Windows 10: "Emoji" menu instead of spellcheck comes up when spell checking??

Discus and support "Emoji" menu instead of spellcheck comes up when spell checking?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Hi, This is fairly recent and maybe the worst anti productivity "feature" have ever encountered. So I have spent 2 hours so far trying to solve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by darp, May 9, 2020.

1. darp Win User

"Emoji" menu instead of spellcheck comes up when spell checking??

"Emoji" menu instead of spellcheck comes up when spell checking?? [​IMG]

Hi, This is fairly recent and maybe the worst anti productivity "feature" have ever encountered. So I have spent 2 hours so far trying to solve it. It appears to be a feature that people hate yet have not found a way to turn it off. The screen cap shows that when try to correct a misspelled word in Outlook, or websites like this, maybe everywhere an "emoji" menu comes up. Maybe 1 week this has been going on. It is about 75% emoji menu and 25% correct list of spelling comes up when I click on misspelled word.

I do not use emojis at all. How can I kill this terrible waste of time? Can not find the link now, but a Chrome support link had like 50 irate people vote to get rid of it and Chrome shut down discussion on it, and indicated it is mandatory.

Help please.

Ah opened outlook in IE and sure enough speller works right in IE, so it is Chrome. Any way to fix Chrome on this?

- - - Updated - - -

chrome://flags/#enable-emoji-context-menu Is supposed to have line it for emoji option, but there is no emoji option on that very long list.

:)

darp, May 9, 2020

2. Spell checker has just stopped working and when i check IE add ons there is no listing of spellchecker.

Original Title - IE11 and spell checker

spell checker has just stopped working and when i check IE add ons there is no listing of spellchecker. why is this and how do i get one.

DavidMonkhouse, May 9, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows 10 spell check menu position

Dictionary file corruption is one of the possible reasons you're having challenges with spell checker. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you clear Spell Checking Dictionary on your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, type %AppData%\Microsoft\Spelling into the address bar, and press
      Enter.
    • Open the folder for a language you want to customize (ex: en-US).
    • You can now clear the dic file.
    • When done, hit File in Notepad, click Save.
    After performing the steps above, let us know the results.

Dyan Rey, May 9, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Spell Check

Hi A.W.

What programs on your PC is that Spellcheck not working in?

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Devices - Typing

On that page, in 2 different places, you need to check if Spell checking is turned on . . .

DaveM121, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. "Emoji" menu instead of spellcheck comes up when spell checking?? - Similar Threads - &quot Emoji&quot menu

2. Getting « when using smart quotes in Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting « when using smart quotes in Word: Hi,I get « when I type in " using smart quotes in Word, but when smart quotes are off, or I'm using a different program, it's fine. How do I fix this?Please help.Regards,Al...
  3. Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10: This problem has been reported many times with previous versions of Windows - and the fix has always been to change the keyboard from US International to US Standard. Brief description of the problem for those not familiar: Pressing a quote - or double quote - does not...
  4. "App & browser control" is Off warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "App & browser control" is Off warning: Yesterday I upgraded to v2004 on both my desktop PC and my DELL laptop. In both cases things seemed to go well but I now see a "Windows Security" warning that was not there in the previous version v1909. See picture: - [img] If it was important I reckon Microsoft should...
  5. How to restore a "false positive" trojan file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to restore a "false positive" trojan file?: Hello. I have a file that windows defender sees as a thread, it thinks it is a trojan. It has the file in quarantine, and I have a choise to either Restore or Delete it. I know for sure that the file is NOT a trojan, but I can't get Defender to restore it. I have disabled...
  6. How to "quote reply" or "block quote" in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to "quote reply" or "block quote" in Windows 10 Mail app: I'm looking for a feature like the one described here for the gmail app: https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/50276/how-to-quote-several-parts-of-email-in-gmail. This is especially helpful in the context of addressing multiple questions in a reply email....
  7. Change taskbar icon colors when using "full" transparency software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change taskbar icon colors when using "full" transparency software?: Hi everyone! I was looking through the forums and couldn't find anything that addressed this specifically. As you can see in the screenshot below I'm on ver 1909 and I use FalconX taskbar. [img] It can be pretty difficult to see the icons when a lighter background is...
  8. Quotes in WIndows 10

Quotes in WIndows 10: The problem: when I hit the quote key nothing happens unless I hit it again, then I get two quotes. If I hit quote once and then a vowel, I get an umlaut. This happens in a bunch of different programs including Word, Thunderbird (email), and R Studio. I read previous...
  9. Cannot deactivate autocorrection quotes --> smart quotes

Cannot deactivate autocorrection quotes --> smart quotes: Hello, How to deactivate autocorrection of quotes --> smart quotes in program "Mail" ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-deactivate-autocorrection-quotes-smart/931c0d84-8a8b-4807-80b9-842b05b8f6eb
  10. Add or Remove EFS "File ownership" Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove EFS "File ownership" Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove EFS "File ownership" Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove EFS "File ownership" Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files and folders...