Windows 10: quote mark and apostrophe vanished from keyboard access

Discus and support quote mark and apostrophe vanished from keyboard access in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I get my full keyboard access - quote mark and apostrophe have vanished from keyboard access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rema LouBrown, Apr 21, 2019.

1. quote mark and apostrophe vanished from keyboard access

How do I get my full keyboard access - quote mark and apostrophe have vanished from keyboard access

:)

Rema LouBrown, Apr 21, 2019
  2. bcstew Win User

Question mark and apostrophe disappears

For the last 6 weeks or so, not always but occasionally, in the middle of typing a message, the question mark and the apostrophe disappear and are replaced by an accented e or E. Has anyone else had this problem and how do I correct it.

bcstew, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Computer Keeps Typing Apostrophe's

So I am assuming the apostrophe problem does not occur when you disconnect your usb keyboard?

This does sound like a physical problem, so try your best to clean the apostrophe key especially, by pulling it off gently and clear under it by (preferably) using compressed air or a gentle vacum.

To login, disconnect the usb keyboard and type your password using the on-screen keyboard from "ease of access".

quote mark and apostrophe vanished from keyboard access [​IMG]

Credit: iSumsoft

ellellell1, Apr 21, 2019
  4. quote mark and apostrophe vanished from keyboard access

Computer Keeps Typing Apostrophe's

My laptop keyboard is completely non-functional. It completely unresponsive since that family memeber cleaned it with wrong spray, and it wasn't typing apostrophe's from the start. It was only a month after we replaced the keyboard that the apostrophe thing happened. I don't know if it can be fixed, And I don't think it's even the problem, but what kind of shop do you want me to go to to get it replaced, if that's what I need to do?

Masterofcards, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

quote mark and apostrophe vanished from keyboard access

1. quote mark and apostrophe vanished from keyboard access - Similar Threads - quote mark apostrophe

2. Cannot type apostrophe or question mark

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot type apostrophe or question mark: I cannot type a question mark, apostrophe or quotes on my keyboard: Instead I get É , È , è all e with accent on them.I have reset my computer, and the region and language and keyboard settings are all correct English, Canada How can I resolve this question markThank you...
  3. Cannot type apostrophe or question mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type apostrophe or question mark: I cannot type a question mark, apostrophe or quotes on my keyboard: Instead I get É , È , è all e with accent on them.I have reset my computer, and the region and language and keyboard settings are all correct English, Canada How can I resolve this question markThank you...
  4. Cannot type apostrophe or question mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange behaviour with apostrophe/quotation mark key on English US layout keyboard for...

Strange behaviour with apostrophe/quotation mark key on English US layout keyboard for...: Whenever I type either an apostrophe or quotation mark on this keyboard it's the same key I'm getting a strange result. Unlike with other keys, the mark doesn't appear until after I type the next character. I've looked in the Time & Language > Typing settings and turned off...
  6. Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?: I recently tried connecting my Win11 laptop to a WiFi network, but was having issues. I kept getting a "Cannot connect to this network" error, despite knowing the WiFi password. I had no problems connecting the same laptop when it was running Win10 e.g. same drivers &...
  7. Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?

Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?: I recently tried connecting my Win11 laptop to a WiFi network, but was having issues. I kept getting a "Cannot connect to this network" error, despite knowing the WiFi password. I had no problems connecting the same laptop when it was running Win10 e.g. same drivers &...
  8. Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...

Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...: When typing in Notion, instead of inputting regular quotation marks and apostrophes when the respective keys are pressed I get curly quotation marks and curly apostrophes insteadChanging the keyboard layout/language has not solved the problem, neither has using a different...
  9. keyboard issue with apostrophe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard issue with apostrophe: hi most keys on my keyboard work just fine, however, the only one that doesnt work is the apostrophe key. i have spent a lot of time trying to get it to work but nothing comes out when i press it, no matter how many times i press it. The thing is, this is not a keyboard...
  10. Keyboard lost apostophe and quote marks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard lost apostophe and quote marks: How can I restore keyboard function for apostrophe and quote marks? I have 64 bit Windows 10 and Dell laptop physical keyboard, not screen virtual. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-lost-apostophe-and-quote-marks/cb177af1-dabf-4296-8415-68deed2a1bbb