Windows 10: RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle

Discus and support RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It has been like this for a week. I ran a malwarebytes scan it showed no threats ram from task manager: https://imgur.com/a/g3C43dI submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarthTurska, Aug 1, 2020.

1. RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle

/u/DarthTurska, Aug 1, 2020

2. Windows Using Upwards of 60% RAM when Idle

Hey community,

I've noticed when my system is idle (nothing actively open), it's using 50% to 60% RAM. I've searched around a bunch and tried some suggestions, but none have fixed the issue. I've booted into safe mode in an attempt to find the source of the issue but wasn't
    able to as the system idled at only 15%.

My computer has 16 GB of RAM, but I can really only use half of it. Looking through the running processes in Task Manager and Resource Monitor, the usage values don't even add up to the amount used - something hidden is using a bunch of extra RAM.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

System Specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k

16 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB

Let me know if I need to provide more information.

CyberGen49, Aug 1, 2020
  3. cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc

Hi Experts,

I need your suggestions for the issue i am facing.

recently upgraded to window 10 1093.

since then i am having issues with my pc.

When i open the chrome to browse the cpu usage showing 100% and ram to 50-60%.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rithvik Rai

rithvikrai, Aug 1, 2020
  4. BossDweeb Win User

RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

"ram usage at idle is 60%"

- Not a fix for your unknown RAM use (Greg's suggestions should help with that), and this only adds up to a bit under 1GB use but...

A system is not at idle with around eight Chrome browser Windows and tabs open.

Discord, and two active searches. Not to mention a system hogging 'Anti-malware' program.

Desktop Window Manager is using more than usual as well.

- It looks like you have a bit of DELL bloatware running too.

- What is the RAM use straight after re-booting Windows ?

BossDweeb, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle

1. RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle - Similar Threads - RAM 50% 60%

2. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  3. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  4. 16gb RAM running at 50% idle, and 95-98% when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16gb RAM running at 50% idle, and 95-98% when gaming: HI! Below is a link to my pc build and specs, I have also attached a screenshot from the resource monitor: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/D29NnQI have enabled XMP and am not using a fresh copy of windows as it booted to an old SSD I had installed. Not adept in bios settings or...
  5. 16gb RAM running at 50% idle, and 95-98% when gaming

16gb RAM running at 50% idle, and 95-98% when gaming: HI! Below is a link to my pc build and specs, I have also attached a screenshot from the resource monitor: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/D29NnQI have enabled XMP and am not using a fresh copy of windows as it booted to an old SSD I had installed. Not adept in bios settings or...
  6. 16gb RAM running at 50% idle, and 95-98% when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE: I have a HP laptop with intel i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60HZ and 8GB RAM. Its bootup time is almost 5 minutes and even when I am not using any windows applications or running just one tab in the Chrome browser the RAM utilization becomes 50% or more. On running 5-6 tabs in Chrome the...
  8. 50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE

50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE: I have a HP laptop with intel i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60HZ and 8GB RAM. Its bootup time is almost 5 minutes and even when I am not using any windows applications or running just one tab in the Chrome browser the RAM utilization becomes 50% or more. On running 5-6 tabs in Chrome the...
  9. Memory Usage when idling at ~50%-60%

Memory Usage when idling at ~50%-60%: When my laptop is idling nothing open, just after restart the memory is always at about 50%. Is this a normal thing?Specs: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Screenshot of...
  10. 16gb ram 50% idle usage incredibly laggy onedrive/file explorer

16gb ram 50% idle usage incredibly laggy onedrive/file explorer: I recently got an alienware aurora r10 gaming pc around in July. Here are my specs. The ram usable is around 50% idle which is not normal. [ATTACH][ATTACH] Here is my task manager idle. [ATTACH] File explorer is also incredibly laggy at times. Especially when that green...