Windows 10: Ram and Disk

Discus and support Ram and Disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i recently upgraded to win 10 on this win 7 system and the ram usage for system is over the top at 2.4 gb and only gives me 1.6 gb available (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anthony Shen, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Ram and Disk

So i recently upgraded to win 10 on this win 7 system and the ram usage for system is over the top at 2.4 gb and only gives me 1.6 gb available (not even only gives me 400 mb while on my newer laptops it gives me 15.9 gb) also Disk usage is at 100% for nothing. Im just trying to refubish this computer cause im kinda bored. Also is there anyway I can make this computer a monitor.Ram and Disk [​IMG]Ram and Disk [​IMG]Ram and Disk [​IMG]

:)

Anthony Shen, Aug 8, 2018

2. Is RAM Disk worth it?

like everyone suggested, Ram DIsk really didnt make a difference on my personal rig. There was a tutorial while back t hat said firefox/ browsing could be sped up putting temp files on ram disk but loading new pages was slower, restart comp was a little slower, oveall not really worth it. For now

dr0thegreatest, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Ram and Disk

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Ram and Disk :D

DrunkenMafia, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Ram and Disk

1. Ram and Disk - Similar Threads - Ram Disk

2. Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM: A short while since March 15th I noticed an irregularity of disk space which marked a steady decline in my PC speed and response time. In mid-March, I noticed that permanently deleting large files wouldn't be reflected through available space and that the opposite would be...
  3. Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM: A short while since March 15th I noticed an irregularity of disk space which marked a steady decline in my PC speed and response time. In mid-March, I noticed that permanently deleting large files wouldn't be reflected through available space and that the opposite would be...
  4. Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer: I have not made any changes to this PC for about 2 years. All of a sudden it is not showing my RAM in Disk Management and File Explorer. Please help I am unable to use my PC for gaming because it's saying drives are missing or I don't have storage....
  6. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer: I have not made any changes to this PC for about 2 years. All of a sudden it is not showing my RAM in Disk Management and File Explorer. Please help I am unable to use my PC for gaming because it's saying drives are missing or I don't have storage....
  7. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...: I have noticed for several days that memory usage on a Windows 11 laptop I have been setting up has been creeping higher first noticed at 80% or so, but task manager isn't showing any processes even under detailed using much memory.It's up to 99% used now, and disk thrashing...
  9. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...: I have noticed for several days that memory usage on a Windows 11 laptop I have been setting up has been creeping higher first noticed at 80% or so, but task manager isn't showing any processes even under detailed using much memory.It's up to 99% used now, and disk thrashing...
  10. why this option is not shwoing what to do my pc specs i5 5th gen 500gb hard disk 8gb ram...

in Windows 10 Customization
    why this option is not shwoing what to do my pc specs i5 5th gen 500gb hard disk 8gb ram...: what to do pls help i want for new win 10 copoillot feature https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-this-option-is-not-shwoing-what-to-do-my-pc/5a312ad1-559f-440a-beb4-ba53c1ec9e94