Windows 10: Ram 4 slot Question

Discus and support Ram 4 slot Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chubalz, Mar 15, 2019.

1. chubalz Win User

Ram 4 slot Question

I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues.

I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed.

But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz.

Already cleared CMOS jumper.

I even tried my 2 new ram inserting it without my 2 other old ram and it works fine on 2800mhz.

I have the latest Bios on my motherboard.

Could be 4 ram same model and speed has issues if inserted 4 slot vs 2 slot only?

:)

chubalz, Mar 15, 2019

2. Ram slot

Greetings my friend. Like 'Mike P', my dell has only two slots as well. There are several laptops that have four (4) ram slots. Lenovo, ASUS, some HP's and some dell's. I would suggest going to a website like newegg.com, or other computer accessory place,
    and looking at their memory/ram selections. Reading their details should provide some insight as to the number of slots.

Of course, if your budget allows, the more ram you have, the better the laptop will be.

I hope this helps.

Derek

DerekW USA, Mar 15, 2019
  3. DoItJust Win User
    DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Ram 4 slot Question

Ram slot

Hi,

I upgraded my pc ram to 8gb. When i opened the panel and checked the ram slot i saw just two and task manager is showing 4 slots. Is this right?

Ram 4 slot Question 9ed8185a-eef3-497f-9a93-fa23200a3413.png

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

petertaiwo, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Ram 4 slot Question

1. Ram 4 slot Question - Similar Threads - Ram slot Question

2. RAM Sticks Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Sticks Question: So, I've got an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard and I'm currently using Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 mhz PC2 6400 (240 pin) RAM sticks. I want to change the RAM I have and upgrade to 16GB (4 x 4GB sticks) but for some reason all I see is AMD-only RAM. My motherboard has an Intel...
  3. Ram 4 slot Question

Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  4. RAM questions

RAM questions: Thank you once again! I will let it be as it is. I don't feel like tinkering in the BIOS any more. Everything is running smooth and fast (for me) right now. I agree. You already have the FSB overclocked, I would not engage with overclocking the memory as well. If you do OC...
  5. upgrading ram question

upgrading ram question: i want to add another 8gb of corsair vengence lpx ram but the only speed they seem to have is 2400mhz when the one i originally had was 2133mhz is this a problem? 98019
  6. System not detecting slot 1 with 4GB RAM.

System not detecting slot 1 with 4GB RAM.: Hi, My laptop came installed with a 4GB RAM in slot2. The other slot has been free. Today I bought another 4GB module with same specifications and after inserting to slot1, it did not get detected. I swapped the modules, and the new RAM is functioning perfectly. However,...
  7. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

RAM Or mobo ram slot problem: Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having BSOD saying "Machine check exception". I've tried every solutions online but it doesnt fix the problem, every time I try to...
  8. BSOD when using a certain RAM slot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using a certain RAM slot: Hello I've been having this BSOD issue for quite some time now during certain games and finally decided I should do something about it. Things I have done already: formatted my pc memtest (two times overnight no issues found) Updated bios to a new version but not the...
  9. DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?: New PC conf. and I got RAM question, shall I put the memory sticks in SLOT 1/3 or stay with my current setup 2/4? Intel Core i7-4790 3.6g 1150 Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 DDR3 1600 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP 16GB (2X8) 240PIN DDR3 1600 SAPPHIRE RADEAON R9 380 NITRO 4GB DDR5...
  10. Question on RAM

Question on RAM: I have a HP Pavilion G7 1268 us Notebook with 8 GB of RAM and am replacing it with a HP 15-f233wn Notebook. I would like to take 4GB of RAM from the G7 1268 and putting it in the 15-f233. I’m not sure if it will work. Thanks, Frank 70494