Windows 10: RADEON HD 4650 Card Not Supported For Win 10?

Discus and support RADEON HD 4650 Card Not Supported For Win 10? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; A DELL Optiplex MT 990 equipped with a RADEON HD 4650 Video Card seems to be unsupported by Windows 10 compatible drivers. (The reason for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by wlpeavy, Mar 26, 2019.

1. wlpeavy Win User

RADEON HD 4650 Card Not Supported For Win 10?

A DELL Optiplex MT 990 equipped with a RADEON HD 4650 Video Card seems to be unsupported by Windows 10 compatible drivers. (The reason for this configuration is obscure.)

The OS is Windows 10 Pro Version 1809, Build 17763.379.

The PC freezes occasionally -- for reasons that have not as yet been determined.
    Very thorough anti-malware scans have been performed and lots of junk removed, but still, an occasional freeze. Therefore, I'm thinking the video card/driver may be at fault.

I'm thinking that since the RADEON HD 4650 is no-longer supported by drivers from AMD, I should probably find a replacement (not from AMD?) for the video card that DOES have driver support for Windows 10. The current card has a VGA, a DVI, and what looks to be either a DP or HDMI port. The usage will be mostly general kinds of work with NO heavy graphics duties - user is NOT a graphic artist, and confines himself to spreadsheets, Word documents, Outlook email, and such like.

I'd appreciate recommendations for a suitable replacement.

:)

wlpeavy, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

AMD Radeon HD 3450

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As per the device manufacturer’s support site, the graphics card is not designed to support Windows 10, the drivers for ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphics card are available only up to Windows 8, you can try with installing
    AMD Catalyst software Suite for Windows 8/8.1 in compatibility
    mode and see if it helps.

• Right click the applications installation file (exe), select
      Properties andgo toCompatibility
      Tab.
    • Select the appropriate options from the list.
    • Click Apply/OK.
    • Right Click the file and select the
      Run as administrator option to install.

I also suggest to check in device manager if the PC has integrated graphics or get in touch with the device manufacturer to check the same. You can also get the complete device specifications by entering the System Service tag
    Here.

Hope the information is helpful.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Radeon HD 3650

Hi David,

This issue may have occurred due to compatibility issues between the the graphic card and Windows 10. For us to help you with this concern, we'd like to know the current build and version number of your Windows 10. To check, press the Windows key, type
    winver, and press the Enter key.

On another note, there are many threads that reported the same issue with ATI Radeon HD with Windows 10. Our developers are already aware of this and we're already researching for a resolution for a future update.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform a roll back on your driver as a workaround. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager by typing in Devmgmt.msc on the search bar.
    • Navigate to display devices and right click ATI Radeon HD or similar device you have. Select
      Properties.
    • On the Driver tab, hit rollback Driver to go back to the previous version.
    • The next step would be to block Driver updates from Windows updates.
    • Use the show hide tool. As soon as the new driver is detected by Windows Update, hide it. Follow the steps given by
      Sumit Dhiman2 on this
      thread

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Brenda B. Win User

Recent ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 windows update not showing proper display resolution

Method 2 worked, my resolution is back and my second monitor is now detected. My Graphics card for others in the same boat...

ATI Radeon 4650. Delete the driver then restart. (And thanks Dominick) RADEON HD 4650 Card Not Supported For Win 10? :)

Brenda B., Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

1. RADEON HD 4650 Card Not Supported For Win 10? - Similar Threads - RADEON 4650 Card

2. Radeon Processor not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Radeon Processor not supported: I was trying to update my pc to Windows 11 but then when I tried to it said that my AMD Radeon processor was not supported. It would be nice if you could add more processors, so everyone could get the new update....
  3. Radeon Processor not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Radeon Processor not supported: I was trying to update my pc to Windows 11 but then when I tried to it said that my AMD Radeon processor was not supported. It would be nice if you could add more processors, so everyone could get the new update....
  4. Install driver for old graphics card Radeon HD 3000 8.970.100.9001 in Win 10 in 2021 to use...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install driver for old graphics card Radeon HD 3000 8.970.100.9001 in Win 10 in 2021 to use...: Hello!Due to some turbulences I have to get a ~5 year old Desktop-PC running with 2 monitors, which only has a onboard graphic chip, a Radeon HD 3000.AMD saysDriver support for these products under Windows® 8.1 and Windows® 10 is only available via Windows Update. Please...
  5. New Graphic card to replace AMD Radeon hd 7970M.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Graphic card to replace AMD Radeon hd 7970M.: Hi there. I have trouble finding a replacement to my old graphic card in my laptop. Does it pay off to replace the AMD Radeon hd 7970M as it is no longer supported and replace it with a newer one that may enable me to play Space engineers?
  6. Windows 10 1903 & Radeon HD 6470m

Windows 10 1903 & Radeon HD 6470m: hey there, i have this old laptop and i'm installing win10 1903 in it, then i've got problem installing the amd hd 6470 driver.. it always freeze my laptop.. BSOD been trying to update from device manager, windows update, directly installing from amd official driver~ all...
  7. AMD Radeon HD 3450

AMD Radeon HD 3450: So I recently purchased a refurbished PC, which is: Dell Optiplex 980 x64 based. It has the following basic specs: CPU: i5 650, 3.20GHz (Dual-Core) RAM: 8GB Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 3450 When I tried to run a few games like...
  8. Radeon HD 6550

Radeon HD 6550: Hi, I have a notebook from HP dv603290br with Radeon HD 6550D but could not get the video driver to work properly.Already I researched in many forums and have not found the solution. Does anyone know what to do? Thanks 35412
  9. Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card

Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card: Yesterday or the day before I have had difficulties with dual monitor set up. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 card and I cannot seem to get the display to extend to the second Monitor. I tried reinstalling Windows 10 but it just duplicates the screen to the second monitor...
  10. Dual Radeon HD 6670 Video Cards and win 10

Dual Radeon HD 6670 Video Cards and win 10: just a quick question; I have these dual cards on my win 7 machine, and I want to get on the win 10 preview already, but am concerned that there will be an issue with this video card setup; is any one running these cards in a dual setup on the 10074 version or later? Are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ATI Radeon HD 4650 Windows 10 20H2

2. Radeon hd 4650 on windows 10

3. ati radeon hd 4650 driver win 8

4. hd 4650 600m not recognized windows 10,
  5. radeon hd 4650 install windows 10,
  6. ati mobility radeon™ hd 4650,
  7. hd 4650 supported