Windows 10: Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10

Discus and support Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been like this for a few weeks now. Before then, everything was fine. disk usage up to 100% and ram high when playing Minecraft even... unplayable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by flawlesspx, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10

Been like this for a few weeks now. Before then, everything was fine. disk usage up to 100% and ram high when playing Minecraft even... unplayable.

Sure there's no malware and my hdd seems to be healthy. Thinking of buying an ssd.

I have 8gb DDR4 ram, GTX 1060 3gb, Ryzen 5 2600 g processor.

Tried all of the youtube solution/ fix videos. None helped in the slightest.

Disk usage gets high when playing any given game whatsoever. Just new ram and an ssd??

Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10 278ce68d-e0d9-4993-b5ed-9f7ffda8f319?upload=true.png

:)

flawlesspx, Sep 7, 2019

2. High disk usage and Ram usage

I am using Dell laptop with 8gb ram ddr3 and 5200rpm hardrive.

Hardrive has very high usage during startup and ram too .

Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10 6c75695c-81f8-40f0-bb39-2ebf254ab012.png

Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10 c7b6b71a-83a9-4474-bc50-583d17e9e4d6.png
    both
    pictueres are of almost same time and see the difference in ram usage what is it.

Disk usage becomes normal after 5minutes of booting the pc but before that it remains hanged and diskusage is almost 100%

I request you to help me with this problem.

Thank you.

NabinBogati, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Hard disk and ram high usage

I'm using windows 10 with the latest version 1803. I was facing a problem that is 100% usage of disk from a long ago. Recently, I did something as mentioned in various sites to fix 100% usage. But after opening the Laptop, hard disk usage remains 100% for
    some while. And when I try to open larger software such as, Premiere pro, After effect etc

But after a few seconds, hard disk usage comes down to 0-10%.

And often, hard disk usage remain 90-100%

RAM

Before two months ago, I would use a version of windows 10 (1709) . When I would open task bar, I would see that ram usage is below 23% with no task. but when I re-setup my pc with the same version of windows 10 and opened the task bar, I saw, ram usage
    is 26% with no task.

Why did ram usage get higher ?

Why such is happening !!!!

N:B: My hard disk is 500 GB and 72% empty and ram is 8 GB

Mysterious Atmosphere, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Rohn007 Win User

Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10

100% High Disk Usage

Thats a little tricky, it is not any single program or service.

Here are links to some articles on run away disk use. Maybe one of the techniques they used will help you ...

2018 01 04- TOP 10 WAYS TO FIX HIGH CPU/RAM/MEMORY USAGE AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE–

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-hig...

Many users reported that RAM and CPU usage went up after installing Windows 10. The detailed situations of this Windows 10 high RAM/CPU memory usage issue are like that

. 1 Registry Hack

. 2 Utility to fix Driver issue

. 3 Manual fix for Driver Issue

. 4 Adjust Performance settings

. 5 Check Task Manager for RAM use

. 6 Disable unneeded Programs at startup

. 7 Defrag HD

. 8 Close apps

. 9 Virus scan system

. 10 Restart Computer

READ MORE – SEVERAL LINKS FOR 100% HIGH CPU / RAM / FAN

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/stop-whats-rev...

Top 10 Ways to Fix High CPU/RAM/Memory Usage after Windows 10 Update

Fix Windows 10 High Memory Usage/Leak after the Creators Update

Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage after Windows 10 Creators Update
    https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/wmi-pro...

Fix Computer Fan Noise Due to High CPU Usage on Windows 10
    https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-com...

2018 02 23- 10 TIPS TO FIX 100% DISK USAGE & IMPROVE WINDOWS PERFORMANCE

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-tips-fix-100-di...

. 1 Anti Malware

. 2. Disable Windows Search

. 3 Disable SuperFetch

. 4 Flash Player plugin

. 5 Skype

. 6 PCI-Express Firmware

. 7 Diagnostic Tracking

. 8 Windows Update

. 9 Virtual Memory

. 10 Turn on High Performance Mode

WIN10 100% DISK USAGE (SPIN NOT SPACE) PROBLEM

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-100-pe...

<snip>

In the Task Manager, under Performance tab, the disk utilization reaches to 100% due to which system became lagging and unresponsive. It started freezing in few moments and this keeps happening until disk usage reduces from 100%.

Control panel > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Processor Power Management > Maximum Processor state.

Also, once I start Chrome 64, it uses lots of cpu and ram to do absolutely nothing.

</snip>

Rohn007, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10

1. Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Ram disk usage

2. High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram Usage: Hi there, So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 itlo5 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows which removes all...
  3. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram usage: I recently shifted from from using linux to windows and out of 8 gigs of ram 6.2 gigs is used just with 4 tabs of edge and 2 light weight apps open. The cpu temp is also averaging about 55-60 degree C, although cpu consumption is not high . Is this normal for windows 10(Last...
  4. Very high disk usage on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very high disk usage on startup: Hi... I'm using windows 10 home and I'm having a problem of very high disk usage... Idling at 100% until I use other applications and games.I also noticed that 'System' and 'Sysmain' causes the usage and sometimes 'Windows cryptographic service' and some other windows...
  5. Ram and CPU usage is very high

Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  6. Very high RAM usage with no apps running

Very high RAM usage with no apps running: Hi, Task manager shows that I use around 70% of my RAM, although there isn't really anything running. The RAM usage increases over time and can even reach 100%.If I restart, the RAM usage drops at 30%. I have 8GBs of RAM and have Windows 10 Version 2004 installed. This...
  7. High RAM/Disk Usage

High RAM/Disk Usage: Antimalware Service Executable takes up too much of memory usage typically taking up almost 50% of my RAM at all times with sudden high disk usage at times. I have reset my laptop windows and tried a bunch of other stuff as well and am unable to solve this problem. Any help...
  8. Windows 10 often freezing with 100% disk usage and very high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 often freezing with 100% disk usage and very high RAM usage: My laptop often freezes when using basic apps such as Firefox or WhatsApp. It's been 2 years since it gradually started to slow down. I tried to follow the steps shown in this video : Disque dur à 100% d'utilisation, la solution, but I didn't encounter any lag only for few...
  9. Very high disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high disk usage: *Confused What's happening guys, I've decided to finally let the experts assist me since I've been really yanking my nerves and wasting time on maybe bad thought solutions. Okay so the issue is I'm getting a constant high disk usage without even having anything running...
  10. My ram and cpu usage is very high

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My ram and cpu usage is very high: Hey guys my cpu and ram usage is pretty high when im not even doing anything. Screenshot its on swedish but next to CPU is Memory. i found something called poolmon in windows kits where i could see if there was a driver that was using all the cpu and ram but i cant...