Windows 10: Radeon RX 5700 XT Issues

Discus and support Radeon RX 5700 XT Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, here are the specs for the PC: Ryzen 2700x Red Devil RX 5700 XT 16GB 3200mhz ram MSI gaming plus x470 motherboard Driver version for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SirShillBucks, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Radeon RX 5700 XT Issues

Hi there, here are the specs for the PC:

Ryzen 2700x
    Red Devil RX 5700 XT

16GB 3200mhz ram

MSI gaming plus x470 motherboard

Driver version for gpu: 20.1.3

Windows version 1909

I have two issues using this combo of windows and radeon drivers.

1. If the monitor is set to sleep in Power & Sleep settings, after it is woken up by activity it will cause my games to flash a black screen. I know this is AMD driver related, but unsure of if there are any fixes for it. It seemed to work on windows 1809 in most games, but once I moved to 1909 none of them seem to work. No matter what I do, if the monitor is turned off to sleep it always makes games flash black screen. For now I have turned monitor sleep off and just enabled a screen saver instead, this seems to work fine and I no longer get the flashing black screens.

2. Hardware acceleration always needs to be disabled or I get black screens or it fails to load. If hardware acceleration is enabled in the browser it will sometime black screen during video playback. If I use windows video editior and try to export a video it will just say "exporting" but not actually do anything and just load forever. If I disable hardware acceleration there, it exports just fine.

Is there anything I can do to avoid these issues? Or is it just something I will have to wait for AMD to fix in an update?

:)

SirShillBucks, Feb 19, 2020
  2. eLPuSHeR Win User

nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 to AMD RX 5700 XT - Worth it?

Good day.

Do you think it's worth to swap a GTX 1070 for a Radeon RX 5700 (with or without XT)?

I am not interested in Ray Tracing. Or it would be better to purchase some RTX Super model?

eLPuSHeR, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Shutting down issue.

Hi,

About two weeks ago I had to replace my new Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT due to overheating issues.

But now I’m having issues with my new ASUS Radeon RX 5700 XT ROG Strix OC 8GB, it’s getting stuck on the Shutting Down screen on Windows 10 build 1903.

Anyone know what’s wrong?

kuyenmotdivad, Feb 19, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Radeon RX 5700 XT Issues

Radeon VII

What was wrong with the RX 5700 XT in terms of heat and noise?

Anyway I would not get an AMD reference card, where there are other AIB vendors releasing their own versions with stock cooling such as the XFX makes its Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC II or the Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G.

I was hoping Sapphire made their own version of the RVII, similar to these cards....

Radeon RX 5700 XT Issues [​IMG]

Radeon RX 5700 XT Issues [​IMG]

The top card in both images in the Sapphire Vapor X (R9-280X) card. The bottom card is Sapphire's Tri X R9 Fury. These cards are fairly quiet under load, and the R9 Fury's fans don't spin unless needed. Anyway I sure would love to have a Sapphire RVII version of the R9 Fury.

sygnus21, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Radeon RX 5700 XT Issues

1. Radeon RX 5700 XT Issues - Similar Threads - Radeon 5700 Issues

2. Radeon RX 6600 XT - Code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Radeon RX 6600 XT - Code 31: Hello, I own the "Sapphire Radeon RX 6600 XT Pulse Gaming 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card" and have done for just over a year now. Unfortunately starting a couple of days ago out of the blue, my GPU would suddenly turn off and my screen would go black. The audio to my...
  3. Radeon RX 6600 XT - Code 31

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Radeon RX 6600 XT - Code 31: Hello, I own the "Sapphire Radeon RX 6600 XT Pulse Gaming 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card" and have done for just over a year now. Unfortunately starting a couple of days ago out of the blue, my GPU would suddenly turn off and my screen would go black. The audio to my...
  4. Rx 5700 XT Blackscreens resulting in restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rx 5700 XT Blackscreens resulting in restart: Look at my post history for more context. Been having Msi Mech rx 5700 xt issues for over 6 months now. Basically the GPU blackscreens at any random time and I have to hold down the power button to turn off the computer and restart. Sometimes I get Wattmann error windows...
  5. AMD Unveils AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT Graphics Card

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Unveils AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT Graphics Card: [img] AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today introduced the AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics card, providing exceptional performance, stunningly vivid visuals and advanced software features to redefine 1440p resolution gaming. Representing the cutting edge of engineering and design, AMD...
  6. Dual Monitors on the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT with 8GB GDDR6 dedicated graphics memory card?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Monitors on the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT with 8GB GDDR6 dedicated graphics memory card?: I have the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT with 8GB GDDR6 dedicated graphics memory card in my new PC from Microsoft. How do I run dual monitors on this video card for gaming when there's only one HDMI port and maybe three DVI ports?...
  7. No GPU Temp on 2004 with RX 5700 XT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No GPU Temp on 2004 with RX 5700 XT: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tonny5935 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1vj0k/no_gpu_temp_on_2004_with_rx_5700_xt/
  8. AMD Unveils the AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT Graphics Card

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Unveils the AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT Graphics Card: [media] AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT delivers amazing high-framerate esports gaming and up to 13 percent higher performance on average than the competition in today’s top AAA titles Gamers receive Monster Hunter World: Iceborne™ Master Edition and three months of Xbox Game Pass...
  9. nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 to AMD RX 5700 XT - Worth it?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 to AMD RX 5700 XT - Worth it?: Good day. Do you think it's worth to swap a GTX 1070 for a Radeon RX 5700 (with or without XT)? I am not interested in Ray Tracing. Or it would be better to purchase some RTX Super model? 137942
  10. Reference RX 5700 XT Testing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Reference RX 5700 XT Testing: My new card has just arrived today, so lets see how the new RX 5700 XT performs. In all of the test I will be using wattman to record gpu parameters and unigine superposition to benchmark the card, as I'm using an older cpu I will be running all the tests in 4k to reduce the...