Windows 10: Quickie Question - Can I remove...

Discus and support Quickie Question - Can I remove... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On the evening of July 28th, while working on some other issue, Microsoft tech support, "upgraded" my Win 10 Home 1909 to Win 10 Home 2004. (downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ghot, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Ghot Win User

Quickie Question - Can I remove...

On the evening of July 28th, while working on some other issue, Microsoft tech support, "upgraded" my Win 10 Home 1909 to Win 10 Home 2004. (downloaded ISO, mounted it, and ran it from there). Afterwards, we ran Disk Cleanup in Advanced mode and it removed most of the leftover crap.

Only thing I can see, that didn't get removed was this... see pic below, (in RED rectangle). I have current, very good backups. Can I just delete these two files?

Quickie Question - Can I remove... [​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Quickie Question - Can I remove... - Similar Threads - Quickie Question remove

2. Parental consent question if I remove it can I reinstate it later?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental consent question if I remove it can I reinstate it later?: I want to move from one family account a kid account to another one. Microsoft only allows me to remove from the family account if I remove parental consent. Ok, I can do that, but after that, can I reinstate the parental consent? If yes, how can I do it?...
  3. Parental consent question if I remove it can I reinstate it later?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parental consent question if I remove it can I reinstate it later?: I want to move from one family account a kid account to another one. Microsoft only allows me to remove from the family account if I remove parental consent. Ok, I can do that, but after that, can I reinstate the parental consent? If yes, how can I do it?...
  4. Can I remove this folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I remove this folder?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Haris1C [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdmo9u/can_i_remove_this_folder/
  5. New Install - Quickie Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Install - Quickie Question: Hi all. following my other thread, i'm going to stick Win on a new SDD, see how that goes. i've got a Rufus disc of 1909 from Nov 19, as that was the build my puter was on, so there'll be a bunch of downloads to catch up w/. so, so i put on the OS and let windows do all its...
  6. New Install - Quickie Question

in Windows 10 Support
    New Install - Quickie Question: Hi all. following my other thread, i'm going to stick Win on a new SDD, see how that goes. i've got a Rufus disc of 1909 from Nov 19, as that was the build my puter was on, so there'll be a bunch of downloads to catch up w/. so, so i put on the OS and let windows do all its...
  7. Can I remove these apps?

Can I remove these apps?: VP9 Video Extensions HEIF Image Extensions Realtek Audio Console, I want to focus on this for a moment Every time I make a Windows Update, Realtek returns to its previous state, removing the Enhancement tab in the Sound Device, which lowers the audio of my laptop. I have...
  8. [Question] Is there any way I can remove the tile container from the icon that is in the...

[Question] Is there any way I can remove the tile container from the icon that is in the...: The WhatsApp icon on the taskbar looks inconsistent because of its tile background. Is there any way I can get rid of it. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/2QiPqNX submitted by /u/bnayagrawal [link] [comments]...
  9. There is a file that I can not remove

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There is a file that I can not remove: I was messing around on the batch files and stuff because I was board. I made one batch file that had every thing it it and when I saved it my anti-virus went off. When I look it said error and It could not remove it. When I did I could not remove. The good thing is it is...
  10. Account? Removal question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account? Removal question: HI! I'm new to the forums. And hopefully I'm on the right thread. I apologize if I'm not. My grandmother just bought a new laptop and I'm working on setting it up for her. In doing so I didn't have access to her password at first for her email so I used one of my own to...