Windows 10: raid 1 troubleshooting

Discus and support raid 1 troubleshooting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK...I have been fighting a raid 1 for about 24 hours and am at my wits end here ! SOS!!! ;-) I have two identical Samsung 850 1 TB SSDs. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DPZooT, Oct 25, 2020.

1. DPZooT Win User

raid 1 troubleshooting

OK...I have been fighting a raid 1 for about 24 hours and am at my wits end here
    ! SOS!!! ;-)

I have two identical Samsung 850 1 TB SSDs. I have tried setting up raid 1 in bios AND in Win10 with no luck.

The BIOS got set up to the point that I got "functioning raid" message and it showed the two drives. Then when I was trying to install Windows it would not let me install on the drive. (I tried Raid, AHCI, and IDE.)

So then I tried going to AHCI mode and installing Windows on one drive and updating it, then tried to do the raid via dskmngr and it now says it can not because one drive is too small. I have deleted the particians and still nothing.

:)

DPZooT, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Get the six core CPU's I listed, at 3.3Ghz per core they will more than handle any calculations you throw at them for years to come, and with matching RAM in tri channel you will have a very strong setup.

My only other suggestion is a full RAID card like the one I listed with SSD's (in RAID 1)for the OS and programs, and then a RAID 5 array for backup and any large files on the board with a offsite final backup

Steevo, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Thanks guys. I set up RAID in the BIOS following MSI settings in their manual. Then I loaded windows following the prompts. But I must have missed a step. And hence my questions after my install. So, I did as you suggested Samuria, and set it up in Windows. I would have preferred a MoBo hardware setup. But as long as I have RAID 1 I will be happy. Thanks, B.

LindenBruce, Oct 25, 2020
  4. georgetok Win User

raid 1 troubleshooting

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Thank you so much.

Dell system I am buying as a back has Xeon E5645 2.2 GHz & 12 GB ECC RAM

They don't offer Xeon W3680 that you suggested

So would that be good enough ?

Thanks

georgetok, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

raid 1 troubleshooting

1. raid 1 troubleshooting - Similar Threads - raid troubleshooting

2. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  3. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  4. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  5. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  6. blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd: lenovo p70. Windows 10. Teracopy file transfer. lacie 6big USB RAiD HDD - newly purchased.Trasnferring large files realised that the PC has reset itself.Try again and the time taken to reset has reduced and I see the BSOD with stopcode 0x82460000 at point of the PC...
  7. blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd

blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd: lenovo p70. Windows 10. Teracopy file transfer. lacie 6big USB RAiD HDD - newly purchased.Trasnferring large files realised that the PC has reset itself.Try again and the time taken to reset has reduced and I see the BSOD with stopcode 0x82460000 at point of the PC...
  8. blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation: Hi,I had some major problems with my current Windows Pro 11 installation, so I had to start over by installing a fresh Win 11 image.Before that, I had 4 HDDs, organized as two different Raid 1 disks.Right after finishing my reinstallation, the disks were “synchronizing” in...
  10. Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation

Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation: Hi,I had some major problems with my current Windows Pro 11 installation, so I had to start over by installing a fresh Win 11 image.Before that, I had 4 HDDs, organized as two different Raid 1 disks.Right after finishing my reinstallation, the disks were “synchronizing” in...