Quickly boot between OS's

Discus and support Quickly boot between OS's in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Friends, If you're dual booting like I am between your current OS and Windows 10 here is a trick I use to quickly go back and forth. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Justdave, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Justdave Win User

Friends,

If you're dual booting like I am between your current OS and Windows 10 here is a trick I use to quickly go back and forth. I have a shortcut in Windows 8.1 to take me to Windows 10 and a shortcut on Windows 10 to take me to Windows 8.1. Here is what you need to do.

In your current OS

1. create a batch file as follows:
    TITLE BOOT TO WINDOWS 10
    bcdedit /default {identifier}
    bcdedit /timeout 0
    shutdown /r /t 0

--Run BCDEdit to find the identifier for Windows 10 to insert above

--Setting the timeout to 0 will skip the Boot Menu screen, leave that line out if you want

2. Create a shortcut to that batch file and in 'Properties' set 'Run minimized' and set Advanced 'Run as administrator'

Rename the shortcut anything you want. Mine is 'Boot to Windows 10' in Windows 8.1 and 'Boot to Windows 8.1' in Windows 10

In Windows 10 repeat the steps 1 and 2 above inserting the {identifier} for your current OS

Just thought I'd pass this along.

:)

Justdave, Jul 19, 2015
  2. Smittychat. Win User
    Smittychat., Jul 19, 2015
  3. HumbleInc Win User
    Windows 10 0xc000000f

Pressing F9 worked for me. It seems windows is between OSs - doesn't have the boot record for the previous OS and cannot find the new boot record. F9 booted back in to windows, completed the update and all is well after that.

HumbleInc, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Ztruker, Jul 19, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    Cool !

Thanks for sharing.

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Quickly boot between OS's - Similar Threads - Quickly boot between

2. Unmountable boot error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unmountable boot error: Hello! My laptop has been getting the blue screen with the “unmountable boot error” when I try to start it up. I made USB drive of the windows media installation to try to fix it but it doesn’t show up. Ive tried changing the boot order & tried using F9 to select it but it’s...
  3. How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 and a dell monitor. Can get home screen on monitor but if I choose 2 as the monitor I can't get the mouse to come back to my laptop....
  4. My computer can not boot and shut down properly

My computer can not boot and shut down properly: My computer is not starting up and shutting down properly. At first the system started up correctly but I was strangely redirected to a screen that asked me to sign out and sign in again for Windows to work properly I did just that and it was successful. After like 10...
  5. Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?: I am the admin...no kids in the house...yet I see this annoying window at each start...10PRO 64bit [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/why-do-i-see-this-at-every-boot-on-the-desktop/b83e01a9-84fa-4fed-80ae-f1383265e609
  6. How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10: [IMG] Booting the computer system involves loading an operating system from the various boot devices like drivers, network, and USB drives when the computer is switched on. Once the startup sequence finishes loading the operating system, the system hardware will be [...]...
  7. Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting)

Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting): I use a Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop with i7 Processor and 8GB RAM. When I bought the laptop, it was normal after boot. Then after time passed by, my performance of my laptop started degrading (i.e) The computer was damn slow for nearly a minute after boot and returns to normal...
  8. Microsoft reveals more details of Windows Core OS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals more details of Windows Core OS: Microsoft's long rumored dual-screen Andromeda phone may never see the light of day, but the related "Windows Core OS" project or WCOS, is still underway, and according to a job vacancy posted on LinkedIn, it's all about Windows 10 devices and drivers. The vacancy for a...
  9. OS selection menu not showing

OS selection menu not showing: I have windows 10 along with windows 7 installed. The problem is that it never shows the os selection menu and always boots into windows 10, never windows 7. When i change system configuration a little (for example, changing time for wich menu is shown) it shows again for...
  10. Infinite loading screen that comes up before intended login screen every time I boot up my pc

Infinite loading screen that comes up before intended login screen every time I boot up my pc: Note: tried to do what someone recommended in previous posts on command prompt but nothing came of it Basically I started getting this problem two days ago. Every time I started up my pc, it would boot normally until a black screen with an infinite loading cursor symbol...