Windows 10: "Your Phone" won't connect to phone after motherboard replacement

Discus and support "Your Phone" won't connect to phone after motherboard replacement in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had the Your Phone app running for the last few months on my Windows 10 Pro PC, connecting to my LG V20 phone (Android v8). Last week my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by itm, Feb 15, 2020.

1. ITM
    itm Win User

"Your Phone" won't connect to phone after motherboard replacement

I've had the Your Phone app running for the last few months on my Windows 10 Pro PC, connecting to my LG V20 phone (Android v8). Last week my motherboard failed, so I replaced it and restored my Windows setup to a new SSD while I was at it.
    Now the Your Phone app won't connect to my phone - it says: "We can't connect to your phone. Make sure that your PC and phone are connected to the internet".
    The name of my phone (V20) is still displayed in the top left corner of the app Window. Both PC and phone are connected to the internet (via the same router). I have tried:
    - Uninstalling and re-installing the Android app (and re-adding the necessary app permissions)
    - Resetting the Your Phone PC app
    The Android app says "Check your PC", and tells me to select "Send notification", but that option isn't available anywhere in the PC app that I can see.
    Can anyone advise on how I can get re-connected to my phone?

- - - Updated - - -

...one step forward...one step back...after another re-installation of the Android app I was able to get as far as sending a notification from the PC app, and selected "Allow" when the notification came up on the phone. Now the phone says "Your phone and PC are linked", but the PC app still says "We can't connect to your phone"
    ????

:)

2. rk3066 Win User

Do Companies just replace ones phone or...

If one has a problem with ones phone, does a company just replace a phone or go through the Key=Steps of trying to Fix it? As for me with a small fee [Depending on the issue] I'd Remove any software/App. causing ones issue or just simply back-up the Data/Restore

I've noticed Companies now'N'days just simply replace the phone which to me and others is wrong to a certain degree...

rk3066, Feb 15, 2020
  3. PC Windows 10 Bluetooth won't connect with Pixel 3XL phone

I have a Lenovo Yoga C930 PC (Win 10) that I cannot connect to my Pixel 3XL phone. I can get them to pair, but the PC bluetooth will only hold the connection for about 1 second, then says 'not connected'.

I have removed the PC from the phone's list of previously connected devices & then re-paired-numerous times. I have shut down & re-started both devices numerous times. None of these actions have worked. I am praying that one of you smart readers can help me solve this highly frustrating problem, pretty please?

BTW, I recently ran the upgrade on my phone from android 9 to 10. Could this be the problem? I see other changes on my phone that I think add steps & make it more cumbersome to use. Wish I could dump android 10 & go back to 9, but don't know how to do that either. If that is not the cause of this connection problem with the PC, I can live with it.

I would appreciate all advice. Please know that I am a 60-something year old- more knowledgeable than a basic user, but not super well versed in all of the software & hardware fixes that many of you know, so please write your suggestions/solutions accordingly. Many thanks in advance "Your Phone" won't connect to phone after motherboard replacement :)

Wildflowerz , Feb 15, 2020
  4. rk3066 Win User

Phones and their Thinness....

Yep Indeed. Look at THIS Phone. With a 7060mah Battery! Though the Cameras are not great but that Battery Life

Just Note before buying... Phones from China only work with AT&T, T-Mobile, and Others except Verizon and Sprint

rk3066, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. "Your Phone" won't connect to phone after motherboard replacement - Similar Threads - &quot Phone&quot won't

2. Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10: This problem has been reported many times with previous versions of Windows - and the fix has always been to change the keyboard from US International to US Standard. Brief description of the problem for those not familiar: Pressing a quote - or double quote - does not...
  3. "App & browser control" is Off warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "App & browser control" is Off warning: Yesterday I upgraded to v2004 on both my desktop PC and my DELL laptop. In both cases things seemed to go well but I now see a "Windows Security" warning that was not there in the previous version v1909. See picture: - [img] If it was important I reckon Microsoft should...
  4. How to restore a "false positive" trojan file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to restore a "false positive" trojan file?: Hello. I have a file that windows defender sees as a thread, it thinks it is a trojan. It has the file in quarantine, and I have a choise to either Restore or Delete it. I know for sure that the file is NOT a trojan, but I can't get Defender to restore it. I have disabled...
  5. How to "quote reply" or "block quote" in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to "quote reply" or "block quote" in Windows 10 Mail app: I'm looking for a feature like the one described here for the gmail app: https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/50276/how-to-quote-several-parts-of-email-in-gmail. This is especially helpful in the context of addressing multiple questions in a reply email....
  6. Word replacing curly quotes with straight ones not working

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word replacing curly quotes with straight ones not working: This is for Windows version 1909, and Word version 2002. My wife runs, as far as I can tell, the same build of Word as I do - 1257.20242. But the pretty basic Word process to replace curly quotes with smart ones isn't working on her machine and copy of office. That process...
  7. Your Phone App - Won't Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App - Won't Connect: All I'm getting from the app on the Windows side is, "Please install the app we texted you and sign in with my email address," yet I'm receiving no text. I just have a spinning wheel. The app comes pre-installed in my Note 10+, and so I've no idea how I'm supposed to sign...
  8. Quoting a memer in your reply

in Windows 10 Support
    Quoting a memer in your reply: If I want to quote a member I know how to do the basic quoting how does one include the persons name in the reply. An example would be says - then the quote 147708
  9. Quotes in WIndows 10

Quotes in WIndows 10: The problem: when I hit the quote key nothing happens unless I hit it again, then I get two quotes. If I hit quote once and then a vowel, I get an umlaut. This happens in a bunch of different programs including Word, Thunderbird (email), and R Studio. I read previous...
  10. Cannot deactivate autocorrection quotes --> smart quotes

Cannot deactivate autocorrection quotes --> smart quotes: Hello, How to deactivate autocorrection of quotes --> smart quotes in program "Mail" ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-deactivate-autocorrection-quotes-smart/931c0d84-8a8b-4807-80b9-842b05b8f6eb