Windows 10: R.I.P., Windows Media Center

Discus and support R.I.P., Windows Media Center in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Media Center is dead.In a private meeting this week at the Build developers' conference in San Francisco, a Microsoft executive confirmed to me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, May 1, 2015.

1. z3r010 Win User

R.I.P., Windows Media Center

Read more:- R.I.P., Windows Media Center | ZDNet

:)

z3r010, May 1, 2015

2. I'm not upgrading to W10 because Media Center is gone. What now?

This is a peer-to-peer public volunteer-based worldwide web forum.

Windows Media Center is *not* an essential part of the operating system. It is an add-on that was included, much like the games, WordPad, etc; WMC is not necessary for the functional aspects of an operating system, the security of such, etc.

We now know why Windows Media Center is not in Windows 10

We now know why Windows Media Center is not in Windows 10

R.I.P., Windows Media Center | ZDNet

It cannot be 'unexpected', considering there was no real work done on it since 2009. R.I.P., Windows Media Center :)

Shenan Stanley, May 1, 2015
  3. daedalink Win User
    Connection to phone lost while updating to v21.0.016

Tried everything. It's dead. R.I.P.

Nokia care center it is.

daedalink, May 1, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

Not what I wanted to see *Mad

z3r010, May 1, 2015
  5. dmholt57 Win User
    The Xbox Music app is not my cup of tea, but I'm trying to get used to it... *Rolleyes

dmholt57, May 1, 2015
  6. strollin Win User
    I've always thought WMC was terrible anyway so I won't miss it.

strollin, May 1, 2015
  7. z3r010 Win User
    WMC is just about the best TV app I've ever used, it looks like I'll need to start looking at the alternatives again.

z3r010, May 1, 2015
  8. rvbfan Win User

Or just keep a system running 8.1 or 7

rvbfan, May 1, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    The only time I use Media Center these days is to stream stuff to my TV. While I can understand that this is not good news for some I can't see me begin affected by it.

Boozad, May 1, 2015
  10. echrada Win User
    Hmm drag you into the future, we will! *Smile

echrada, May 1, 2015
  11. pbcopter Win User
    Yes, a huge disappointment.

pbcopter, May 1, 2015
  12. Williams Win User
    8.1 will be supported by Microsoft for many years . The best solution for someone who don't want to lose WMC.

Williams, May 1, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Kodi is real good, being it's developed from A/V enthusiasts, and it has oodles of add-ons and skins.

Cliff S, May 1, 2015
  14. gzt7d8 Win User
    I'm not disappointed, I figured it was a matter of time. The add-on hadn't been refreshed in a long time. I actually like the Music app. It gives me everything that I wanted out of WMC.

RIP, you had a good life!

gzt7d8, May 1, 2015
  15. labeeman Win User
    I wonder if the telemetry is the same one they used for the start button and start menu on Windows 8.LOL

labeeman, May 2, 2015
Thema:

1. R.I.P., Windows Media Center - Similar Threads - Media Center

2. Where i can get windows 8 windows media center pack?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where i can get windows 8 windows media center pack?: ............. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-can-get-windows-8-windows-media-center/56e087dd-1490-4b79-8602-6986bc5aaa76
  3. Where i can get windows 8 windows media center pack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where i can get windows 8 windows media center pack?: ............. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-can-get-windows-8-windows-media-center/56e087dd-1490-4b79-8602-6986bc5aaa76
  4. Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: After a hardware failure I did a complete reinstall of the system. No backup was available. Now Media Center will not Activate and Playready will not update.. 8.1 support ended, but I need t return to functionality....
  5. Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: After a hardware failure I did a complete reinstall of the system. No backup was available. Now Media Center will not Activate and Playready will not update.. 8.1 support ended, but I need t return to functionality....
  6. How to install new microsoft media center to xbox 360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install new microsoft media center to xbox 360: How do i install or upgrade microsoft media center on xbox 360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-new-microsoft-media-center-to-xbox/b99d6906-1118-435c-ac74-78dffd9efa80
  7. How to install new microsoft media center to xbox 360

How to install new microsoft media center to xbox 360: How do i install or upgrade microsoft media center on xbox 360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-new-microsoft-media-center-to-xbox/b99d6906-1118-435c-ac74-78dffd9efa80
  8. Getting error could't connect to the device. Try recconecting trough media center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error could't connect to the device. Try recconecting trough media center: So im trying to connect my laptop Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0 to a samsung tv to share a screen wirreless. So my network to the laptop comes from my phone's mobile data laptop has wifi 5ghz the tv doest support that freq so i share the network from my laptop to the tv at 2.4Ghz so...
  9. Getting error could't connect to the device. Try recconecting trough media center

Getting error could't connect to the device. Try recconecting trough media center: So im trying to connect my laptop Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0 to a samsung tv to share a screen wirreless. So my network to the laptop comes from my phone's mobile data laptop has wifi 5ghz the tv doest support that freq so i share the network from my laptop to the tv at 2.4Ghz so...
  10. WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER: WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/7ef9a367-cb07-4ff3-9807-5476cb2d7c78