Windows 10: Quick way to select correct 5.1 speaker option

Discus and support Quick way to select correct 5.1 speaker option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have this annoying situation with being able to switch between Stereo and 5.1 that I was hoping you guys could figure out. I have to switch my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Phillip Parr, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Quick way to select correct 5.1 speaker option

I have this annoying situation with being able to switch between Stereo and 5.1 that I was hoping you guys could figure out.

I have to switch my speaker config to stereo to watch things like YouTube, which aren't in 5.1, so I can get the sound closer to my ears as stereo doesn't play towards the back of the room when it's configured as 5.1. This is fine.

But when I want to go back to 5.1 for a film or a game, I simply can't select the 5.1 option from the right click menu (as shown below), I have to actively go into the speaker configuration, select the correct 5.1 option, then press OK multiple times (11 clicks total, vs 2 for setting stereo).

If I pick the 5.1 option from the pop-up menu, it selects the incorrect 5.1 configuration (shown as the non-highlighted option on the left), which has the rear speakers on the sides instead - in this configuration I get no sound from the rear.

Any idea how to delete the extra 5.1 option so only the correct one remains, or set it so that the correct one is selected by default?

Quick way to select correct 5.1 speaker option 1a72f088-bcbb-4b50-9263-44d333ce109f?upload=true.png

:)

Phillip Parr, Nov 9, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Quick way to select correct 5.1 speaker option

Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Quick way to select correct 5.1 speaker option

1. Quick way to select correct 5.1 speaker option - Similar Threads - Quick select correct

2. Quick Assist is not working correctly anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist is not working correctly anymore: Recently my Quick Assist stopped working properly. When I click on "Assist another person" it brings up a screen asking me to put in the code like I am the one who is being assisted. I can no longer assist anybody through Quick Assist. Why is this happening and how can I...
  3. Quick Access not remember my selections

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access not remember my selections: On my windows 20H2 i try all.. also a file bat to delete and clean quick access, byt afetr select folder to show in quick access, after reboot windows not show these.... i just don't know how to fix it Thank for suggestions 169620
  4. Taskbar is not working correctly, right clicking taskbar and selecting an option does not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is not working correctly, right clicking taskbar and selecting an option does not work.: Hello, I encountered a weird issue with Win10. So, this has happened to me on version 1903 and 1909. In 1909 every time this issue popped up, I would just do an in-place upgrade, and that would solve it. When I upgraded to 2004 though, the issue reappeared and I am unable to...
  5. Taskbar is not working correctly, right clicking taskbar and selecting an option does not work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar is not working correctly, right clicking taskbar and selecting an option does not work.: Hello, I encountered a weird issue with Win10. So, this has happened to me on version 1903 and 1909. In 1909 every time this issue popped up, I would just do an in-place upgrade, and that would solve it. When I upgraded to 2004 though, the issue reappeared and I am unable to...
  6. Is there a way to quickly select a spell checker suggestion with a key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to quickly select a spell checker suggestion with a key?: The spell checker is useful, but having to select with my mouse wastes a lot of time. Edit: I have to first press the up arrow key and then I'm able to navigate between suggestions. submitted by /u/SenhorBrilhante [link] [comments]...
  7. S-1-5-18

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S-1-5-18: This keeps populating after fresh start. Multiple administrators and appears to be multiple OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/s-1-5-18/55087d33-da58-4357-a471-15b6c3754c25
  8. Way of opening selected files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Way of opening selected files: Heres my problem, Normally and befeore the problem starst - when I selected some files using CRTL or SHIFT button, and then double click lets say some photo, windows opens only the file i doubleclicked. Now when I select even 20 and more files and doubleclick the last...
  9. Select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only 1 computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only 1 computer?: Is it safe to select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only one computer? Where I volunteer I help maintain a computer for volunteers & visitors. There are 5 networked printers. The office wants only 1 of the printers in use from this computer. --- The one at the...
  10. In quick succession 5 unplanned restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    In quick succession 5 unplanned restarts: My problems mentioned in other threads had gone away, more or less, but this morning there were five early on in quick succession. Could it be weather related, seeing it is nearly midday and all the cars in my road are still frosted up. Is this log saying anything serious?...