Windows 10: Quit Insider Program and get 2004 official release

Discus and support Quit Insider Program and get 2004 official release in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have switched to Windows Insider for a couple of weeks because I wanted to use WSL2 in my workflow. Now, after 2004 release that has WSL2 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rezaavoor, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Rezaavoor Win User

Quit Insider Program and get 2004 official release

Hi,

I have switched to Windows Insider for a couple of weeks because I wanted to use WSL2 in my workflow. Now, after 2004 release that has WSL2 with it by default, I want to remove myself from the Insider program.

I have already unlinked myself in Windows Insider Programme Settings and I have unregistered my account in Insider website. However in Windows Update Settings it says "my device is setup to get insider preview builds" and there is no other option I can choose. I checked for updates and it says I'm at latest version.

In my desktop it still shows that I'm an insider. it shows "Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 195992.rs_prerelease.200321-1719"

All I wanted was WSL2 and I'm really tired of constantly getting updates. Please help me.

Thanks!

:)

Rezaavoor, Apr 24, 2020

2. window insider program

I had been download window 10 2004 and install for testing using window insider program. What should I do if the official update is released

KittiChaisriswatsuk, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Madness7 Win User
    Windows insider program is now at 1703 - the official release - but I still can't opt out of it!

We are supposed to be able to opt out of the Windows Insider Preview builds when the Insider build matches the release build. My computer is now at 1703 - the official release updated yesterday - but I am still unable to opt out of the Insider program.
    I get the message "it looks like you're on a prerelease build, so we have a few options available to stop getting new content." Those options of course suck. How do I make my computer recognize that 1703 is an official release and allow me to opt out of the
    Insider Preview program?

Madness7, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Quit Insider Program and get 2004 official release

Windows insider program is now at 1703 - the official release - but I still can't opt out of it!

What I did was change the tempo to Release Preview.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Insider Program > click in the list box then choose Release Preview.

Did this on two computers previously in the Insider Program and they did not update to Redstone 3 but instead downloaded the latest cumulative updates for 1703, 15063.138.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Quit Insider Program and get 2004 official release

1. Quit Insider Program and get 2004 official release - Similar Threads - Quit Insider Program

2. How do i leave the Insider Program and install the official release of Windows on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i leave the Insider Program and install the official release of Windows on my...: I've been using the Insider Program for a few years and got a Surface Pro 8 which I now intend to use as a main device.BUT I CAN NOT SWITCH FROM THE DEV CHANNEL WHATSOEVER.It causes really annoying audio bugs but different then on my desktop-pc all options regarding my...
  3. How do i leave the Insider Program and install the official release of Windows on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i leave the Insider Program and install the official release of Windows on my...: I've been using the Insider Program for a few years and got a Surface Pro 8 which I now intend to use as a main device.BUT I CAN NOT SWITCH FROM THE DEV CHANNEL WHATSOEVER.It causes really annoying audio bugs but different then on my desktop-pc all options regarding my...
  4. About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel: Would it be safe to join Release Preview Channel and install from there Windows 11? Or would it be a big risk and it would be recommended to stay on the normal versions and not join the Release Preview Channel and wait for the normal upgrade to come? I need an advice if it...
  5. Insider Program Preview Release Level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insider Program Preview Release Level: Does the Preview Release level allow for any feedback / error reporting or is it simply a preview of the finished product that's already cast in stone? My reason for asking is that I seem to be looking for a level that would fall between the Beta level which arrives too...
  6. unable to update Windows Insider Program Preview release

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to update Windows Insider Program Preview release: Hi, unable to update Windows Insider Program Preview release as its a Windows 10 Professional for Workstations Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 20161.rs_prerelease.200627-1754 shows intimation to upgrade before 31/07/2020 but unable to do so , tried taking help from...
  7. Does 2004 have a official release date?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does 2004 have a official release date?: Does 2004 have a official release date? submitted by /u/ItsCrimsonTV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/godeoi/does_2004_have_a_official_release_date/
  8. Edge quit working on Windows Insider Program

in Browsers and Email
    Edge quit working on Windows Insider Program: I've been running Windows Insider Program for awhile without issues until now. Windows 10 Insider Preview was recently updated (10.0.17763.1) & Edge has quit working. Although I use Chrome as my default, Edge is used by Cortana when searching. Not sure how to...
  9. is this official Insider email address?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is this official Insider email address?: Hi, I just got an email from this "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" because I signed up for it some time ago, but is this official address? or should I block it?...
  10. Buggy official releases

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Buggy official releases: I wonder sometimes. If MS go so through such rigorous insider testing, and their own testing and debugging... do we still get official releases with so many bugs? Surely issues should be ironed out before public release? I know they put an artificial time restraint on new...