Windows 10: Raid 1 Failed & Cannot Get my Files back

Discus and support Raid 1 Failed & Cannot Get my Files back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I hope it’s not too late for me now!!! My PC is Operating on Windows 10, and I have used WD My Book Duo S/N WUA270…. P/N WDBLWE… 8TB configured asRaid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarithAl-Hinai, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Raid 1 Failed & Cannot Get my Files back

I hope it’s not too late for me now!!!

My PC is Operating on Windows 10, and I have used WD My Book Duo S/N WUA270…. P/N WDBLWE… 8TB configured asRaid 1, No Encryption for many months, stored about 3TB of data

Suddenly, the enclosure went faulty, the WD HDD not showing on the Windows Explorer and therefore cannot read my stored data.

Furthermore, the WD HDD will only appear to be as Unallocated on Disk Management screen asking to format before using …

Trying to retrieve my data I used Recoverit application on one of the raid 1 set HDD, it only recovered some data not relevant to what I was looking for such as .swf, .aac, .eps, .mts, .m2ts file extensions, unreadable after recovery anywhere, and I cannot see any of my data although the HDD shows it contains more than 3TB of material onDiskpart application.

I have the second HDD from Raid set untouched, which I believe both HDD were working just fine when the WD My book duo PCB Controller went faulty …

Anyone can help to retrieve my data, knowing that repairing faulty PCB or swap replacement will not necessary allow to read the Raid 1 and therefore the HDD again, as PCB contains the firmware & encryption etc. and it’s not possible to mimic that. Plus all of this has to go through matching mechanism and removal procedures …

Anyone can Help, Please.

Harhinai

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

HarithAl-Hinai, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Get the six core CPU's I listed, at 3.3Ghz per core they will more than handle any calculations you throw at them for years to come, and with matching RAM in tri channel you will have a very strong setup.

My only other suggestion is a full RAID card like the one I listed with SSD's (in RAID 1)for the OS and programs, and then a RAID 5 array for backup and any large files on the board with a offsite final backup

Steevo, Feb 12, 2020
  3. georgetok Win User
    Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Thank you so much.

Dell system I am buying as a back has Xeon E5645 2.2 GHz & 12 GB ECC RAM

They don't offer Xeon W3680 that you suggested

So would that be good enough ?

Thanks

georgetok, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Raid 1 Failed & Cannot Get my Files back

Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Thanks guys. I set up RAID in the BIOS following MSI settings in their manual. Then I loaded windows following the prompts. But I must have missed a step. And hence my questions after my install. So, I did as you suggested Samuria, and set it up in Windows. I would have preferred a MoBo hardware setup. But as long as I have RAID 1 I will be happy. Thanks, B.

LindenBruce, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Raid 1 Failed & Cannot Get my Files back

1. Raid 1 Failed & Cannot Get my Files back - Similar Threads - Raid Failed Cannot

2. My raid 1 disapeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My raid 1 disapeared: Hello, I recently built my new gaming pc and i bought two hdd drives and not knowing what to do with them someone told me I should try doing a raid 1. I know it has its flaws and its strengths but I already know them. So I went to control panel --> system --> Space/disk...
  3. raid 1 troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Support
    raid 1 troubleshooting: OK...I have been fighting a raid 1 for about 24 hours and am at my wits end here ! SOS!!! ;-) I have two identical Samsung 850 1 TB SSDs. I have tried setting up raid 1 in bios AND in Win10 with no luck. The BIOS got set up to the point that I got "functioning raid" message...
  4. RAID 1 (Mirrored) and 20H1

RAID 1 (Mirrored) and 20H1: I am having the following problem in trying to set up a Mirrored RAID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d4481ae?page=2 Seems to be a 20H1 issue sure hope they fix it 155456
  5. How to recover a failed disk on a Windows 10 software RAID 1?

How to recover a failed disk on a Windows 10 software RAID 1?: After searching the web for 2 days, not finding any relevant answer I'm posting the question here: I have a HP Proliant server with 2 1TB sata disks, set up in RAID1, using Windows 10 software RAID. The RAID also contains the Windows OS. I'm trying to find the procedure...
  6. Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10: I have read that Win 10 has the software to run a RAID 1 without a controller but it wasn't an option in Disk Management on my Windows 10 Home edition. Is this only a Win 10 Pro feature? If I buy an upgrade to convert my Home edition to Pro will 'mirroring' capability be...
  7. Raid 1 problems

Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  8. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  9. Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid

Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid: Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've added a hard drive to my system to enable raid 1 via windows 10 Pro (not hardware raid). my main drive has 4 partitions which were set up when I installed windows 8.1. I have since upgraded to 10 pro. I assume these partitions...
  10. Hard disk failing, robust backup strategy, raid 1?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Hard disk failing, robust backup strategy, raid 1?: Hello All, Great forum, has helped me setup a backup strategy I am happy with... since discovering the forum I have: Found my E drive (2TB Seagate) is slowly dying (using Crystal disk info); Copied all data, with only minor loses, to my F drive (another 1TB Seagate);...