Windows 10: Quick switch between virtual desktops

Discus and support Quick switch between virtual desktops in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There has to be a shortcut for quickly switching between desktops. I have used 3 rd party applications but they're just not stable enough. I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sande96, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Quick switch between virtual desktops

There has to be a shortcut for quickly switching between desktops. I have used 3 rd party applications but they're just not stable enough. I can see why this has been a problem for the developers. Considering there can be any number of virtual desktops coming up with a shortcut for this could be quite difficult. I've tried Ctrl + Win + Number but it just doesn't cut it. Please suggest alternatives until and if Windows team tries to to solve this.

submitted by /u/sande96
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sande96, Oct 29, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

After upgrading to v1809 I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since then the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.
    Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. Quick switch between virtual desktops :) Thanks

jareinertson, Oct 29, 2019
  4. sirBait Win User

Quick switch between virtual desktops

Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Quick switch between virtual desktops

1. Quick switch between virtual desktops - Similar Threads - Quick switch between

2. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  3. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  4. Quickly switching between two microphone inputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickly switching between two microphone inputs: Hi, i currently have a RODE NT-1A connected to my PC which i mainly use for recording my voice.Multiple times a day, when I leave my desk, I have to switch to the mic on my headset.Since i used discord as my main communication platform for the past few months this wasn't a...
  5. Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops: Someone had already asked my question, but didn't get an answer, I've searched and I haven't found any solution or even answer if its possible. Basically, when you switch between virtual desktops using Ctrl+Winkey+Left arrow or right arrow the game gets minimized so when you...
  6. Switch laptops between desktops?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch laptops between desktops?: With Windows 10 there is the possibility to switch between "desktops". So not different monitors, but virtual desktops to work structured. Now I have the problem that if I start an application in Desktop 1 (e.g. Discord) and then swap to Desktop 2 before Discord has fully...
  7. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  8. windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops: Bug reproduce: OS: windows 10: 1803 (x64 intel 7500U 8G ram) it is easy to reproduce the bug.... When I press Task View it will show currently opened apps on this desktop (e.g. desktop 1) then I add a new virtual desktop (e.g. desktop 2) Now Task View shows I have...
  9. Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: How to: Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 How to Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple virtual desktops. Create custom...
  10. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...