Windows 10: Quickly disabling and enabling mouse (preferrable with G Hub)

Discus and support Quickly disabling and enabling mouse (preferrable with G Hub) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone I recently connected my TV to my PC to watch videos and movies. Therefore I have my mouse next to me on the couch to control the PC. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thirty_7, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Quickly disabling and enabling mouse (preferrable with G Hub)

Hi everyone I recently connected my TV to my PC to watch videos and movies. Therefore I have my mouse next to me on the couch to control the PC. My question is if it is possible to quickly lock and unlock the mouse cursor (for example with G Hub as I use a G502) because moving on the couch sometimes triggers a mouse movement and therefore brings up the Video Controls. Right now I just turn my mouse over, so the sensor doesn’t pick up anything but I‘m looking for a more elegant solution Thanks in advance Quickly disabling and enabling mouse (preferrable with G Hub) :)

submitted by /u/thirty_7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thirty_7, Mar 2, 2020

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    mouse delays

Hi Peter,

It is possible that you're experiencing mouse lag after update due to corrupted/outdated drivers or compatibility issue.

To troubleshoot your issue, I suggest that you follow these options:

Option 1: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot your mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

Option 2: Enable / Disable Scroll Inactive Windows:

• Navigate to Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad.
    • Now locate the Scroll Inactive Windows option and disable / enable it.
    • Try disabling and enabling this option a few times and check if the issue is resolved.

Option 3: Change Palm Check Threshold:

• Go to Mouse & Touchpad settings.
    • Click Additional Mouse Options.
    • Next choose TouchPad Tab.
    • Click on Settings and go to Advanced Tab.
    • Locate the Palm Check Threshold and move it all the way to the left.

Option 4: Set the touchpad to No Delay

To do this navigate to Mouse & Touchpad settings like we explained in the previous steps. Now find the
    Touchpad section and set the delay before clicks to No delay (always on).

Option 5: Change your mouse frequency

Sometimes mouse lag problems can be related to its frequency. This issue usually affects wireless mice, and if your mouse is lagging, you might be able to solve the problem by adjusting its frequency.

To do that, open your mouse configuration software and change its frequency from 500 to 250Hz. After doing that, your mouse will start working normally.

Option 6: Disable Fast Startup:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter control panel. Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • When Control Panel opens, select Power Options.
    • Now click on Choose what the power button does.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) and click on
      Save changes
    • After disabling Fast Startup, the issue should be resolved and your mouse will start working again.

Option 7: Change your Clickpad settings:

• Navigate to Mouse section in Control Panel.
    • Go to Clickpad settings. Navigate to Advanced > Smart Sense and set
      Filter to 0.

Option 8: Roll back your drivers:

• Open Win + X menu by pressing Windows Key + X. Now select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • When Device Manager opens, locate your mouse or Realtek audio driver and double click it.
    • Go to Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver button if available. If
      Roll Back Driver button is grayed out, this solution doesn’t apply to you.

Option 9: Change Power management options:

• Go to Device Manager and double click USB Hub device to open its properties.
    • When Properties window opens, go to Power Management tab and uncheck
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click
      OK
      to save changes.
    • Keep in mind that you need to repeat these steps for all USB Hub devices on your PC. After making the necessary changes, the issues with your mouse will be resolved.

Option 10: I suggest that you follow the steps shared by Jackson Chris on this
    thread.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Quickly disabling and enabling mouse (preferrable with G Hub)

Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Quickly disabling and enabling mouse (preferrable with G Hub)

1. Quickly disabling and enabling mouse (preferrable with G Hub) - Similar Threads - Quickly disabling enabling

2. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  3. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  4. Wireless 2.4 G Keyboard is disabled but Mouse...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless 2.4 G Keyboard is disabled but Mouse...: I have a wireless mouse keyboard that are connected to my laptop by the same dongle. after updating to latest version of windows 11 and have my drivers UpToDate, I noticed that the keyboard is disabled then I went to Bluetooth settings and saw that there is an error which...
  5. Wireless 2.4 G Keyboard is disabled but Mouse...

Wireless 2.4 G Keyboard is disabled but Mouse...: I have a wireless mouse keyboard that are connected to my laptop by the same dongle. after updating to latest version of windows 11 and have my drivers UpToDate, I noticed that the keyboard is disabled then I went to Bluetooth settings and saw that there is an error which...
  6. Logitech G Hub

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logitech G Hub: Hello,I've been getting bsods while using verifier luckily i finally stabilized my system after many other bsods and am keeping an eye on what gets added. I've pin pointed it to logitech's software/drivers for my mouse and uninstalled it in case it causes any other problems...
  7. Logitech G Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech G Hub: Hello,I've been getting bsods while using verifier luckily i finally stabilized my system after many other bsods and am keeping an eye on what gets added. I've pin pointed it to logitech's software/drivers for my mouse and uninstalled it in case it causes any other problems...
  8. Logitech G Hub

9. Logitech G Hub does not start?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logitech G Hub does not start?: Hello, I have a new Logitech mouse and would like to install and use the associated "Logitech G Hub" program. The program can also be installed, but cannot be started properly. As soon as I start the program, it loads a Logitech animation forever, otherwise nothing else...
  10. Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox Firefox includes a Find in This Page (Ctrl+F) feature that allows you to search for words and phrases on the page of a website you are viewing in Firefox. Firefox will show...