Windows 10: RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle

Discus and support RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It has been like this for a week. I ran a malwarebytes scan it showed no threats ram from task manager: https://imgur.com/a/g3C43dI submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarthTurska, Aug 1, 2020 at 1:37 AM.

1. RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle

/u/DarthTurska, Aug 1, 2020 at 1:37 AM

2. Windows Using Upwards of 60% RAM when Idle

Hey community,

I've noticed when my system is idle (nothing actively open), it's using 50% to 60% RAM. I've searched around a bunch and tried some suggestions, but none have fixed the issue. I've booted into safe mode in an attempt to find the source of the issue but wasn't
    able to as the system idled at only 15%.

My computer has 16 GB of RAM, but I can really only use half of it. Looking through the running processes in Task Manager and Resource Monitor, the usage values don't even add up to the amount used - something hidden is using a bunch of extra RAM.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

System Specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k

16 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB

Let me know if I need to provide more information.

3. cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc

Hi Experts,

I need your suggestions for the issue i am facing.

recently upgraded to window 10 1093.

since then i am having issues with my pc.

When i open the chrome to browse the cpu usage showing 100% and ram to 50-60%.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rithvik Rai

4. BossDweeb Win User

RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

"ram usage at idle is 60%"

- Not a fix for your unknown RAM use (Greg's suggestions should help with that), and this only adds up to a bit under 1GB use but...

A system is not at idle with around eight Chrome browser Windows and tabs open.

Discord, and two active searches. Not to mention a system hogging 'Anti-malware' program.

Desktop Window Manager is using more than usual as well.

- It looks like you have a bit of DELL bloatware running too.

- What is the RAM use straight after re-booting Windows ?

Thema:

RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle

1. RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle - Similar Threads - RAM 50% 60%

2. 16Gb RAM on Ideapad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16Gb RAM on Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  3. 16GB Ram for Ideapad?

16GB Ram for Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  4. 50% or more of RAM being used while idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    50% or more of RAM being used while idle: Hello! As stated in the title my PC is somehow using 50% of RAM while just being idle (antivirus and such running). What should I do ? I already tried the HKEY stuff and it did not help I have 8 GB of RAM Task Manager: https://imgur.com/gFZ3ShA RAMMap:...
  5. cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc

cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc: Hi Experts, I need your suggestions for the issue i am facing. recently upgraded to window 10 1093. since then i am having issues with my pc. When i open the chrome to browse the cpu usage showing 100% and ram to 50-60%. Please suggest. Regards, Rithvik Rai...
  6. 50% of my RAM being used at an almost idle state (70% when posting this)

50% of my RAM being used at an almost idle state (70% when posting this): [ATTACH] Hey guys, I have formatted my PC a few days ago and I'm having a problem with my RAM, at start up it's taking 50% with almost no programs running. When I open Chrome it takes up to 65%. Any help please? I tried most of the troubleshoots like editing some...
  7. 50% of Ram In Use While Idle and After Boot

50% of Ram In Use While Idle and After Boot: Hello, every time I boot up my laptop my RAM usage is always 40% or higher. I have a laptop "Omen by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx" and it came installed with 8GB ram, up until recently everything was working as expected but I tried to play ARK Survival and noticed my RAM usage was not...
  8. ram usage is more than 50 percent even when it is idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ram usage is more than 50 percent even when it is idle: Restarting doesn't seem to help. like , the non pool memory usage is more than 500mb when it is checked at once the laptop is powered on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage-is-more-than-50-percent-even-when-it-is/1790384e-1e68-4f6a-9252-99d5df96961f
  9. Windows Using Upwards of 60% RAM when Idle

Windows Using Upwards of 60% RAM when Idle: Hey community, I've noticed when my system is idle (nothing actively open), it's using 50% to 60% RAM. I've searched around a bunch and tried some suggestions, but none have fixed the issue. I've booted into safe mode in an attempt to find the source of the issue but wasn't...
  10. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%: i got a new laptop and the ram usage at idle is 60% with 8gb of ram in games like rust they ram is running 90% and only using 4gb for rust this makes the game unplayable i would like to know if i will just have to buy more ram or a can clear up some space. below are my ram...