Windows 10: RAID 0 no longer works, one of the disks is unallocated

Discus and support RAID 0 no longer works, one of the disks is unallocated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 drives configured as RAID 0, on an older motherboard with nVidia chipset. Worked fine up until few days ago, now windows doesn't see it. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ktz, Aug 13, 2016.

1. KTZ
    Ktz Win User

RAID 0 no longer works, one of the disks is unallocated

I have 2 drives configured as RAID 0, on an older motherboard with nVidia chipset. Worked fine up until few days ago, now windows doesn't see it.
    The RAID utility on boot says its fine.
    Tried to boot with Ubuntu, no luck - it couldn't read it.
    If I disable RAID in BIOS setup, I get a single disk drive visible (which I need to format to make usable, of course). Disk Manager shows that one of the drives is unallocated.

RAID 0 no longer works, one of the disks is unallocated [​IMG]

Any ideas if its fixable without losing data, or the RAID is shot?

Cheers!

:)

2. gboycolor Win User

Windows 10 Installation messed up partition on another disk - GPT protective partition

I reinstalled Windows 10 64 bit because my previous install got a bit of nasty malware and it was starting to get bloated.

I have two logical disks: a RAID 0 array, where I installed the OS, and a 4TB RAID 5 array composed of three disks for my data. During installation, I put the OS in the RAID 0 array, and I made sure not to touch the large RAID 5 array, because I have a bunch
    of data in it. However, when I booted up the data array was not visible. I went to Disk Management and it asked me to say what partition style the disk was in (it recognized it as a 2048GB partition) and I selected MBR. (This may have been a bad choice).

Now, the three disks show up in Disk management: two of them as unallocated space and one as a GPT Protective Partition, all MBR style.

I made sure to install all the relevant drivers, and the array itself shows as completely functional.

Is there any way of getting the data back? Barring that, how can I at least use the full 4TB array?

Reinstalling the OS is not an issue.

Thanks!

gboycolor, Aug 13, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    c drive-storage getting full

On disk 1 the 2TB disk, you need to partition it into at least 4 partitions. Then move the data from at least one of the drive on disk 0 to one of the partitions. Then erase all of the data from that drive on disk 0 and make it unallocated. Then move
    the other drives and extend into the unallocated space enlarging the drives.

Also I can not add to good as you do have the 500 GB disk.

I use EaseUS Partition Master, which has a free version, to do this type of work. L lot of the things like moving a partition into the unallocate space and then extending can be done graphically.

lacrumb, Aug 13, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Aug 13, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    You really really need to maintain backups when RAID 0 is involved. While always important this becomes particularly so with RAID 0. Recovery methods can never be relied on.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. RAID 0 no longer works, one of the disks is unallocated - Similar Threads - RAID longer works

2. Windows 11 RAID 0 system disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 RAID 0 system disks: I am considering RAID 0 for the system disks of my next desktop build. The raid would be setup in BIOS. Does anyone knows if this is going to work with windows 11?...
  3. Windows 11 RAID 0 system disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 RAID 0 system disks: I am considering RAID 0 for the system disks of my next desktop build. The raid would be setup in BIOS. Does anyone knows if this is going to work with windows 11?...
  4. unallocated space on disk 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unallocated space on disk 0: i have windows and everything on disk 0 6tb but i saw it was getting full so i got a 4tb disk for backup. then i see that disk 0 s only using 2tb while the rest is unallocated. tried to extend volume gives error only first 2tb are usable on large mbr disks. conot create...
  5. unallocated space on disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unallocated space on disk 0: i have windows and everything on disk 0 6tb but i saw it was getting full so i got a 4tb disk for backup. then i see that disk 0 s only using 2tb while the rest is unallocated. tried to extend volume gives error only first 2tb are usable on large mbr disks. conot create...
  6. unallocated space on disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. unallocated space in disk 0

unallocated space in disk 0: I am unable to extend the unallocated space on my laptop. it is not showing me the extended volume option in my laptop how should I get back my memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unallocated-space-in-disk-0/a9298434-5f4f-426e-b08b-9739e261b019
  8. Raid 0 only showing 1 drive, other is showing as unallocated

Raid 0 only showing 1 drive, other is showing as unallocated: I Just recently reimaged my precision 7530 laptop with Raid 0 using 2 512GB drives, it was just getting very laggy, but was working ok, and the Raid 0 was also working just fine as well. After several failed attempts to get the install to even see both drives, windows...
  9. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  10. Question on disk space avail RAID 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question on disk space avail RAID 0: I am confused, hope you can help - I have 2 2TB disk drives configured as RAID 0. This is confirmed in Intel RST. RST says 3815 GB total size, roughly 4 TB available, which is what I would expect as RAID 0 supposedly makes available the sum of the drives in the array as its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. RAID 0 no longer works disk unallocated (Windows 10)