Windows 10: raid 2 m.2 NVME drives as one using a pcie adapter and NOT loose speed

Discus and support raid 2 m.2 NVME drives as one using a pcie adapter and NOT loose speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i am looking to get two m.2 NVME drives and put them in a adapter to merge them as one (a HW raid if you will) i see adapters like this here but im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xdarkmario, Apr 26, 2020.

1. raid 2 m.2 NVME drives as one using a pcie adapter and NOT loose speed

i am looking to get two m.2 NVME drives and put them in a adapter to merge them as one (a HW raid if you will) i see adapters like this here but im wondering isn't that switching from NVME to sata 3? will i go to sata 3 speed if i use this adapter or similar?

my motherboard is a gigabyte aorus x570 with a 3950x

the two m.2's i am looking into are 3,200MBps

:)

xdarkmario, Apr 26, 2020
  2. GoJoLo Win User

Will Raid 0 work on two Pcie 1x slots for double speed?

Just looking for fastest editing read/write speeds from 2 old Pcie 1x slots.

Will W10 raid two Pcie based drives? Will it Work. 2 Nvme ssd's & 2 adapter cards.

GoJoLo, Apr 26, 2020
  3. PCIE to M.2 adapter.

Thanks @cadaveca. M.2 in raid, wonder what the benefits are.

So any suggestions on a better adapter?

DeathtoGnomes, Apr 26, 2020
  4. raid 2 m.2 NVME drives as one using a pcie adapter and NOT loose speed

Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

raid 2 m.2 NVME drives as one using a pcie adapter and NOT loose speed

1. raid 2 m.2 NVME drives as one using a pcie adapter and NOT loose speed - Similar Threads - raid NVME drives

2. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  3. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  4. Is it possible to use two M.2 NVME drives on this MOBO?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to use two M.2 NVME drives on this MOBO?: Last year I bought a 1TB M.2 NVME drive to use on my Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard (PRIME Z390-A | Motherboards | ASUS Canada) and now that prices have somewhat gone down, I'm considering getting a 4TB instead. My first thought it is I'll get a superspeed enclosure for the...
  5. Adapter for M.2 Drive

Adapter for M.2 Drive: I need an adapter to check the condition of a Kingston 128gb SSD NGFF M.2. I need to be able to plug it into a card that can then connect via USB to another PC. I've got a few adapters but not one for this drive. Any idea which adapter I need? This is the drive Kingston...
  6. Help with nvme m.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with nvme m.2: Need help m.2 nvme card I bought a digifast nvme m.2 and it won’t show up in Windows. I try doing the Disk Management, Initialize Disk but it’s doesn’t show up. When I go into the bios is there I see the m.2 and my ssd card. Help please. X570 gigabyte mobo. Thank you....
  7. M.2 NVME pcie gen 4

M.2 NVME pcie gen 4: Does anybody know if Samsung is releasing a Gen 4 PCIe NVME SSD? I'm just wondering. 157061
  8. easiest way to Clone a laptop with M.2 NVME PCiE SSD drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    easiest way to Clone a laptop with M.2 NVME PCiE SSD drive: I received a M.2 NVme PCIe 512GB SSD as a gift, and I'd like to update my Dell's 3389 laptop drive 256GB (also an M.2 SSD) with this larger SSD. Its a Window 10 system.. BTW Issue is I have no way to clone this since I only have one available M.2 slot, I was thinking to use...
  9. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive: Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I installed a Samsung 970...
  10. M.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0 array?

M.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0 array?: ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7 LGA 1151 mobo Samsung 960 PRO M.2 NVME PCIe SSDs M.2 drives in M.2 slots 1 and 3 on mobo Can a RAID 0 array be created with the 2 drives? Is it advisable to do so? (I have learned over the years that not everything that CAN be done...