Windows 10: Quora quandry

Discus and support Quora quandry in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am somewhat addicted to Quora, I wish I was not, I waste too much time on it, but now I am being deprived of it by a peculiar glitch. When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Jul 31, 2021.

1. clayto Win User

Quora quandry

I am somewhat addicted to Quora, I wish I was not, I waste too much time on it, but now I am being deprived of it by a peculiar glitch. When I try to read a posting and the answers / comments on it, the webpage gets stuck and only lets me read the first few lines. This may be related to the fact that I cannot sign in either, perhaps if I could it would let me proceed. But clicking the sign in button has no effect. I have of course tried signing out, restarting the PC etc many times.

:)

clayto, Jul 31, 2021
  2. SamR0528 Win User

When using Quora (Win10 MS Edge) using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to cut and paste into a reply or comment results in the display of the HTML assciated with the text. How do I get just text?

Using Web app Quora with WIn10 and MS Edge

When I use CTRL+C to cut text from any website and then use CTRL+V to insert it into my Quora reply/comment the associated HTML is also displayed.

The only way I can work around this is to

• Paste the cut into Notepad (CTRL+V)
    • Recopy it (CTRL+C)
    • Paste the new snippet into Quora (CTRL+V)
    It appears from interaction with others on Quora that this is a MS Edge problem and the suggestion is I use Chrome instead.

I would prefer to use MS Edge

Any solution?

BTW It is a sad comment that the Category list below does not include MS Edge but only refers to Internet Explorer...

SamR0528, Jul 31, 2021
  3. SSN651 Win User
    Prevent Students Using Quora

I am attempting to prevent my students from using Quora. Either by registry setting or Google Chrome settings.

Students need to use GMail for school communications, and it seems Quora Digest is showing in the Social category.

When the link is activated for the Quora, the address bar changes...
    Code:
    To:
    Code:
    I want to really set a BLACKLIST item for this, but don't understand how to trap Quora.

Thankx!

SSN651, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Jacee Win User

Quora quandry

Jacee, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Quora quandry

1. Quora quandry - Similar Threads - Quora quandry

2. Recover lost files on Windows 10 Quandry

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover lost files on Windows 10 Quandry: In moving a batch of files from one sub-directory to another I lost the contents of folder. Not sure how I did that: I cannot replicate what I did. I did not have the cluster backed up: none of the files appear in the Recycle Bin The files were in a folder"...
  3. Prevent Students Using Quora

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Students Using Quora: I am attempting to prevent my students from using Quora. Either by registry setting or Google Chrome settings. Students need to use GMail for school communications, and it seems Quora Digest is showing in the Social category. When the link is activated for the Quora, the...
  4. nikon nef files quandry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    nikon nef files quandry: Hi All Have i got a problem or what?? i downloaded 429 nef filesnikon photos to a directory on my desktop a few weeks ago. I had a look at the directory a couple of days ago and i noticed the files were now a graphic of 2 mountains and a moon in the right corner and 2...