Windows 10: Quickbooks 18 not opening properly

Discus and support Quickbooks 18 not opening properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am able to log into the program as I normally do, but once in I cannot do anything. It freezes and won't allow me to click on file or even close out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aly W, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Aly W Win User

Quickbooks 18 not opening properly

I am able to log into the program as I normally do, but once in I cannot do anything. It freezes and won't allow me to click on file or even close out the program for that matter. I have to go the task manager. This began after using the program on the same computer for months without any problems. I have 2 other users on the same program and they are having no difficulties on thier computers.

:)

Aly W, Aug 27, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Quickbooks 2018 will not open

Hi Joann,

Error code 1712 occurs when a Windows system file is damaged or one of the components of Windows that QuickBooks uses is unstable and might not be functioning properly. This can happen after installing an update or a program that requires a restart. Kindly
    close all programs that are active, then restart your computer and see if you are able to open QuickBooks.

If restarting doesn't help, kindly close the QBW32.exe process in
    Task Manager. This process might be stuck. Ending it and reopening QuickBooks can solve it if it is stuck. Here's how to end it:

• Right-click the taskbar, then select Task Manager.
    • On the Processes tab, look for QW32.exe, then select
      End Process.

If the above steps doesn't help, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 & Quickbooks Pro 2011

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that after you have upgraded to Windows 10 you are facing issues with the Quickbooks pro 2011.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. Are you getting any error message?

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

I would like to inform you that Quickbook Pro 2011 is not compatible with Windows 10. Therefore it is needed to install in compatibility mode.

Hence,I suggest you to reinstall the Quickbooks pro 2011 in the compatibility mode and check if it helps,

Please follow the steps below for more information:

• Right click on the setup file of the application and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the
      operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Click OK and run the setup.
    I would also suggest you to refer the below link,

https://community.intuit.com/articl...quickbooks-2011-and-enterprise-solutions-11-0

If the issue still persists after troubleshooting steps I would suggest you to contact to Quickbooks Pro 2011 support.

QuickBooks Learn & Support

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Log on to QuickBooks Pro 2011 with Window 10

Hi,

We need more information with regards to Quickbooks Pro. Kindly provide the following:

• Where did you install Quickbooks Pro 2011? Is it through Windows Store or a specific website?
    We suggest you to perform a clean boot on your computer. Check on this
    link and follow the steps. This can help you eliminate software conflicts when running a program.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Quickbooks 18 not opening properly - Similar Threads - Quickbooks opening properly

2. I can not open QuickBooks 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not open QuickBooks 2019: I worked with QuickBooks Pro 2019 but it broke and I can not launch it on my PC now. Can you help guys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-open-quickbooks-2019/f4ebc56d-ead6-4ad9-b7dd-e0cc7e2a4381
  3. will not open properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will not open properly: When I turn on my computer, it goes into preparing to diagnose and then I get a message that the computer could not open properly. I then hace two options, continue or advance check. I have gone through the whole troubleshooting issues and I end up at the same place. I can...
  4. QuickBooks 2019 doesn’t open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QuickBooks 2019 doesn’t open: QuickBooks Pro 2019 won't open. It worked fine three days ago. Is there an issue with Windows 10? Intuit's tech support can't find the problem. ***Modified title from: Windows 10 and QuickBooks 2019***...
  5. quickbooks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    quickbooks: i updated from 2013 to 2019 quickbooks and lost everything . is there any way to recover? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quickbooks/c6de9553-3b99-4b63-83ed-12c84abb7cb4"
  6. Quickbook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quickbook: I'm receiving a runtime error message showing abnormal program termination. I am using Windows 10 64-bit. The program is Quickbook 2016 . It was working fine yesterday, bur after booting the computer this morning, the error message appeared when I tried to open the program....
  7. Quickbooks

Quickbooks: What could be the cause of the error Windows can't find your program files? All Quick Books programs won't open, Intuit has no clue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quickbooks/700c2f6e-766a-43eb-b16d-133409bf435c
  8. Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update

Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update: Quickbooks 2014 would not open one morning. After a call to Intuit, I upgraded to 2018 for max compatability. It didn't work. The program will open, but it closes as it's opening a company. Not a problem with company files, they work on two other machines. After days of phone...
  9. Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update: Quickbooks 2014 would not open one morning. After a call to Intuit, I upgraded to 2018 for max compatability. It didn't work. The program will open, but it closes as it's opening a company. Not a problem with company files, they work on two other machines. After days of phone...
  10. Quickbooks 2017 only opens to taskbar?

Quickbooks 2017 only opens to taskbar?: This didn't used to be case. I think I know how the problem started but not why. When I installed 2017 I kept 2013 on the machine just in case my wife had a problem with the new version. I forgot to uninstall 2013 from months ago. Both versions have their separate data...