Windows 10: Quirks with recent Firefox v56 update...

Discus and support Quirks with recent Firefox v56 update... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Has anyone noticed the generic look to the Folders in the bookmark app? [img] I don't mind that, but you'd think that after all these years they'd... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Anak, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Anak Win User

Quirks with recent Firefox v56 update...

Has anyone noticed the generic look to the Folders in the bookmark app?

Quirks with recent Firefox v56 update... [​IMG]
    I don't mind that, but you'd think that after all these years they'd make the app itself bigger.

One other quirk; When I updated my machine in specs, the Options app had an unresponsive General tab I had to use a different setting in about:config to get it back, what the setting change does is revert back to the old layout, this is what I used:

This all became a moot point when I created a new profile so I have a problem in the default profile. I'm waiting for v57 to come out and see if it corrects the problem with the default profile if not I'll reset the preference and test.

I had no problems with my FF/win7 machine.

:)

2. Why does Windows defender keep turning off.

Greg -

Thanks. Turning Kaspersky off makes Defender look like it is ok. Then turning Kaspersky back on makes Defender act up as before. The other quirk, since the last Windows update, is that often I often get a message that neither is turned on, and I can choose
    which to use. I choose Defender, and it then looks as if both are running and but Defender, when opened, has the quirk of staying open for only a few seconds then closing itself.

I've wondered recently with Defender updates as often as they do them, is the Kaspersky even necessary anymore?

RobertLeary, Oct 10, 2017
  3. Every single web browser crashes after latest Windows 10 update

In my case,after installing the recent Windows updates Comodo Firewall causes Firefox crashes on startup. today Comodo released an update and after installing it, Firefox works normally again.

PuppetGrenade, Oct 10, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Yes, they are transparent icons now:

If you bookmark chrome://browser/content/places/places.xul , you can perform all 'Library' tasks in a full screen tab:

browser.preferences.useOldOrganization does not work anymore; it doesn't even exist in about:config in Nightly 58.

Edwin, Oct 10, 2017
  5. Anak Win User
    Edwin, thanks for the heads up on all that.

Anak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Quirks with recent Firefox v56 update... - Similar Threads - Quirks recent Firefox

2. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update: With the most recent windows 10 update September 2022 two-finger touchpad scrolling is no longer working in Firefox. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update: With the most recent windows 10 update September 2022 two-finger touchpad scrolling is no longer working in Firefox. Is there a way to fix this?...
  4. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Video Editor Quirk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor Quirk: If you accidentally delete a file from your Project Library in the Windows 10 video editor, it will say, "We can't find this file" in the timline. When you try to add the file back in, it doesn't copy in with the original name I had, it copies in as C10 Copy 2, and timeline...
  6. update quirks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update quirks: I have several isolated HP 840 workstations, running W10 version 1709. They must remain isolated. One of them refuses to accept the patch for KB4534276. There message is that the update does not apply to the computer. I've applied the most recent servicing stack updated...
  7. Firefox Vulnerbility found recently

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Vulnerbility found recently: Make sure your up to date http://www.tomshardware.com/news/fir...tch,29783.html 14708
  8. Firefox v56 Reload/Stop Button Issue in TenForums

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox v56 Reload/Stop Button Issue in TenForums: I recently upgraded to Firefox v56.0.2 (64-bit) from v54 (32-bit). I am having a strange issue with the TenForums site that I don't notice anywhere else. I usually start on the main forums page, then select a particular forum and open it into a new tab. Then I may open one of...
  9. Sleep Quirk

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Quirk: I left my machine running last night so it could finish copying files from my old drive to the new one. When I woke up this morning the power light was flashing, its sign it's in sleep mode, but the internal LEDs (GPU, CPU heatsink, etc.) were all still on and I couldn't wake...
  10. Win 10 CU update Quirk

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 CU update Quirk: Hello Guys and Gals, after updating to Win10 CU i cannot align my icons even with the task bar, i was able to do this before the update, is anyone else having this issue ? , is it possible to resolve it Thanks in advance 81203