Windows 10: Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update

Discus and support Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Quickbooks 2014 would not open one morning. After a call to Intuit, I upgraded to 2018 for max compatability. It didn't work. The program will open,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DayleDesigns, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update

Quickbooks 2014 would not open one morning. After a call to Intuit, I upgraded to 2018 for max compatability. It didn't work. The program will open, but it closes as it's opening a company. Not a problem with company files, they work on two other machines. After days of phone and chat with Intuit and Mircosoft, I was told the problem was a Windows Update and Microsoft is aware of the problem.

I tried uninstalling updates, uninstalling and reinstalling QBs. Doing that got Maillwasher Pro working again, but not Quickbooks.

Will this ever be fixed? Can I fix it? Do I dare try to repair Windows 10? Do I go back to Win 7?

[ Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup ]

:)

DayleDesigns, Sep 8, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Quickbooks 2018 will not open

Hi Joann,

Error code 1712 occurs when a Windows system file is damaged or one of the components of Windows that QuickBooks uses is unstable and might not be functioning properly. This can happen after installing an update or a program that requires a restart. Kindly
    close all programs that are active, then restart your computer and see if you are able to open QuickBooks.

If restarting doesn't help, kindly close the QBW32.exe process in
    Task Manager. This process might be stuck. Ending it and reopening QuickBooks can solve it if it is stuck. Here's how to end it:

• Right-click the taskbar, then select Task Manager.
    • On the Processes tab, look for QW32.exe, then select
      End Process.

If the above steps doesn't help, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Sep 8, 2018
  3. DN75 Win User
    Quickbooks won't open after Windows update in Sept. 2016

I have QuickBooks 2011 and it won't open in Windows 10 update. The official response from Intuit is that my version is too old and they don't support it. They suggest upgrading to a new version of QuickBooks.

DN75, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update

Windows 10 & Quickbooks Pro 2011

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that after you have upgraded to Windows 10 you are facing issues with the Quickbooks pro 2011.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. Are you getting any error message?

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

I would like to inform you that Quickbook Pro 2011 is not compatible with Windows 10. Therefore it is needed to install in compatibility mode.

Hence,I suggest you to reinstall the Quickbooks pro 2011 in the compatibility mode and check if it helps,

Please follow the steps below for more information:

• Right click on the setup file of the application and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the
      operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Click OK and run the setup.
    I would also suggest you to refer the below link,

https://community.intuit.com/articl...quickbooks-2011-and-enterprise-solutions-11-0

If the issue still persists after troubleshooting steps I would suggest you to contact to Quickbooks Pro 2011 support.

QuickBooks Learn & Support

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update

1. Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Quickbooks open update

2. Quickbooks won't open after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickbooks won't open after Windows 11 Update: Every time I attempt to open or process the payroll services, QuickBooks reports that Internet Explorer is turned off in Windows. It happens just after upgrading Windows to the 11 version. The latest update of Windows might have removed Internet Explorer because it moved to...
  3. Quickbooks won't open after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickbooks won't open after Windows 11 Update: Every time I attempt to open or process the payroll services, QuickBooks reports that Internet Explorer is turned off in Windows. It happens just after upgrading Windows to the 11 version. The latest update of Windows might have removed Internet Explorer because it moved to...
  4. Why QuickBooks Desktop freezing after Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why QuickBooks Desktop freezing after Windows 10 updates?: Last night, we installed the latest Windows 10 updates, and now QuickBooks Desktop freezing. Have tried reverting to the previous state by restoring the Windows backup but had no success fixing QuickBooks. What has gone wrong with QuickBooks after the Windows update?...
  5. Why QuickBooks Desktop freezing after Windows 10 updates?

Why QuickBooks Desktop freezing after Windows 10 updates?: Last night, we installed the latest Windows 10 updates, and now QuickBooks Desktop freezing. Have tried reverting to the previous state by restoring the Windows backup but had no success fixing QuickBooks. What has gone wrong with QuickBooks after the Windows update?...
  6. Why QuickBooks Desktop freezing after Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. QuickBooks after Win update

QuickBooks after Win update: Windows 10 did update on june 18, 2020. It forced OneDrive on my computer after I had unlinked/uninstalled it before installing Quickbooks. Now I cannot use Quickbooks as it cannot run in OneDrive. This has tsken our entire accounting system doen now for several days as...
  8. QuickBooks 2019 doesn’t open

QuickBooks 2019 doesn’t open: QuickBooks Pro 2019 won't open. It worked fine three days ago. Is there an issue with Windows 10? Intuit's tech support can't find the problem. ***Modified title from: Windows 10 and QuickBooks 2019***...
  9. Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update

Quickbooks will not open after Win 10 update: Quickbooks 2014 would not open one morning. After a call to Intuit, I upgraded to 2018 for max compatability. It didn't work. The program will open, but it closes as it's opening a company. Not a problem with company files, they work on two other machines. After days of phone...
  10. Quickbooks 18 not opening properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quickbooks 18 not opening properly: I am able to log into the program as I normally do, but once in I cannot do anything. It freezes and won't allow me to click on file or even close out the program for that matter. I have to go the task manager. This began after using the program on the same computer for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quickbook 2018 not opening after windows update

2. missing company file in quickbooks after windows update

3. unable to open quickbooksa fter win 10 updates

4. QUICKBOOKS 2014 NOT WORKING AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE,
  5. quickbooks pro 2013 wont open,
  6. quickbooks pro 2013 no longer open after update windows 10,
  7. quickbooks wont open after windows update,
  8. windows update quickbooks wont open