Windows 10: Quirky graphics behaviour

Discus and support Quirky graphics behaviour in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Puzzled by recent odd behaviour in two of my applications and wonder if it's maybe some Windows 10 quirk? Hopefully not a problem with my built-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Terrypin Win User

Quirky graphics behaviour

Puzzled by recent odd behaviour in two of my applications and wonder if it's maybe some Windows 10 quirk? Hopefully not a problem with my built-in Intel HD Graphics 530.

In my video editor, Movie Edit Pro, a familiar message that sometimes gets displayed when importing a file (to offer optional adjustment of resolution or frame rate), shook or flashed for maybe half a second or so. Almost as if to draw my attention to it! Tried to reproduce to upload a video, but in vain.

In one of my mapping programs, Memory Map, when dragging a pane or window I'm getting multiple images. It resisted screenshots or video capture so here's a brief video I made with my iPhone:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf3hpgo20s...blem.mp4?raw=1

Anyone seen anything similar or have any ideas about possible cause(s) please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Feb 19, 2018

2. Quirky behaviour with external HDD

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why your other computer is not able to read an external driver properly. This could be caused by a recent update that was installed or device drivers that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern,
    kindly answer the questions below:

• Are all of the external drives from the same manufacturer?
    • Have you attempted to restart the computer that could not read the external drive and also try to connect the external drive to a different port on the computer after testing the external drive on another computer?
    • Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 19, 2018
  3. Quirky behaviour with external HDD

Since you have already checked Device Manager and did not see any errors, we suggest that you manually uninstall the device drivers for your external drives. Doing this will allow the system to install the driver for your external drive automatically and
    correct any error. You can follow the steps below to uninstall the device driver:

• Search for Device Manager via Cortana and hit the
      Enter key.
    • Go to View, and click Show hidden icons.
    • On the Device Manager, check under Universal Serial Bus Controllers (if the drive is connected via USB). The drive should appear as a USB Mass Storage Device.
    • Uninstall the USB Mass Storage Device listed in the Device Manager.
    • Restart your PC.
    • After restarting, allow the default USB Mass Storage Device drivers to be automatically downloaded by windows. Make sure that you are connected to the internet for this process to push through.
    • Reinstall all other drivers from the support website of your External drive.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 19, 2018
  4. Quirky graphics behaviour

Have you tried updating your Intel chipset?

indianacarnie, Feb 19, 2018
Thema:

Quirky graphics behaviour

1. Quirky graphics behaviour - Similar Threads - Quirky graphics behaviour

2. ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME: I love using ROBOCOPY to perform my file backups but just after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME occurs it appears to no longer perform a DIFFERENTIAL backup. Instead, ROBOCOPY starts copying as if it were the very first time. I know there is a 'DST' optional flag available but when...
  3. SSD with Windows 10 installed acting quirky

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD with Windows 10 installed acting quirky: Recently, while I left my pc on and went to go do something else, I came back to my pc noting that it had frozen in the motherboard "AsRock" screen. I turned it off, turned it back on and was met with a Windows Blue Screen, the last one I would receive from that SSD. This SSD...
  4. Windows 11 can get a bit quirky at night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can get a bit quirky at night: After having my computer boot up normally from 10 to 11 a while ago, I now restarted my computer and it booted up on a different desktop than usual. I found the root of that issue, being that windows used my Microsoft account instead of the local account that's been there...
  5. Strange graphics card behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange graphics card behaviour: I recently changed my case and since then I have been having issues with my graphics card...specifically that after the bios boot screen I get a 'No signal' message on my TV. I have an RTX 2070 Super. I tried uninstalling the drivers and then I could boot into windows on...
  6. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  7. Unintended behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unintended behaviour: [ATTACH]Look Down. Also... ANOTHER ERROR![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unintended-behaviour/7de024f8-fd37-4afe-a4dd-293965640144
  8. Weird behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird behaviour: Hi, I have backupped a good working system, installed with everything I'm used to work with (a win pro 64 install from usb stick wich works),..I did this because I knew updating windows to its latest version would give me problems...and yes today I have tried again for the...
  9. Quirky happenings - Explorer Edge

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Quirky happenings - Explorer Edge: Trying to figure out why these some weird happenings occur and how to remedy them (1) Unexpectedly I find all open windows flashing for 5 to 10 seconds! and I cannot use the computer. (Win 10 Pro 32 bit) (2) After opening Edge and I move the cursor to favourites or some...
  10. Odd behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd behaviour.: I use Windows 10 and I have recently had the most annoying behaviour start happening. Out of nowhere it just started randomly opening the start menu, task manager and auto-clicking the button that initiates scroll with my trackpad. It does it randomly and gets right in my...