Windows 10: RAID 0 NTFS partition unreadable

Discus and support RAID 0 NTFS partition unreadable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, I created a internal RAID 0 NTFS partition without 2x 1To HDD on my Windows 10 computer with the native "Disk Management" tool of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaeDLLD, Jun 11, 2020.

1. GaeDLLD Win User

RAID 0 NTFS partition unreadable

Hello there,

I created a internal RAID 0 NTFS partition without 2x 1To HDD on my Windows 10 computer with the native "Disk Management" tool of windows.

Other detail : Sometimes, I connect an external HDD macos formatted to transfer some files, so I use the MacDrive10 software to use my disk.

Everything is working at this state...

Here is the problem : Now, if I uninstall the MacDrive software, my RAID 0 NTFS partition is unreadable...

Do you have any subjection to solve this issue, and why it's happening ?

Thanks,

Gaëtan

:)

GaeDLLD, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Aquinus Win User

Raid 0 help

You need to resize your NTFS partition. Run (Super + R; the run dialog box) and execute "diskmgmt.msc". You'll see that your RAID-0 is only partitioned to half of the array's size. Converting a disk to RAID doesn't do anything to the size of your partitions.

Aquinus, Jun 11, 2020
  3. help raid 0

so what is the step by step to set up raid 0?
    First, format both ssd to the same format: NTFS
    Second, change sata mode in bios from ahci to Raid
    Third, save bios and reboot, press Ctril+ I to enter Raid setup
    Fourth, make a raid disk

is it right?

mrthanhnguyen, Jun 11, 2020
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Move Win7 64 image from a partition NTFS to a new drive

EDIT: After reading your first post again, is there any reason that you would now need GPT? Are you just trying to move the windows install to a new disk or is there a new motherboard involved?

If you are already booting to an NTFS partition, then it makes me wonder if after copying to the new drive, the partition isn't getting marked as Active.

Following the same steps I posted above for startup repair, you can get to a command prompt and use diskpart to see if this is the case.

Code: In the command prompt: diskpart list disk select disk 0 (disk number may be different if you have other disks connected.) list partition select partition 0 (partition number number may vary, but you want to see the boot partition which is the same as your windows partition according to the screenshot on the OP) detail partition (This should have Active: Yes or No. If it says no, since we have the partition selected, you can just use the following command in diskpart) active[/quote]

FX-GMC, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. RAID 0 NTFS partition unreadable - Similar Threads - RAID NTFS partition

2. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  3. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  4. raw and ntfs partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    raw and ntfs partition: Had a disk partition that turned raw. Already read all the posts on converting raw partitions to ntfs partitions without formatting disk.Convert d: /fs:ntfs doesn't work returning message "d: is already ntfs". If I open disk management the partition d: is marked as raw, btw....
  5. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  6. Install Windows on Raid 0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on Raid 0: I have an i3-3240 processor, an ASRock H61M-VG3 motherboard and 2 Hitachi HDP725050GLA360G. My question is: what do I need to install Windows on the 2 hdds in Raid 0? And I would like if you can find me what's needed....
  7. Changing a hdd with raid 5 to NTFS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing a hdd with raid 5 to NTFS: Hello! I have 4 hdd's that were used in a NAS storage unit with raid 5 array that is no longer being used old OS. I erased all the data, pulled out two of them, disk management shows them with 5 partitions I want only 1 partition, used command prompt to clear and create a...
  8. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  9. NTFS stop code error; partition data including OS unreadable (W10Pro)

NTFS stop code error; partition data including OS unreadable (W10Pro): I tried to merge two adjacent NTFS drive partitions (one with my OS and programs and one empty) using Minitool Partition Wizard. I ended up with a BSOD and NTFS stop code error. I tried EasyRE to fix this automatically. It failed. Then I tried using Windows 10 installation...
  10. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...