Windows 10: Quixxxx.tmp directories on root

Discus and support Quixxxx.tmp directories on root in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have all these directories starting with Qui...tmp on one of my laptops. about 20-30 of them, all empty. I get nothing via google. Anyone ever seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Janning, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Janning Win User

Quixxxx.tmp directories on root

I have all these directories starting with Qui...tmp on one of my laptops. about 20-30 of them, all empty.
    I get nothing via google. Anyone ever seen this?

:)

Janning, Oct 17, 2016

2. N73 tomtom maps

When you say you put the 29 map files in the root directory of your SD card, do you mean they were visible as separate files in the root or are they all in a directory (off the root) named Western_Europe-Map or some such name as they should be? The name
    of the directory is critical and so is the use of - and _.

Hope this helps.

kenbruce---01, Oct 17, 2016
  3. WP8 MTP bug?

I have a Windows Phone 8X by hTC. My notebook OS is Windows 8.

WP8 supports MTP (Media Transfter Protocal), such that user can use Windows 8 File Explorer to copy file to the phone.

For example, if copy .png file to phone root directory by File Explorer,

the .png file will be automatically moved to the path (root)\Phone\Pictures.

If copy .mp3 file to root directory, the .mp3 file will be automatically moved to the path (root)\Phone\Music.

If copy a .docx file to root directory, the .docx file will be automatically moved to (root)\Phone, not (root)\Phone\Documents.

Unfortunately, WP8's Office can only see documents in the path (root)\Phone\Documents, not (root)\Phone.

Is this a WP8 MTP bug?

If it is, please fix it, Microsoft.

Meng-Yuan Huang, Oct 17, 2016
  4. gpstoloff Win User

By any chance, are you running Quicken (any version)?

gpstoloff, Oct 17, 2016
  5. Janning Win User
    YES...he is running Quicken. I should be more honest, this is my next door Neighbors laptop, I support for him. He's mentioned Quicken many many times. I haven't used it in 20 years. I suspect these dir are harmless.

Janning, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Quixxxx.tmp directories on root - Similar Threads - Quixxxx tmp directories

2. Desktop seems to have become the root directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop seems to have become the root directory: Hello,My desktop seems to have become the root directory. It is now contains all the files on my computer and displays un-openable icons of data files. My account name or whatever it is called is now a sub-directory of Desktop. A total mess.I have attached screen shots of the...
  3. Azure VM with 50GB root directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Azure VM with 50GB root directory: Hi,I want to spin up a Ubuntu/Centos/RHEL VM having 50GB for root directory.I tried with Standard_D8s_V3 and Standard_D4ads_v5, but no luck.Can anyone suggestRegards,Jessie...
  4. Azure VM with 50GB root directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VM with 50GB root directory: Hi,I want to spin up a Ubuntu/Centos/RHEL VM having 50GB for root directory.I tried with Standard_D8s_V3 and Standard_D4ads_v5, but no luck.Can anyone suggestRegards,Jessie...
  5. Azure VM with 50GB root directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. User folder in the C: root directory

User folder in the C: root directory: I have 8 folders in my User folder. Each folder contains from two to 29 items. Can I copy each of the seven smaller folders into the largest folder and then delete the seven smaller folders?...
  7. Directory Write Test tmp files created

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory Write Test tmp files created: Every once in a while, empty "Directory Write Test (...).tmp" files are added under "C:". Like "Directory Write Test (6008).tmp", "Directory Write Test (12880).tmp", ... It never stops. Googling tmp and "Directory Write Test", I don't find any clue. What could that be ?...
  8. Persistent generation of Found.xxx files in root directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Persistent generation of Found.xxx files in root directory: Winver 1903 Hi, I have a relatively new computer system with a Crucial MX500 SSD (1 TB) The problem that I am having is that folders that are named Found.xxx (where xxx is numerically sequenced) and are constantly created in the root drive of C The folders are always...
  9. Sharing root directory on Windows 10

Sharing root directory on Windows 10: I am having issue with sharing a root directory so we can run programs on one system. I have turn on File Sharing Network discovery Turn off password protected added a share for the root directory I can see the share but I cannot access it. the error is You Do not have...
  10. Can't save file in C:\ root directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save file in C:\ root directory: I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone....