Windows 10: Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD

Discus and support Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a computer not this one, a HP 420 workstation that will run for a few minutes to a few hours. Then it will basically lock up. The mouse will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jan Philips, Sep 15, 2020 at 11:42 PM.

1. Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD

I have a computer not this one, a HP 420 workstation that will run for a few minutes to a few hours. Then it will basically lock up. The mouse will still move, and I can click on icons. However, when I click on an icon, the blue circle spins, but nothing ever happens. The keyboard doesn't work not even ctrl-alt-delete and even the power switch doesn't work,

Sometimes it gives a BSOD with the stopcode "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". I looked that up and found this:

https://www.pcgamer.com/kmode-exception-not-handled-error-what-it-is-and-how-to-fix-it/

I tried those possible fixes updated drivers, turn off Fast Startuo, all Windows updates, flash the BIOS, etc. For instance, I had been suspecting a RAM problem but I've tried it with three different sets of RAM, but it happened with all of them. I even sprayed contact cleaner in the RAM sockets - it didn't fix the problem.

I've tried everything I can think of except swap the CPU, and I plan to try that in a couple of days.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this problem?

:)

2. usb mouse not responding

Hi Lance,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your mouse and headphone not to work. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your computer. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your mouse and headphones working on another computer?

We suggest that you visit the links below for troubleshooting steps for your mouse and headphones.

Looking forward to your reply.

3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

4. Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD

Mouse quit working

Hi Belinda,

Some possible reasons why a mouse would stop working could be an outdated driver, incompatibility of your device with your computer, or hardware issue. Kindly verify the following to help us isolate the cause of your concern.

• Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.) While it's likely
      you already have the most recent driver for your mouse after a Windows 10 update, if you're having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating its driver or reinstalling it. Here's how:
    • Select the Start button
    • Type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• Have you tried connecting a different mouse to your computer? Same issue?
    • What about when you connect that problem mouse to a different computer?
    • Have you done the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter? If not, we suggest you do by following the steps below:

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on

Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All

on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next

and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

• What is the make and model of your mouse?
    • Is the issue the same when you're using a different Internet browser?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Thema:

Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD

1. Quits responding except mouse moves, some BSOD - Similar Threads - Quits responding except

2. PS2 Mouse Quit -- How to Troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS2 Mouse Quit -- How to Troubleshoot: 7/18/2020 AM mouse worked fine. System down several hours and activated again 7/18/2020 PM and mouse NOT recognized, but mouse laser (light) active. Swapped out this mouse with 2nd PS2 mouse and still does NOT work. Put on 1st mouse using a PS2 to USB convertor - Mouse WORKS...
  3. Wireless Rechargeable Mouse Not Responding

Wireless Rechargeable Mouse Not Responding: My wireless rechargeable mouse suddenly stops working after a few minutes. Not even a single button respond, how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-rechargeable-mouse-not-responding/bd8cc70b-c049-43ff-8bd9-9a9357ebead9
  4. Apps not responding to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not responding to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  5. Media Player quit ripping some CD’s.

Media Player quit ripping some CD’s.: Windows Media Player quit ripping certain CD’s. I think this began with a Software update. One day it worked, the next day it didn’t. No changes were made by me. I have tried the suggestions in the forum for a fix by changing settings etc. to no avail. Microsoft needs to...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

Keyboard and Mouse won't respond: after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into...
  7. Mouse clicks not responding

Mouse clicks not responding: Today, I opened the computer. On the lock screen, everything worked as normal, but once it started, no mouse clicks would respond. If I hover over something in the taskbar, it lights up as it should, but clicking on anything does nothing. If I use the touchscreen, the clicks...
  8. Moving mouse .

Moving mouse .: Moving mouse from one window to another automatically opens the other window without clicking on it. How do I stop this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-mouse/3dbb97cb-9ab4-4921-8cf5-234a2e88ece5
  9. Windows 10 bsod when moving mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 bsod when moving mouse cursor: I just updated my pc last night where it had to restart several times, now when I sign in, and move the cursor, my pc instantly blue screens with this error. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA What failed: win32kbase.sys Please help me with this ASAP! Never had a problem...
  10. Windows not responding, BSOD and some other freezing problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not responding, BSOD and some other freezing problems: Hello everyone! *Smile I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 about a month ago, and the version seems to be 1511. I didn't do a clean install. At first I didn't notice much problems, but then I started getting freezes and blue screens. I use my computer almost all day...