Windows 10: Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD

Discus and support Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a computer not this one, a HP 420 workstation that will run for a few minutes to a few hours. Then it will basically lock up. The mouse will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jan Philips, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD

I have a computer not this one, a HP 420 workstation that will run for a few minutes to a few hours. Then it will basically lock up. The mouse will still move, and I can click on icons. However, when I click on an icon, the blue circle spins, but nothing ever happens. The keyboard doesn't work not even ctrl-alt-delete and even the power switch doesn't work,

Sometimes it gives a BSOD with the stopcode "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". I looked that up and found this:

https://www.pcgamer.com/kmode-exception-not-handled-error-what-it-is-and-how-to-fix-it/

I tried those possible fixes updated drivers, turn off Fast Startuo, all Windows updates, flash the BIOS, etc. For instance, I had been suspecting a RAM problem but I've tried it with three different sets of RAM, but it happened with all of them. I even sprayed contact cleaner in the RAM sockets - it didn't fix the problem.

I've tried everything I can think of except swap the CPU, and I plan to try that in a couple of days.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this problem?

:)

Jan Philips, Sep 15, 2020

2. usb mouse not responding

Hi Lance,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your mouse and headphone not to work. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your computer. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your mouse and headphones working on another computer?

We suggest that you visit the links below for troubleshooting steps for your mouse and headphones.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Sep 15, 2020
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD

Mouse quit working

Hi Belinda,

Some possible reasons why a mouse would stop working could be an outdated driver, incompatibility of your device with your computer, or hardware issue. Kindly verify the following to help us isolate the cause of your concern.

• Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.) While it's likely
      you already have the most recent driver for your mouse after a Windows 10 update, if you're having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating its driver or reinstalling it. Here's how:
    • Select the Start button
    • Type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• Have you tried connecting a different mouse to your computer? Same issue?
    • What about when you connect that problem mouse to a different computer?
    • Have you done the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter? If not, we suggest you do by following the steps below:

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on

Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All

on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next

and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

• What is the make and model of your mouse?
    • Is the issue the same when you're using a different Internet browser?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Joanna 777, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD

1. Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD - Similar Threads - Quits responding except

2. Mouse is moving by itself and is unresponsive: but only in some circumstances

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse is moving by itself and is unresponsive: but only in some circumstances: My mouse cursor has started moving by itself and becomes barely responsive when I sign on to my son's local account. This is happening on my home PC Windows 10. The circumstances surrounding the issue are very weird however. For some specifics:this is not a mouse issue, as it...
  3. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  4. Mouse quits working

Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  5. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Apps not responding properly and wireless mouse is not sticking and not moving properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not responding properly and wireless mouse is not sticking and not moving properly.: Hi This morning I started my computer and a pop up came on about an error. The system asked me to click to continue. It checked the system and said that everything was OK. I tried running an app I used yesterday but it was not responding like it should. My mouse was slow and...
  7. Apps not responding properly and wireless mouse is not sticking and not moving properly.

Apps not responding properly and wireless mouse is not sticking and not moving properly.: Hi This morning I started my computer and a pop up came on about an error. The system asked me to click to continue. It checked the system and said that everything was OK. I tried running an app I used yesterday but it was not responding like it should. My mouse was slow and...
  8. Mouse not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not responding: Hi there,New troubles, remote mouse not responding on notebook. Initially I thought a duff battery but no it wasn´t that one. Running Win10 maintenance which is really pretty useless gave no indication came up with nothing. Update didn´t find anything. So what is it ?...
  9. Mouse not responding

Mouse not responding: Hi there,New troubles, remote mouse not responding on notebook. Initially I thought a duff battery but no it wasn´t that one. Running Win10 maintenance which is really pretty useless gave no indication came up with nothing. Update didn´t find anything. So what is it ?...
  10. Mouse not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware