Windows 10: Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager

Discus and support Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft extended the functionality of the Task Manager in the Windows 10 operating system. Not all features that Microsoft introduced are great. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Aug 30, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager

Microsoft extended the functionality of the Task Manager in the Windows 10 operating system. Not all features that Microsoft introduced are great. The rather useless basic mode that reveals virtually no information at all needs to be mentioned in this regard.

A click on "more details" opens the real Task Manager and Windows remembers the state so that you don't have to repeat the process each time you open it.

The Task Manager features process information but also hardware readings and startup management features. The hardware information is interesting in particular; while not as extensive as in the Resource Monitor, it is often good enough for a quick check that reveals what is going on. Furthermore, it is just a couple of key-presses away and the information is readily available.

A click on Performance displays the readings. When you check the GPU reading in that build or newer builds, you may notice that it includes the temperature of the graphics processing unit. May, because there are certain requirements that need to be met for that. First, that the temperature is only displayed for dedicated GPUs, and second, that WDDM 2.4 or higher is installed. One way to find out if the latter is the case is to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and check the Driver Model version under Display. You may start the tool by opening start, typing dxdiag.exe and selecting the item from the results.

Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager windows-task-manager-gpu-temperature.png

The GPU listing displays the load and the temperature right when Performance is opened. A click on GPU displays graphs and additional information, and it is possible to change the graphs by selecting a different source; temperature is not available yet there so that it is not possible to check temperature over time yet. Microsoft did not reveal whether it plans to integrate that option in future builds.

Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager gpu-temperature-task-manager.png

The temperature may change rather quickly depending on the tasks. It is probably best to keep the Task Manager option to quickly check the temperature whenever you need to.

Third-party programs are still better suited if you need additional details. Check out programs like HWMonitor or SpeedFan or our overview of PC temperature monitors..

You may also be interested in the following tutorials:

Closing Words

The GPU temperature reading may be handy for a quick check but since there is no history, it is not suitable for extensive troubleshooting.

Now You: Do you check temperatures regularly on your devices?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks/). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Aug 30, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10

Just tried your info, and although my GTX1070 supports WDM 2.6, I see no temps in Task Manager. I can, however, see temps in tools such as HWiNFO, SIW, and so forth. Any suggestions as to how to investigate further and/or repair this deficiency? Thanks!
    --Ed--

For example, here's the Sensors output on the GPU from SIW Home:

Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager [​IMG]

EdTittel, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Dude Win User
    Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10

Same here Ed, I dont get the Temp

Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager [​IMG]

4. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

Microsoft is working on an update to Windows 10, which among several other things, adds a GPU utilization tab to Task Manager. You will be able to monitor each individual GPU in your machine, and Task Manager will give you live utilization stats for the GPU's 3D load, Video hardware-acceleration (encode/decode) load, dedicated memory usage, shared memory usage, and basic driver information such as driver version and date. For now the update is part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226; and will make it to the main-release in the coming months.

Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager 72c4e559f706_thm.jpg

Source: Windows Blog

btarunr, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Quickly check the GPU Temperature in the Windows 10 Task Manager - Similar Threads - Quickly check GPU

2. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager: Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19045 Build 19045Latest GPU driver is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-temperature-does-not-display-in-task-manager/14d0d64e-f2fb-4358-8700-18b9f058a534
  3. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager: Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19045 Build 19045Latest GPU driver is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-temperature-does-not-display-in-task-manager/14d0d64e-f2fb-4358-8700-18b9f058a534
  4. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes: Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly...
  7. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes: Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly...
  8. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Cannot see GPU temperature in task manager on Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot see GPU temperature in task manager on Windows 10 2004: Just update to version 2004 build 19041.329. However I cannot see GPU temps in the task manager. My laptop has an integrated Intel HD 620 (WDDM 2.2) and dedicated Nvidia 940mx (WDDM 2.6) GPUs. submitted by /u/NxtDoorNerd [link] [comments]...
  10. Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10: How to: Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows task manager how to show gpu temperature

2. how to enable gpu temperature task manager

3. task manager doesnt read gpu load accurately