Windows 10: Ram Allocation Issues

Discus and support Ram Allocation Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I'm new(ish) to windows, and I can't seem to figure out how to increase the committed (Allocated) memory for a specific program. I have 65,536... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brayden Dyck, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Ram Allocation Issues

Hey,

I'm new(ish) to windows, and I can't seem to figure out how to increase the committed (Allocated) memory for a specific program. I have 65,536 MB installed RAM, however the program has 4600 MB committed to it, and maxes it out whenever its running. There is 49,360 MB in standby, and 16,000 in use. because of the almost always steady 16,000 MB, it seems windows is capping the usable memory to 16 gigs. Anyone had this happen?

Note: I'm running windows 10

:)

Brayden Dyck, Sep 1, 2019

2. allocate a portion of storage ram tovirtual ram

is it possible to allocate storage ram to virtual ram, thereby increasing speed of process?

cherylbrown2, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Ram Allocation Issues

Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Ram Allocation Issues

1. Ram Allocation Issues - Similar Threads - Ram Allocation Issues

2. Parameter "Allocated" in RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parameter "Allocated" in RAM: Hi everyone!I noticed that when running even a small number of active programs, such as Chrome browser, Telegram messenger and a couple of background applications Logitech, MSI, Malwarbytes firewall the difference between memory data from "used" and "allocated" is almost 3...
  3. Parameter "Allocated" in RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parameter "Allocated" in RAM: Hi everyone!I noticed that when running even a small number of active programs, such as Chrome browser, Telegram messenger and a couple of background applications Logitech, MSI, Malwarbytes firewall the difference between memory data from "used" and "allocated" is almost 3...
  4. Parameter "Allocated" in RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Parameter "Allocated" in RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Parameter "Allocated" in RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Parameter "Allocated" in RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. allocate more ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    allocate more ram: So I'm trying to run a mincraft server on my windows 10 pc using java -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M -jar server.jar nogui but i get Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap is there a way for me to get pass that?...
  9. Allocating RAM as dedicated VRAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocating RAM as dedicated VRAM?: I'm currently wrestling with Monster Hunter: World, trying to force it to behave and run properly. The issue is that I'm playing at 1440P with the HD texture pack, which requires just shy of 8GB of Vram... My card is a 2060, which means I have only 6Gb. The good news is...
  10. Allocating more ram to Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allocating more ram to Java: how do I add more Ram to Java 32 bit windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allocating-more-ram-to-java/35f72210-ac90-451a-8589-5a8bc7ecef02