Windows 10: RA Media Server on my laptop

Discus and support RA Media Server on my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning there's this RA Media Server on my laptop when i try to delete stuff it pop's up how do i delete it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by puleletsoko, Oct 9, 2019.

1. RA Media Server on my laptop

Good morning there's this RA Media Server on my laptop when i try to delete stuff it pop's up how do i delete it.

:)

puleletsoko, Oct 9, 2019

2. Media/File Server on the cheap

Hey guys,

My PC is currently filling up and i have 4 HDDs.

I use my PC as a media server as well as a gaming rig.

What I want/need to do is build an external enclosure/rig that is cheap money wise and effective as a file/media server that is DNLA compliant. It would be nice to be able to run my Usenet through it and control it via web interface and remote connect. I would use Linux if a step by step guide is available for setting up the DNLA server and such as well.

This is my first foray into this field of PCs. Help please! ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Oct 9, 2019
  3. media servers

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. Have you tried to manually disconnect the Media Servers from Windows Explorer?

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

We can try a few steps to manually disconnect the media servers from the list:

1. Press ‘Windows key + E’ on the keyboard to open ‘Windows Explorer.
    2. On the left hand side, click on ‘This PC’ to highlight.
    3. Select the ‘Media Server’.
    4. On top of the screen, on the ribbon, click on "Computer" tab.
    5. Click on ‘Access Media’ and then select the option ‘Disconnect from a media server’.

Further, request you to
    include a screenshot
    of that problem screen in your reply to guide you further.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 9, 2019
  4. RA Media Server on my laptop

Media/File Server on the cheap

Since I am not able to help too much with this(except I have to say I do like the case you have chosen), I leave you this video for inspiration[yt]TtWfTrY-Wug[/yt]
    ​bump ....to get this server going!

dank1983man420, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

RA Media Server on my laptop

1. RA Media Server on my laptop - Similar Threads - Media Server laptop

2. Cach thoát ra cái này

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cach thoát ra cái này: Cách thoát ra https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cach-tho%C3%A1t-ra-c%C3%A1i-n%C3%A0y/b66b7b58-2707-4d3b-9075-88a063e14d79
  3. Media server stops?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Media server stops?: I run the latest version of Windows 10 Professional. Media server is enabled, and works fine when the computer is active showing the desktop. Sleep, hibernation, and hybrid sleep are all set to never. The screen blaks after 10 minutes. Drives are set to never shut down. With...
  4. media server on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    media server on windows 10: Hi, I have pictures on a media server, I CANNOT access this server, or even find it, when I try to open the file for media server it says I do not have permission to access this file, how do I open this file? this is windows 10 media server. ANY help would be greatly...
  5. media servers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media servers: i have around 40 media servers showing, all are grayed out. How can I get rid of all these ghosts ? My media section on the netgear genie has been all unchecked and server name removed....
  6. Media Server Software

Media Server Software: Hello! I have been using my pc as a Media Server from my Sharp Smart Tv. However it is very hit and miss. Like this morning, first of all the TV couldn't see the pc as a server, then after a couple of minutes it could. Then it could see the directories but not the files, then...
  7. Emby Media Server

Emby Media Server: Hello! I have installed Emby Media Server as a try out. It's not for me, but how do I get rid of it. It doesn't show in "add or remove programs". I now want to give Plex another go, but I need to remove Emby. I used to use win10, but that now doesn't seem to work. Cheers,...
  8. Media Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Server: Hello! I have a Sharp Smart Tv that I used to stream my photos, music and videos to. However now when I try to access the "Media Server" from the tv, I get "No server Found". I have checked the tv and no updates have been performed. The pc which is running Win 10 Home,...
  9. Genie Media Server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Genie Media Server: Does anyone know the product code for Genie Media Server? I'm trying to uninstall it ... but it's not on my Programs and Features list. The Fixit utility asks me for the product number....
  10. RDP to Headless Media Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to Headless Media Server: Not sure which area of the forum to post this, and thought the networking was probably the most relevant. I've built a home media server using a little AMD 5350 on a mini ITX board. I installed Windows 10 on it this week as I couldn't get my head around Linux at all....