Windows 10: Raid o on ASUS z390-e

Discus and support Raid o on ASUS z390-e in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install a raid 0 on an ASUS z390-E on initial install using 2 M2 nvme intel sticks but windows does not recognize them in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidOregon, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Raid o on ASUS z390-e

I am trying to install a raid 0 on an ASUS z390-E on initial install using 2 M2 nvme intel sticks but windows does not recognize them in the configuration screen. How do I do it or can I do it on windows pro?

:)

DavidOregon, Feb 29, 2020

2. 2 RAID Arrays on Z390 chipset (M.2x4 and SATA)

This is possible. I have successfully built a Z390 based machine with both an M.2 RAID 1 array (boot) and SATA RAID 0 array (D disk), all running off of the Z390 chipset Intel controller. Creating the RAID arrays is standard, and not significantly different than with just SATA disks. The primary difference being that the M.2 disks must have "RST PCIe Storage Remapping" Enabled.

This system is configured as such:

• i9 9900k
    • ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate
    • 2x 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSDs (RAID 1 + Boot)
    • 2x 1TB WD Blue SSDs (RAID 0)

Graydon Neill, Feb 29, 2020
  3. 2 RAID Arrays on Z390 chipset (M.2x4 and SATA)

I need to know if this is possible. To have two RAID arrays on a z390 platform. The first being a boot drive composed of two M.2x4 pcie SSDs in RAID 1 and the other being composed of two SATA III SSDs in RAID 0.

The ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate appears like it might support this since two of the M.2 ports are pcie style, and if both are used it still leaves two open SATA III ports on the Intel controller.

1. If the M.2 pcie disks are configured in RAID, can I use these two extra SATA III ports for another RAID array?
    2. If question one is possible, can I use the M.2 array as my boot drive?

Graydon Neill, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Polo6RGTI Win User

Raid o on ASUS z390-e

Asus Z390 Maximus XI Motherboards

ASUS redacted the "Intel Core 9900KS CPU support" wording.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING

Raid o on ASUS z390-e [​IMG]

ASROCK Z390 Pro4

The latest MSI 300 series BIOS updates contain the latest Intel Microcode (0xBE).

Polo6RGTI, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Raid o on ASUS z390-e

1. Raid o on ASUS z390-e - Similar Threads - Raid ASUS z390

2. Attn Microsoft and ASUS Intel RST driver unable to install on ASUS Z390 Motherboards F6...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attn Microsoft and ASUS Intel RST driver unable to install on ASUS Z390 Motherboards F6...: Dear Microsoft as well as ASUS, Since the recent release of Windows 10 22H2 as well as Windows 11 22H2, I am having issues installing the Intel RST software for my ASUS Z390-F motherboard. The Intel RST driver available on ASUS website was version 17.5.0.1017 so when I: -...
  3. Attn Microsoft and ASUS Intel RST driver unable to install on ASUS Z390 Motherboards F6...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attn Microsoft and ASUS Intel RST driver unable to install on ASUS Z390 Motherboards F6...: Dear Microsoft as well as ASUS, Since the recent release of Windows 10 22H2 as well as Windows 11 22H2, I am having issues installing the Intel RST software for my ASUS Z390-F motherboard. The Intel RST driver available on ASUS website was version 17.5.0.1017 so when I: -...
  4. Attn Microsoft and ASUS Intel RST driver unable to install on ASUS Z390 Motherboards F6...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. rog strix z390-E Gaming with Window 10 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rog strix z390-E Gaming with Window 10 issue: Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming Intel 9i installed Windows 10 - ended up asking for the recovery 4 DIMMS SLOT insert. SSD 2 TB KRAZEN 273 LL120 RGB whenever we boot computer we get blue screen saying that we need to repair our computer but whenever we select any...
  6. Help to install Graphics Accelerator driver ASUS Z390-A

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help to install Graphics Accelerator driver ASUS Z390-A: hi win10 v2004 ASUS Prime Z390-A i5 - 9600K using onboard graphics. Current driver installed by Microsoft update - Intel Corporation - Display - 27.20.100.7990 Have saved from ASUS support site - intel Graphics Accelerator driver v27.20.100.8190 Do I need to uninstall...
  7. Desinstalar o microsoft suporte e assistência

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desinstalar o microsoft suporte e assistência: Olá Baixei o microsoft suporte e assistência para utilizar na reinstalação do app Office 2016 e agora, devido ao risco que esse aplicativo oferece gostaria de saber como desisnstalar. Não aparece no painel de controle, e no revo uninstaller apareceu em programas e até...
  8. Hardware Raid card for Gigabyte Z390 UD

Hardware Raid card for Gigabyte Z390 UD: I tried the LSI/3Ware 9650SE-2LP and the 9650SE-4LPML in a new Gigabyte Z390 UD motherboard build, but the motherboard doesn't seem to be compatible. During boot, it seems to try to load the 3Ware Bios, but then fails. Is there a hardware Raid card that is compatible with...
  9. How can I solve BSOD after enabling RAID in ASUS UEFI? (Z390 chipset)

How can I solve BSOD after enabling RAID in ASUS UEFI? (Z390 chipset): Hi, I'm trying to use my spare 128GB SSD to accelerate a secondary 4TB HDD that I do alot of reading from. Everything I found online makes the process of setting this up sound easy. However the moment I enable Intel RST in the bios ez mode, OR, switch from ACHI to Intel in...
  10. Win10 short freezes. New 9900K+Asus Strix z390

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 short freezes. New 9900K+Asus Strix z390: Systems has intermittent short freezes under heavy load. Reproducible using Kombustor and running 32 threads CPU stress... happens faster if also running GPU test. Swapped Ram, PSU, multiple GPUs, and integrated GPU (what's running now). Latest Bios. Default bios settings....