Windows 10: Raid0 booted into AHCI. Now No bootable found

Discus and support Raid0 booted into AHCI. Now No bootable found in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, *Smile nice forum, i'm glad to be here. Thanks and keep up the good work. *cake This is raid0 - 101. Day one stuff... still no fix with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by End the Fed, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Raid0 booted into AHCI. Now No bootable found

Hello, *Smile nice forum, i'm glad to be here. Thanks and keep up the good work. *cake

This is raid0 - 101. Day one stuff... still no fix with windows 10? QQ.

Raid0 booted into AHCI and now "no OS found". *Sick

Don't need my hand held through this process, unless you have command prompt fix*Party, just a quick answer or even a solution PLEASE.*Wink

At this point, feel it's a windows error/repair issue, please direct me to correct Forum location if ADMIN or anyone feels i'm in the wrong. Will personally delete this thread and move topic to the correct URL as directed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-History- I've built several pc's and have IT background would never let OS raid0 boot into AHCI. *Haha

-5am foggy eyed........ IDtenT..... *Redface I know better than to use a 3ed party driver updater! Garbage software off FileHippo, "Driver Talent" Garbage-ware caused a silent bios update/crash. Used the software on an HP elite book and it fixed the SD card reader.... So, i tried to use "driver talent" one of my Beasts for ONLY one USB peripheral "driver repair" - unable to find directly from the manufacturer.

After Driver Talent's "required restart" PC wouldn't even boot to bios. Nice pretty interface, lol some "driver talent" indeed!!! *Mad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Onboard Dr.Debugger reported 0x32 ["CPU post-memory initialization is start"]. I freaked, thinking 4.5ghz OC finally killed CPU.... disconnected everything from usb and PCI slots. Nothing, 0x32.

Thc OC was stable for years, watercooled in Obsidian 800D case, never hit 70c. [90c Tj max].

CMOS-reset did nothing.

Unplugged 1200w powersupply and removed motherboard CMOS "watch battery" and went to bed.

Next day- Nothing, 0-32 still, but it couldn't be a dead CPU.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Installed a new BIOS chip. Instant flashed most recent BIOS. [Interestingly, i wasn't able to instant flash this in del/F2 UEFI. But only with f6 instant flash. I flashed each bios via f6 in sequence. 1.0 to, 1.1 to, 1.5. to, 1.7 to, whatever next to, ect., to newest release 2.3]

Then booted into newest released BIOS. The bios looks good. UEFI looks good.*Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Set UEFI "storage config" to RAID and exit+ save changes. [crossing fingers]

Intel (Ctrl-I) sata chipset still has everything correct, names, drives, sizes. *Smile With one exception- interesting the only visable change is both raids now are now shown as "bootable". *Huh The two RAIDs on the intel chipset- 1) raid0 OS and 2) raid5 storage (.mkv ONLY). Am confused about how the .mkv files on raid5 became "bootable".

That said.... i continued.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hitting del/f2 into UEFI.

The "boot options" show 1)- the OS raid0 as "Intel 840 pro" [which is not the given name in CTRL-I] and 2)- a UEFI drive... Interestingly, the BBS show "Intel 840 pro" [not the CTRL-I name] and but the RAID5 has the correct name.

The OS raid0 is 2 Samsung 840pro. [not intel]. *Confused

**************************************************************************************************** *************************

Put Windows 10 recovery on a USB and began a "start-up" recovery. *Smile Results were looking good, hamster wheels turned and eventually it asked me to select user and enter password. {can repeat this process by disconnecting power and Cmos battery out + time [doing exactly that, again, now]}

Cannot reset or any of the options for non-advanced users. The "refresh PC" gives me a restart error like 80004000 or something close.

Have a full image (5-6days old) backed up. Although it wont' find it in "system restore" (duh), and Re-image option claims the "drive is locked" or something of that nature.

All other options have failed, thus far. *Think

If i left anything out please ask, can include images.

Thank you in advance for any advanced advice. *Thumbs

:)

End the Fed, Jan 8, 2016
  2. Oto_ Win User

Windows boot manager doesn't recognize AHCI/SATA SSD

I have an older HP laptop with Windows 10 and SSD disk. It boots in IDE mode but not when AHCI. There is issue in BIOS that I am able to set disk controller to AHCI mode but then drive is not recognized in BIOS. As the drive is not recognized I get error
    that "operational system is not found". If booted from Windows USB/CD repair or recovery disk then I see that disk is present so it is only BIOS problem that it doesn't recognize the disk. I had an idea that I could create a USB stick with Windows Boot Manager
    which would boot Windows installation from SATA. Created a bootable USB stick using bcdboot and bcdedit tools but it doesn't boot from AHCI and shows error that "boot device is not present" but the same stick works for legacy IDE booting.

Is there a AHCI driver for Windows boot manager? If not maybe some 3rd party boot managers/loaders support AHCI boot like GRUB2,GRUB4DOS, PLOP,SARDU?

Oto_, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Athlonite Win User
    SB950 RAID DRIVER Preinstall Windows 10 ???

I would also like to agree with the above statement ..... Yes RAID0 does have inherent problems that come along with not having redundancy if wish to have redundancy then use RAID0+1 or RAID5

in 15 years of using RAID0 I've only ever lost 1 HDD and that was a nasty old WD800JD 80GB SATA I HDD since then I've had RAID0 arrays using 250GB/500GB/1TB HDD's and now 2 120GB SSD's without a problem

to the op Asus does have updated raid drivers for Windows 7 x64 only and nothing for Windows 10 because AMD themselves do not provide them with a driver (which is a shame) but never the less the Windows 7 x64 driver works reliably well when using version
    3.7.1540.43 from 2012

you can also use drivers from other manufacturers that use the same AMD 99X/SB950 north/south bridge they're all interchangeable......

These are what I use under Windows 10 x64 ..... AMD AHCI RAID

Athlonite, Jan 8, 2016
Thema:

Raid0 booted into AHCI. Now No bootable found

1. Raid0 booted into AHCI. Now No bootable found - Similar Threads - Raid0 booted AHCI

2. No bootable device found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bootable device found: Hii It's been a bad day for me i was creating a partition through AOEMI partition assistant on my laptop i got 500 gb hard drive and tried to allocate the free space to another partition but i think i did some mess and deleted some partitions which don't have to be deleted...
  3. No bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bootable devices found: Hi all, I’ve been using my dell g3 3579 for a couple of years now and I recently faced this issue.. My laptop was pre installed with windows 10 and I had recently upgraded to windows 11. By default, windows had come pre installed on the ssd.. I force shut down my laptop...
  4. No bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No bootable devices found: Hi all, I’ve been using my dell g3 3579 for a couple of years now and I recently faced this issue.. My laptop was pre installed with windows 10 and I had recently upgraded to windows 11. By default, windows had come pre installed on the ssd.. I force shut down my laptop...
  5. No bootable device found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No bootable device found: I've been using my laptop for a while. My hard drive got corrupted a month back so i decided to add an m.2 ssd and install windows on that. I had left my hard drive in with the installation. Yesterday i got my hands on a 2.5 inch ssd so i decided to replace my hard drive with...
  6. no bootable device found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no bootable device found: can viruses/malware cause no bootable device found error and is there a way to fix it please respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device-found/57540b3c-73f0-44aa-9e16-8dd0da5066d5
  7. no bootable device found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no bootable device found: Hi, Because of a virus I hard reseted my DELL XPS 15 9550 with the SupportAssist tool Unfortunately it said the error: *no bootable device found* after making a boot USB stick with another computer and using it as a bootable device there were no differences! please tell me...
  8. No boot device found; PC not detecting bootable USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot device found; PC not detecting bootable USB: Hi, On March 7, 2020 I was attempting to reset my HP Flyer Red laptop, and a message appeared that said there was an issue resetting the PC. I then tried to go into the Windows Recovery and reset my PC from there. Another message appeared and said there was a problem...
  9. no bootable disc found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no bootable disc found: when starting my computer rec message no bootable disc found can this be fixed also said install operating system i dont know what happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-bootable-disc-found/a3173e48-68f1-4ae8-a99a-833cacf9de54
  10. Raid0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Raid0: Can you pair 2 SSDs as RAID 0 if they are different brands? Both of my SSDs are 128GB, but one is Samsung and the other is Toshiba. 22110