Hello, my name is Ricardo and my problem is when I try to open the Systems option and on Devices option on Settings on Windows 10. Every time that I try to open those two options, the Settings closes. On the quick actions, when I click on Connect or Project to connect my pc...
  4. Wifi settings and action center not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi settings and action center not working: So I have been trying to figure out what to do because my wifi connects to the already known networks out there but won't show me any new ones. My action center won't open either. I have reset my laptop, I have scanned it, I have done so many things to try to fix the...
  5. Quick Actions on Action Center are not working

Quick Actions on Action Center are not working: I used to open the Action Center to control some features like: turning on Bluetooth or Night Mode, but suddenly it stopped working and all features are greyed out. On Settings menu, I can't select which Quick Actions I want because "Edit Quick Actions" doesn't open anything...
  6. Settings crashing and action center not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings crashing and action center not working: A day or two ago my notification center stopped working. It is blank when it actually opens and closes after a few seconds. The main issue seems to stem form the background setting which allows for apps to run in the background, however the issue now is that whenever I open...
  7. Quick action in action center is unavailable

Quick action in action center is unavailable: Quick action in action center in my windows 10 is unavailable. How can I resolve thi issue? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-action-in-action-center-is-unavailable/a2f3af87-4233-40a0-849a-cade3adcdcaf
  8. Quick actions missing from action center

Quick actions missing from action center: Quick actions suddenly disappeared from action center. I tried resetting windows as last resort after trying sfc, chkdsk and DISM. But still there are no quick actions in the Action Center. Action center opens normally and all notifications are displayed after windows reset...
  9. Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled: Hello, since a couple of days i'm struggling with the following issue - all of my quick actions in the actions center are disabled. I cannot click on them. Also actions center doesn't react to what I have checked in 'Actions and Notifications' settings. The list is constant,...
  10. Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10: How to: Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 How to Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 The Action Center has personalized quick actions at the bottom to be able to easily toggle on/off or open items such as Airplane mode, All settings,...