Windows 10: Raid 1 if second HDD was unplugged with it copy over once plugged back in?

Discus and support Raid 1 if second HDD was unplugged with it copy over once plugged back in? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two HDDs in software RAID 1. I am copying 3 older HDDs onto the new one. When I was putting the second HDD in ( I have to swap the 3 HDDs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Left-Pumpkin1, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Raid 1 if second HDD was unplugged with it copy over once plugged back in?

I have two HDDs in software RAID 1. I am copying 3 older HDDs onto the new one. When I was putting the second HDD in ( I have to swap the 3 HDDs around) I may have unplugged my second HDD in the RAID 1 but I am not sure. If I did now that I had plugged it back in, will windows automatically make my two RAID 1 HDDs the same and copy of the data that may have been placed on it while it was unplugged. If I go into Manage Storage Spaces and Storage Pool it has: Two-Way mirror with a tick OK Repairing %3 so I assume it was unplugged and is copying over. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Left-Pumpkin1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Left-Pumpkin1, Mar 4, 2021

2. BSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1)

Hi ZigZag3143

I'm having a problem with a new machine I'm setting up.

This machine has 4 disks, which are operating in Raid 1.

2 Disk M.2 500Gb with win 10 Pro system in Raid 1 (CRaid 1 if second HDD was unplugged with it copy over once plugged back in? :) and 2 other HDD 4TB disc in Raid 1 (FRaid 1 if second HDD was unplugged with it copy over once plugged back in? :).

The installation went all over and the setup also went well, I have been working beautifully, until I started copying the files from the old machine to this new one, being that I am copying everything to the HDD 4TB (FRaid 1 if second HDD was unplugged with it copy over once plugged back in? :) and that's when the problems start.
    After some time copying the mouse freezes and a few seconds later, the blue screen occurs and restarts the PC.

I've performed all kinds of tests and no problem is detected.

I may be working on the machine smoothly all day, but if I start a new copy of files to disk F:, the blue screen
    occurs.

Can You help me resolve the issue, I've already shared the necessary files on my OneDrive, and I emailed you.

Thank you

Francisco Frade

FranciscoJMFrade, Mar 4, 2021
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    How to image 2 hard drives with raid 1

Hi there
    Not sure if this is the best way but should work.

1) backup data to individual external drives (or whatever -- cloud services etc). For basic data - use ROBOCOPY ,XCOPY, or simply Windows / File explorer.
    2) install new HDD's
    3) Create your RAID array's for the new drives.
    4) restore data saved via step 1).

If you have the Windows OS on a RAID device then that's beyond my knowledge - AFAIK Windows needs a hardware card with a driver to boot a RAID device. However the suggestion I've made will save / recover your DATA files.

Cheers
    jimbo.

jimbo45, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Raid 1 if second HDD was unplugged with it copy over once plugged back in?

how to install Windows in a raid 1 config

Hi. I have two 160gb hdd and I wanted to install windows in a raid 1 configuration with those drives. I have windows 10 currently installed in a third 320gb hdd and already transformed the other two into a single raid 1 partition. How do I install
    windows in the raid 1? Do I have to move the system to that partition or do I have to install it from scratch into it? If it's the second option, how could I install windows in a dynamic partition? thanks

eliasvelardez, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Raid 1 if second HDD was unplugged with it copy over once plugged back in?

1. Raid 1 if second HDD was unplugged with it copy over once plugged back in? - Similar Threads - Raid second HDD

2. Local Disk remains in This PC after unplugging and plugging in HDD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk remains in This PC after unplugging and plugging in HDD.: I have recently unplugged a HDD and then plugged it back in. This has resulted in my old drive letter Local Disk G: remaining but does not show up in Disk Management. There's nothing in the drive and states it has 450MB of space, almost as if it's a recovery partition. I...
  3. Local Disk remains in This PC after unplugging and plugging in HDD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk remains in This PC after unplugging and plugging in HDD.: I have recently unplugged a HDD and then plugged it back in. This has resulted in my old drive letter Local Disk G: remaining but does not show up in Disk Management. There's nothing in the drive and states it has 450MB of space, almost as if it's a recovery partition. I...
  4. unplug and plug back in looses ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unplug and plug back in looses ethernet connection: I updated my second computer from Win 8.1 to 10 20H2 now, when I unplug my ethernet cable from modem for about 3-5 seconds, the internet won't come back in? Also, the mouse freezes up a lot. I updated the Lan drivers for windows 10 if I restart the computer, everything is...
  5. raid 1 troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Support
    raid 1 troubleshooting: OK...I have been fighting a raid 1 for about 24 hours and am at my wits end here ! SOS!!! ;-) I have two identical Samsung 850 1 TB SSDs. I have tried setting up raid 1 in bios AND in Win10 with no luck. The BIOS got set up to the point that I got "functioning raid" message...
  6. Windows 10, RAID 1, Optimize Shows HDD, not SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, RAID 1, Optimize Shows HDD, not SSD: In my new Windows 10 desktop computer, RAID 1, Two SSD's, I see Optimize shows "Hard Disk Drive", NOT "SSD", and I want to be sure defragmentation is not applied to these drives, instead of the proper TRIM utility. What need I do? I found a reply for this regarding Windows...
  7. BSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Win 10 copy files do HDD (Raid 1): Hi ZigZag3143 I'm having a problem with a new machine I'm setting up. This machine has 4 disks, which are operating in Raid 1. 2 Disk M.2 500Gb with win 10 Pro system in Raid 1 (C:) and 2 other HDD 4TB disc in Raid 1 (F:). The installation went all over and the setup also...
  8. PC shuts off, have to unplug and plug back in to get it back on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts off, have to unplug and plug back in to get it back on: My Win 10 Pro PC has lately been shutting off without warning - screens go black, then the fans kick up for a few seconds and then everything powers off. But I can't just hit the power switch to turn it back on. I have to pull the power plug out of the power supply and plug...
  9. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  10. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...