Windows 10: Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard

Discus and support Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Qb's does not seem to like this server very much. I have tried just about everything from uninstalling to reinstalling, making registry edits and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Felipe Moreno3, May 31, 2023.

1. Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard

Qb's does not seem to like this server very much. I have tried just about everything from uninstalling to reinstalling, making registry edits and a whole bag of different tricks. I have had this issue for about 3 months now, Qb's randomly crashes when logging in. I know its not an app problem because it works fine in my other servers just not this one. When I click on the debugger I get sent to Visual Studio, I assume here is where the problem is but I do not understand what this means.

:)

Felipe Moreno3, May 31, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 31, 2023
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Quickbooks has stopped working, Windows 10 Quickbooks 2016

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with
    opening QuickBooks 2016. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to compatibility issues.

I suggest you to install QuickBooks 2016 in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

To install QuickBooks 2016 in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Right-click on the setup file of the program and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest version of Windows from the drop down list.

e. Let the program install and then check the functionality.

Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    QuickBooks 2016 before uninstalling it.

Refer the article for additional information.

https://community.intuit.com/articl...quickbooks-2016-and-enterprise-solutions-16-0

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 31, 2023
  4. Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard

Quickbooks 2016 crasing on Windows 10.

Original Title: Compatability

Windows and Quickbooks

I am using QuickBooks 2016 and Windows 10. Up until today they have work well together. Now when I try to make an invoice the program crashes and doesn't allow me to move past listing the vendor. Anyone else finding this issue?

BeesKneesIdaho, May 31, 2023
Thema:

Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard

1. Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard - Similar Threads - Quickbooks random crashing

2. VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard: I have a backup appliance from Datto that is running hourly backups on a Windows Server 2016 Standard File Server. The backups up until about 2-3 weeks ago were working without issue outside of the irregular power outage or two with summer storms. I had an issue where just...
  3. Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard: Qb's does not seem to like this server very much. I have tried just about everything from uninstalling to reinstalling, making registry edits and a whole bag of different tricks. I have had this issue for about 3 months now, Qb's randomly crashes when logging in. I know its...
  4. Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard: Qb's does not seem to like this server very much. I have tried just about everything from uninstalling to reinstalling, making registry edits and a whole bag of different tricks. I have had this issue for about 3 months now, Qb's randomly crashes when logging in. I know its...
  5. Windows Server 2016 Standard Crashing randomly with diferent BSOD errors each time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 Standard Crashing randomly with diferent BSOD errors each time: Hi, and thanks in advance. We have a Windows 2016 Server and have been problems for months now with some random crashes that we are chasing but unfortunately we haven't found a solution yet.I will leave the minidumps here in a wetransfer link looking for someone who can help...
  6. Windows Server 2016 Standard Crashing randomly with diferent BSOD errors each time

Windows Server 2016 Standard Crashing randomly with diferent BSOD errors each time: Hi, and thanks in advance. We have a Windows 2016 Server and have been problems for months now with some random crashes that we are chasing but unfortunately we haven't found a solution yet.I will leave the minidumps here in a wetransfer link looking for someone who can help...
  7. Windows Server 2016 Standard Crashing randomly with diferent BSOD errors each time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. window server 2016 standard have crash file issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window server 2016 standard have crash file issue: We have window server 2016 having purchased license. we are facing crashing files issues in our server, we have installed antivirus which is automatically disable and not running in window. Some other application not working properly. We have checked in event log view details...
  9. window server 2016 standard have crash file issue

window server 2016 standard have crash file issue: We have window server 2016 having purchased license. we are facing crashing files issues in our server, we have installed antivirus which is automatically disable and not running in window. Some other application not working properly. We have checked in event log view details...
  10. Quickbooks 2016 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quickbooks 2016 and Windows 10: I cannot save to a zip drive now that I downloaded Windows 10. Is this because I downloaded the free version? I have been having trouble with all of my programs since this download but my quickbooks program comes up with an error message stating, "there was a problem in...