Windows 10: RAIDing Profile Drive

Discus and support RAIDing Profile Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer has the OS and such on C: and user profiles/documents on D: I want to set up RAID for D. I found out I need to clone D to a third drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by foxtrot1014, Oct 13, 2018.

1. RAIDing Profile Drive

My computer has the OS and such on C: and user profiles/documents on D:

I want to set up RAID for D. I found out I need to clone D to a third drive, set up a storage pool, then clone that third disk back to the storage pool.

I can't clone to the storage pool using macrium, I get an error saying the sector sizes are in compatible.

How can I set up RAID with two D: drives containing profiles/documents? I don't need to RAID, clone or do anything with C:.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

(maybe I should stop staying up so late on my weekends to work on my computer, maybe it'll come to me in the morning like the last issue I posted about here).

:)

foxtrot1014, Oct 13, 2018

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Oct 13, 2018
  3. [Question] Add a drive for RAID-0 or single large drive?

You do realize that for $400 for that raid investment, you could be stepping into a 512GB drive?

sneekypeet, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Pinscher Win User

RAIDing Profile Drive

Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

RAIDing Profile Drive

1. RAIDing Profile Drive - Similar Threads - RAIDing Profile Drive

2. Annoying message to setup the RAID drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying message to setup the RAID drive: I installed a new SSD to my DELL laptop. Now when I start PC before the Windows 10 launch an annoying message pops up asking to setup the RAID drive. How to get rid of this message....
  3. RAID 5 Across Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAID 5 Across Hard Drives: Hello,I am building a NAS and I have 1x 8TB HHD and 3x 3TB HHD. Can I set all 4 drives up in RAID 5 even though one drive is 8TB and not 3TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raid-5-across-hard-drives/3639c094-b898-4d9e-9af3-bd322e4aa7cf
  4. Raid boot drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Raid boot drive.: I have 2 120gb ssds in my PC. They are from different brands. Is there a way I can somehow combine both of them into a raid that makes them operate as 1 drive, then make it my windows boot drive?...
  5. “Optimization not available” for Raid drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    “Optimization not available” for Raid drive: How can I optimize my primary raid drives when "optimization not available" is shown? ***Modified title from: Windows 10 pro optimization*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optimization-not-available-for-raid-drive/1263df21-f9cd-4872-b8b0-63c14deadea6
  6. RAIDing Profile Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAIDing Profile Drive: My computer has the OS and such on C: and user profiles/documents on D: I want to set up RAID for D. I found out I need to clone D to a third drive, set up a storage pool, then clone that third disk back to the storage pool. I can't clone to the storage pool using macrium,...
  7. Raid 0 ssd drive

Raid 0 ssd drive: HI all Hope someone can help me. I have a desktop computer in raid 0 samsung ssd drive My problem I have is deleted pictures. I know that raid 0 ssd does not support trim on my p58 atx motherboard so if I delete a file I should be able to recover it? I deleted a...
  8. Raided hard drive unallocated

Raided hard drive unallocated: Hello ten forums does anyboby here can me how to fix my raided 2 hard drive without losing any data.. i encounter this. when i open my mycomputer i cannot read my hard drive and my raided drive in device manager was this. look at the picture 5%x Anybody here can...
  9. RAID Drive becomes unavailable

RAID Drive becomes unavailable: I am running Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I have a RAID drive set up on my F drive. When I turn on my system it runs fine and is available, but after the PC sits idle for some time none of the files inside of it are available. In My PC I can still see the F drive listed, but I cannot...
  10. Single drive with RAID?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Single drive with RAID?: This doesn't make sense. My new Dell 15 XPS (9550) laptop has the BIOS SATA setting set to RAID (not AHCI) and yet it has a single internal OS NVMe PCIe SSD. Any idea why it's not set to AHCI? thanks 54722