Windows 10: Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11

Discus and support Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Device Manager is a handy tool in Windows 11 if you need to check your hardware specifications or update drivers. Despite its importance to many users,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 12, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11

Device Manager is a handy tool in Windows 11 if you need to check your hardware specifications or update drivers. Despite its importance to many users, there isn’t a shortcut on the taskbar or a quick-launch icon for it. That doesn’t mean it’s challenging to open and find.

If you’re new to the operating system or looking for this option, here are the quick ways to open Device Manager in Windows 11. Check them all out to see which one is easiest for you to use.

Run Device Manager in Windows 11

Here’s one of the easiest ways to open Device Manager. In Windows 11, simply press the Windows key and R together for the Run dialog to appear. When you enter devmgmt.msc and click on OK, you’ll see the DM appear on your screen.

Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 01-1.jpg

Power User option

Another handy option is to access the Power User menu in Windows 11 to open Device Manager. All you do is press Windows and X together, and the menu appears on your screen like magic. You’ll notice that DM is one of the listed options.

Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 Power-User-option.jpg

Windows Search

Do you see the small Search section in your taskbar at the bottom of your Windows 11 screen? If you don’t, you can press Windows and S to open it. Either way, you enter Device Manager and wait for the name to appear. Just click on it, and you have access to all your hardware and drivers.

Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 Windows-Search.jpg

Computer Management tool

Using the Computer Management tool is another option that’s been around for many Windows systems in the past. Luckily, you can use it to open Device Manager in Windows 11. All you do is open your search again (Windows and S), type in Computer Management, and open it. You’ll see DM listed as one of the options in the left pane. Click on it to see all your system settings.

Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 Computer-Management-tool.jpg

File Explorer

Using the File Explorer is a longer, laborious approach that I don’t like, but it may be your only option if the others don’t work so well. You can even make a shortcut to your desktop if you want. First, press Windows and E to open FE. From there, select the drive that Windows 11 is installed on.

Now, following these folders until you locate the Device Manager executable file: Drive // Windows // System32 // devmgmt.msc.

Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 File-Explorer.jpg

Control Panel

Using the Control Panel is another round-about way of opening Device Manager in Windows 11. Using the search option again, enter Control Panel and open it. Click on Hardware and Sound, and then look for Device Manager under Devices and Printers. Not an elegant method, but one you can use, nevertheless.

Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 Control-Panel.jpg

Command Line

Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell are two options if you prefer using command lines to find your system settings. They are more for advanced users, but you can easily find Device Manager this way. Using the search function and entering their names, you can open either of them. You’ll see a black screen appear waiting for you to enter a command. When you type devmgmt.msc and press enter, DM will open.

Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 Command-Line.jpg

Task Manager

The Task Manager isn’t only for killing apps that don’t want to close properly. You can also start new apps that way. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete together and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can use the Power User menu from before. Once in, you click on Run new task and enter devmgmt.msc. There you go: Device Manager is now open.

Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 Task-Manager.jpg

System Settings

The final quick way to open Device Manager in Windows 11 is with the system settings. All you have to do is press Windows and I, and the system settings open. It’s almost like opening your inventory in a video game. Now, type Device Manager in the search section, and you’re on your way.

Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 System-Settings.jpg

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 12, 2023
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Mar 12, 2023
  4. Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 12, 2023
Thema:

Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11

1. Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Quick Ways Open

2. No way to quickly take a fullscreen screenshot in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No way to quickly take a fullscreen screenshot in Windows 11: Hi,I have looked at other posts which suggest that Win + PrtSc will automatically take a full screen screenshot. It just opens the Snipping tool like another other combination with PrtSc. I tried installing Greenshot but Snippit is heck-bent on making sure I never take easy,...
  3. Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11: So when i try to open device manager, i get this error - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.".When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app...
  4. Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11: So when i try to open device manager, i get this error - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.".When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app...
  5. Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update: It says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.". I am the admin of my laptop.When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app associated with it for...
  6. Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update

Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update: It says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.". I am the admin of my laptop.When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app associated with it for...
  7. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  8. Device manager not opening

Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  9. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Device Manager will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Manager will not open: I cannot open Device Manager. I get a message: "Cannot save the archive 'control.zip' to the folder . . .". This also happens with other commands. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-will-not-open/ae659dd3-3168-4a28-835d-756d4295dd77