Windows 10: Quick way to close all virtual desktops

Discus and support Quick way to close all virtual desktops in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there a quick way to close all virtual desktops? I have close to 400 and it's very slow and time consuming to close each one. The other posts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonathanTodd6, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Quick way to close all virtual desktops

Is there a quick way to close all virtual desktops? I have close to 400 and it's very slow and time consuming to close each one. The other posts similar to this didn't work, the Ctrl+windows+F4 didn't close unless I was in the Task View and then you have to open it again each time.Thank you!

:)

JonathanTodd6, Nov 22, 2021
  2. efitz17 Win User

How to close all virtual desktops?

I somehow ended up with almost 3000 virtual desktops open and I'd like to close them, but it takes a long time to close them one at a time. Is there any way to close them all at once?

efitz17, Nov 22, 2021
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 22, 2021
  4. Quick way to close all virtual desktops

Windows 10, Virtual Desktop.

Hi Tobi.X,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Suggest you to refer to the steps from this article to check if that works for you.

How to close all Virtual Desktops at once in Windows 10:
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/How-to-close-all-Virtual-b7eb8269

You need to run the execution policy first. Then you can copy and paste the script to Powershell window to close all the virtual desktop. Any application open in other desktop will be moved to the active one.

If you have further questions or for further help and support, you may post your question in the

TechNet Forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge, skill and resource to handle queries regarding this issue.

Cheers and Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

Quick way to close all virtual desktops

1. Quick way to close all virtual desktops - Similar Threads - Quick close virtual

2. Quickly close all windows at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly close all windows at once: I deal with personal information and am subject to privacy laws. When someone walks in to my office I need to quickly close all the windows on my computer to ensure no private information is inadvertently revealed. How do I close all windows at once? One tech suggested ALT +...
  3. Quickly close all windows at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickly close all windows at once: I deal with personal information and am subject to privacy laws. When someone walks in to my office I need to quickly close all the windows on my computer to ensure no private information is inadvertently revealed. How do I close all windows at once? One tech suggested ALT +...
  4. Unable to close virtual desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to close virtual desktop in Windows 11: Hello I have this window 'Form 2' open on my windows 11, I can't access or close. How do I close or delete it? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-close-virtual-desktop-in-windows-11/045d2d83-2154-45e4-b6ed-2fe1ca23df32
  5. Unable to close virtual desktop in Windows 11

Unable to close virtual desktop in Windows 11: Hello I have this window 'Form 2' open on my windows 11, I can't access or close. How do I close or delete it? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-close-virtual-desktop-in-windows-11/045d2d83-2154-45e4-b6ed-2fe1ca23df32
  6. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?: I have 3 virtual desktops and find that my windows randomly move between the desktops. I'm trying to keep windows in a a personal desktop separate from windows in a citrix hosted work desktop, separate from windows in a projects desktop. I find that windows from one desktop...
  7. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?: I have 3 virtual desktops and find that my windows randomly move between the desktops. I'm trying to keep windows in a a personal desktop separate from windows in a citrix hosted work desktop, separate from windows in a projects desktop. I find that windows from one desktop...
  8. Quick way to close all virtual desktops

Quick way to close all virtual desktops: Is there a quick way to close all virtual desktops? I have close to 400 and it's very slow and time consuming to close each one. The other posts similar to this didn't work, the Ctrl+windows+F4 didn't close unless I was in the Task View and then you have to open it again each...
  9. Best way to enhance Virtual Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to enhance Virtual Desktop?: Hi there guys, I'm starting to organize my desktop because I want to have it as clean and polished as possible. I wanted to use the multiple Desktop function of W10 but, as far as I tried, it is really poor. I can't setup different desktop icons for each desktop, and I can't...
  10. Quick switch between virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick switch between virtual desktops: There has to be a shortcut for quickly switching between desktops. I have used 3 rd party applications but they're just not stable enough. I can see why this has been a problem for the developers. Considering there can be any number of virtual desktops coming up with a...