Windows 10: Quite weird this one

Discus and support Quite weird this one in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys I use w10 and Open Office and have been doing so for years, and this includes spreadsheets which once completed, I usually save to desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frenchman96, May 22, 2020.

1. Quite weird this one

Hi Guys

I use w10 and Open Office and have been doing so for years, and this includes spreadsheets which once completed, I usually save to desktop.

Today for some reason, I created a new spreadsheet/file/save as/named it/save to desktop but it does not arrive there.

I then have to do start, search and it shows, but the icon does not arrive on desktop.

:)

frenchman96, May 22, 2020

2. Weird : PC suite applications panel not working !

Hi,

Quite weird....

Does this happen only when phone is connected?

Could you list all applications which are not start via panel?

miksu---01, May 22, 2020
  3. Bansaku Win User
    Weird Overclock

This is not weird in any way. 1600MHz idle is normal for i7 3770K, it's called Speed Step. The CPU will not stay at the max turbo speed or over clock unless under load.

Bansaku, May 22, 2020
  4. Quite weird this one

Weird Noise after Anniversary Update

Hello John,

Let’s check what is causing that weird sound on your laptop.

Based on the link that you had provided, it seems that it’s either your CPU fan or Hard drive which is creating that sound.

If it’s the CPU fan, it might be an issue due to heavy processing, processor heating up or changes made during the update. If it’s your Hard drive, the issue might be with HDD performance. We suggest you to back up all your data to your external drive
    to prevent data loss.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

Step 1: Check your Task Manager

Close all applications and check in task manager for any high usage of resources by any process.

• Press Ctrl + Shift+ Esc together to open task manager.
    • Click on more details and check for any apps that is taking more resources.
    • Take note of any Applications that are taking High CPU usages and try to disable it if it’s not that important.
    Step 2: Start your computer in Safe Mode

Safe mode will start computer with basic drivers to check what might be causing the issue in normal functioning of computer. Check if the weird sounds are still happening.

Start computer in Safe Mode

Step 3: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter

• Press Windows + W, and type troubleshooting.
    • From the search list, click on troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane click on view all to get the list.
    • Click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
    Hardware and device troubleshooter is an inbuilt troubleshooter that will find the issues with hardware devices and try to fix them automatically.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Quite weird this one

1. Quite weird this one - Similar Threads - Quite weird

2. My pc crashes without reason after i quit a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc crashes without reason after i quit a game: Hello, My pc has been restarting everytime i play a game for the first time on the day and just after i log out of the game it crashes, not showing any blue screen and then restarting. This only happens only on the first time of the day, even for games that do not consume any...
  3. My pc crashes without reason after i quit a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crashes without reason after i quit a game: Hello, My pc has been restarting everytime i play a game for the first time on the day and just after i log out of the game it crashes, not showing any blue screen and then restarting. This only happens only on the first time of the day, even for games that do not consume any...
  4. My pc crashes without reason after i quit a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC got BSODs quite often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC got BSODs quite often: I've done memtest and it shows no error, and I really dont know what to do. Any help would be appreciated!Below are my bugcheck analysis:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 4e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie: calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list,...
  6. My PC got BSODs quite often

My PC got BSODs quite often: I've done memtest and it shows no error, and I really dont know what to do. Any help would be appreciated!Below are my bugcheck analysis:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 4e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie: calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list,...
  7. My PC got BSODs quite often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Quitting OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quitting OneDrive: In the OneDrive tab on my pc, there is an option to pause or quit OneDrive. I want to choose the quit option. If I quit OneDrive, would those data and files be deleted from my pc's C drive?...
  9. My windows 11 is quite weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 is quite weird: So I installed Windows 11 a few days ago, and today I turned it on, the taskbar looks exactly like Windows 10, while it is still Windows 11, the round corner is still there, but the taskbar change! If anyone got an answer please tell me, also I can't open the start menu....
  10. My windows 11 is quite weird

My windows 11 is quite weird: So I installed Windows 11 a few days ago, and today I turned it on, the taskbar looks exactly like Windows 10, while it is still Windows 11, the round corner is still there, but the taskbar change! If anyone got an answer please tell me, also I can't open the start menu....