Windows 10: Raid 1 Drives disappeared in Win10

Discus and support Raid 1 Drives disappeared in Win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a Dell T-130 server running Windows 10 pro since 2017. The machine is setup to use RAID in the bios. there is a C: drive that the machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Khanda65, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Khanda65 Win User

Raid 1 Drives disappeared in Win10

I am using a Dell T-130 server running Windows 10 pro since 2017. The machine is setup to use RAID in the bios. there is a C: drive that the machine boots from and there are 3 identical 1.8T drives that are in a RAID 1 config. These show as D: drive. There is also a DVR RW that is E:. Yesterday, my RAID D: disappeared. when I go to Disk management in Windows, they show as 3 separate drives with no drive letter assigned and show as healthy and online. when i go to the BIOS, they show as a RAID 1 array, which is expected. I checked the computer and no updates were installed between the time the drives were there and stopped showing. I have searched the net and seen that others have had this issue but haven't seen a clear answer as to why this happens and how to resolve it. Any pointers or help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Khanda65, Jun 17, 2020
  2. makwy2 Win User

RAID 5 disappearing on upgrade to Win10

I will lay out my problem in simple terms than some detail and then I'd be happy to add/respond as needed.

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my PC.

I have a RAID 5 array made up of 3 x 1.5tTB HDDs attached to the motherboard directly and set-up through the motherboard utility.

When I upgraded to Windows 10, this drive (R), disappeared completely and in the 'Disk Management' it shows 3 separate 100% empty volumes.

How do I get my RAID drive back?

Steps I've already taken: I have updated general motherboard, SATA, and RAID chipset drivers. I have made sure the AMD RAIDXpert didn't change any settings I had input, and I have restarted more than a few times.

makwy2, Jun 17, 2020
  3. suraswami Win User
    Raid 1 Questions - Help Is Needed Quick !!!

Like the other guy said, backup and RMA it.

Step 1. Backup or store all the info to another external drive or source.
    Step 2. Put Drive 2 (after getting replacment drive for drive 1) along with Drive 1
    Step 3. Thru Bios Configure the drives to be part of Raid Group and specify Raid 1. So it will warn you about data loss. After conforming to that message its going to format both drives and group them as Raid 1.
    Step 4. Try to partition the drive if possible from with bios utility.
    Step 5. Install windows on first partition (it may ask for drivers)
    Step 6. If Windows XP SP 1 it will recognize the whole full 320GB. So finish installing the OS and update to SP2.
    Step 7. Go into Computer management and add the extra partition to the OS or u can partition into how many ever and add it.
    Step 8. May be you need to install Seagate optimize tool to see the full size of the drive.

Good luck.

suraswami, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Bazsl1 Win User

Can I use a RAID 1 drive array as my Windows boot drive?

I am not going to use hardware RAID. I want to use Windows Storage Spaces to create the RAID 1 array from two identical hard drives.

Do I install Windows on the first hard drive then create the RAID array using Storage Spaces?

When I create the RAID array will Windows automatically mirror the Windows installation including the boot partition to the second drive so the RAID array is bootable?

Are their any steps unique to this setup that I must follow when installing Windows or creating the RAID array so that the RAID array will be bootable?

Bazsl1, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Raid 1 Drives disappeared in Win10 - Similar Threads - Raid Drives disappeared

2. Reinstalling RAID 1 using NVMe drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling RAID 1 using NVMe drive: Hi, I had 2 Corsair Force Series MP600 2 TB, NVMe PCIe Gen 4 x4 M.2 SSD in RAID 1 when I ordered my computer from Origin PC. One of the drives was bad so I switched from RAID 1 to AHCI and sent the bad drive for replacement. I have the replacement drive installed now and I am...
  3. Add new SSD drive to RAID-1 machine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add new SSD drive to RAID-1 machine?: My PC runs Windows 10 Home 20H2 off a RAID-1 HD (configuration: BIOS-> SATA->RAID). I would like to add a new, separate SSD drive to this system. Can this be done without interfering with the existing RAID-1? 178225
  4. How to image 2 hard drives with raid 1

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to image 2 hard drives with raid 1: I am replacing old hard drives before they go bad. Hard drives are 8 years old. I have made many single hard drive images with macrium reflect but never with 2 drives and raid 1. Wanted to get some input on how to do it or point me in the right direction to find out how....
  5. Transfer of Raid 1 (mirrored) drives to new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer of Raid 1 (mirrored) drives to new PC: I recently built a new desktop PC. I transferred two 8TB drives that were mirrored from my previous PC. In my new PC they show up as one drive. I have put each drive individually and they each show up with all the data. I have backed up this data and wish to use the drives as...
  6. raid 1 troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Support
    raid 1 troubleshooting: OK...I have been fighting a raid 1 for about 24 hours and am at my wits end here ! SOS!!! ;-) I have two identical Samsung 850 1 TB SSDs. I have tried setting up raid 1 in bios AND in Win10 with no luck. The BIOS got set up to the point that I got "functioning raid" message...
  7. Raid 1 problems

Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  8. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  9. RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives

RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives: My custom build is now about a year old. Whe n I first set it up, I configured hardware RAID 1 and the fresh windows install worked perfect. Now after a few upgrades the drives are not seen as a RAID anymore but 1 separate drives. Funny thing is when I mounted on a...
  10. Renaming Drives in RAID 1 Configuration - Necessary Drive Letter Shows

Renaming Drives in RAID 1 Configuration - Necessary Drive Letter Shows: I have a dual Raid 1 configuration with (2) identical 500GB (C*Smile and 1TB (D*Smile drives. When connecting my (2) external hard drives, one of which needs to be named (F*Smile (I have numerous files, folders, icons and programs linked to it), I see that (E*Smile and...