Windows 10: Raid optimisation

Discus and support Raid optimisation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I made a thread on another forum, can you enlighten me on how best to configure AMD RaidXpert2 after configuring a RAID 10 with 64KB stripe in the bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sgtsixpack, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Raid optimisation

I made a thread on another forum, can you enlighten me on how best to configure AMD RaidXpert2 after configuring a RAID 10 with 64KB stripe in the bios and installing to the array only to clone to an SSD (with array used for storage):
    Forum - Install raid drivers on windows 10 after OS installation

Brand new windows media creation tool 2004 ISO (pro N w/media pack installed).

:)

sgtsixpack, Aug 12, 2020

2. remove royal raid

Hello Steve,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with you are not able to uninstall “Royal Raid” app on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Click on the “Start” menu.
    • Type “appwiz.cpl” into the search field and press “Enter”. The “Uninstall or change programs” window will open.
    • Click on “royal raid” in the list of programs.
    • Click on “Uninstall”.
    • Select “Yes” when asked to confirm that you want to uninstall royal raid from your computer.
    Note: Your computer will then begin uninstalling the app and may take up to several minutes.

For reference:

I would suggest you to follow the suggestions provided by “CB Grant”
    replied on August 1, 2015 in the following Microsoft community link given below and check if that helps.

How to uninstall Windows 10 apps ?

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 12, 2020
  3. [FIXED] "Optimise Drives" lists the partitions on my 3 x HDD RAID 0 array ( C: and System Reserved ) as being Solid State Drives

...and therefore the system tool will not defrag them. chkdsk and sfc /scannow display no errors. The BIOS has nothing specifically related to SSDs and BIOS settings remain unchanged. Aida64 sees the RAID array being comprised of HDDs. msinfo32 lists
    the RAID volume as a "Fixed Hard Disk". So what's up with the disk optimiser?

I don't know how, why, or when this happened nor how to fix it. Is there a flag in the registry I can set to change the media type?

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10586.3 (64-Bit)

mobo: Rampage II Extreme

CPU: intel i7-965

storage: 3 x 600GB WD Caviar Black HDD ( Raid 0 ), Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB (note that the latter two HDDs are correctly listed as HDDs.

Anthony Neville, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Pinscher Win User

Raid optimisation

Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Raid optimisation

1. Raid optimisation - Similar Threads - Raid optimisation

2. Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK: I have a RAID configured in Microsoft Storage Spaces, it's a Parity RAID with 3 different hard drives outside of my main drive that the OS sits on. I recently lost access to the RAID, when I go to look at the Storage Pool, I can see the 'Storage Spaces' Section says 'Error...
  3. Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK: I have a RAID configured in Microsoft Storage Spaces, it's a Parity RAID with 3 different hard drives outside of my main drive that the OS sits on. I recently lost access to the RAID, when I go to look at the Storage Pool, I can see the 'Storage Spaces' Section says 'Error...
  4. Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  6. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  7. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  8. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  9. blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen stopcode 0x82460000 when sending large files to lacie6big usb raid hdd: lenovo p70. Windows 10. Teracopy file transfer. lacie 6big USB RAiD HDD - newly purchased.Trasnferring large files realised that the PC has reset itself.Try again and the time taken to reset has reduced and I see the BSOD with stopcode 0x82460000 at point of the PC...
  10. Raid optimisation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Raid optimisation: I made a thread on another forum, can you enlighten me on how best to configure AMD RaidXpert2 after configuring a RAID 10 with 64KB stripe in the bios and installing to the array only to clone to an SSD (with array used for storage): Forum - Install raid drivers on windows...