Windows 10: Quicktime

Discus and support Quicktime in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there again. I am battling to find and install quicktime for Win 10 64bit. I have a .mov file I would like to watch, The picture is clear but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eddie21, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Eddie21 Win User

Quicktime

Hi there again.

I am battling to find and install quicktime for Win 10 64bit.

I have a .mov file I would like to watch, The picture is clear but it has no sound?

Anyone out there with advice or better still a working link to get what I need?

Would appreciate any assistance. Thank you

:)

Eddie21, Sep 20, 2015

2. Quick Time and Windows 10

Apple released a compatible version almost a month ago.

It is QuickTime 7.7.8

Download QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows

A-User-Where, Sep 20, 2015
  3. How do I Stop win explorer from crashing and restarting all the time?

295 3:45:21.4877404 PM explorer.exe 2016
    FASTIO_NETWORK_QUERY_OPEN C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\QuickTime.cpl
    FAST IO DISALLOWED

As a side note: Uninstall QuickTime immediately.

Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - :
    http://blog.trendmicro.com/urgent-call-action-uninstall-quicktime-windows-today/

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Quicktime

Hi Eddie!

First of all: I expect that your file basically is ok. If it is broken, then the following will not fix it.

I would not install Quicktime. Normally, Windows Media Player can play mov files. If this is not the case for some files, then the content inside the mov container will be somehow "unusual". I would download a version of ffmpeg like this one http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win...in64-static.7z and then use it on the command line like so:

cd folder-with-ffmpeg
    cd bin
    ffmpeg.exe -i input-file.mov output.mp4

If I remember correctly, ffmpeg should then convert the sound to AAC automatically and Windows Media Player can play AAC sound. With other words: The mp4 file should play with sound.

Joergi, Sep 20, 2015
  5. Eddie21 Win User
    Hi Joergi

Much appreciated, Spasiba!!

Eddie21, Sep 20, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    Should the above command not do it, maybe the following does the trick:

ffmpeg -i input-file.mov -c:v copy -c:a libfdk_aac -vbr 3 output.mp4

This copies the video without changing it in any way (which will be very fast), while the audio is converted to AAC.

Joergi, Sep 20, 2015
  7. Eddie21 Win User
    Joergi

Short of sounding stupid....

I downloaded the file and it has a few files to install. I installed all of them and it opens a small black screen like cmd prompt but it says cannot find ffmpeg press any key to exit?

Eddie21, Sep 20, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

Quicktime

You have to extract all files inside that archive, then open a command prompt and enter the commands I posted above, meaning: Navigate to the ffmpeg folder and use ffmpeg.

Joergi, Sep 20, 2015
  9. Eddie21 Win User
    Sorry for all the mails Joergi

I have to get some sleep now so I will read your comments later this morning again.

Thanks for all your help so far

Eddie

Eddie21, Sep 20, 2015
  10. Joergi Win User
    You can use VLC to play the files. However, that won't fix them, if they should be usable in Windows Media Player as well. Anyway, VLC also has options to convert a file from one format into another. Basically it works just like ffmpeg, but with a graphical user interface. And with combinations of options not producing the desired results. That is why I prefer using ffmpeg directly.

Joergi, Sep 20, 2015
  11. Eddie21 Win User
    Thank you Joergi

I downloaded VLC and voila, problem solved. Much appreciated!!!

Eddie21, Sep 20, 2015
  12. Joergi Win User
    You're welcome!

Note that if you want to play the files on another computer, where you only have WIndows Media Player, they will not work. I had the same problem recently (with some older mpg files in my case, but the issue was of the same nature) and to solve this, I have converted the files. That way I can also play them, if VLC is not installed (which it is not on a default Windows 10 system).

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Quicktime

1. Quicktime - Similar Threads - Quicktime

2. game with quicktime not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game with quicktime not working: i am trying to play an old game came out in 1996 or 1997 but it says it needs quicktime version 2.1.2 so I installed it but it says My PC does not have quicktime...
  3. game with quicktime not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game with quicktime not working: i am trying to play an old game came out in 1996 or 1997 but it says it needs quicktime version 2.1.2 so I installed it but it says My PC does not have quicktime...
  4. Apple aplication support is NOT included in the ether installers, like iTunes, QuickTime ....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple aplication support is NOT included in the ether installers, like iTunes, QuickTime ....: On 4/3/2021 7:00:13 AM this gentleman posted following question:TDTZoe Re-install Apple Application Support x64 Hello,I uninstalled Apple Application Support x64 because I thought I didn't need it. I thought it was just bloatware.Turns out another software ICM-Pro is heavily...
  5. Apple aplication support is NOT included in the ether installers, like iTunes, QuickTime ....

Apple aplication support is NOT included in the ether installers, like iTunes, QuickTime ....: On 4/3/2021 7:00:13 AM this gentleman posted following question:TDTZoe Re-install Apple Application Support x64 Hello,I uninstalled Apple Application Support x64 because I thought I didn't need it. I thought it was just bloatware.Turns out another software ICM-Pro is heavily...
  6. Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10: HiI need to video myself on a conference call and I have no idea how to do this. A friend suggested quicktime but I thought this was an Apple product? WHat is the best version for Windows 10? Thanks in advance* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  7. Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10

Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10: HiI need to video myself on a conference call and I have no idea how to do this. A friend suggested quicktime but I thought this was an Apple product? WHat is the best version for Windows 10? Thanks in advance* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. Apple's Quicktime 7 loading TOO long on Windows 10 laptop. In need of assistance.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apple's Quicktime 7 loading TOO long on Windows 10 laptop. In need of assistance.: Greetings,I installed the Apple's Quicktime 7 on Windows 10 laptop. As soon as the installation is complete, the Apple's Quicktime screen shows up on Windows 10 laptop. Loading...Loading...Loading. Nothing happens. What seems to be the problem with Apple's Quicktime 7 on...
  9. quicktime replacement?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    quicktime replacement?: I have some ancient Rosetta Stone CD-ROMS. The application requires Quicktime I think tries to download when I put application cd in and there is a quicktime icon on the cd. I hear from Rosetta that the CD may only work with Windows98 or WindowsXP. I have Windows 10 I...
  10. Need help quicktime thanks and godbless

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help quicktime thanks and godbless: Having a spot of trouble with my pc. Installed new win10 update and its just shitting the bed. Annoying me because i should be in bed. Anyway it will load up to login screen fine and let me log in fine but thats when the trouble starts. The screen is flickering white as it...