Windows 10: Ram being used by an unknown source that is not a user? (I only have one user)

Discus and support Ram being used by an unknown source that is not a user? (I only have one user) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sciencyguy207 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sciencyguy207, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Ram being used by an unknown source that is not a user? (I only have one user)

/u/sciencyguy207, Jun 29, 2020

2. RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable

First of all, thank you for your response.

Second, the solutions you've given me, all relate to either the source of the issue being visible in task manager or they are solutions to bad RAM. Only the first one actually relates to the source of the high RAM usage not being visible in task manager,
    but for me, the source is not even visible in poolmon.

Also, I find it very peculiar that it says my user account is only using 1 GB of RAM the last time I checked and the system was using 4 GB of RAM.

So, I would be very if you would further help me locate the source of my high RAM usage.

Kelvin Bouma, Jun 29, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

Ram being used by an unknown source that is not a user? (I only have one user) [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Steve_809 Win User

Ram being used by an unknown source that is not a user? (I only have one user)

Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Ram being used by an unknown source that is not a user? (I only have one user)

1. Ram being used by an unknown source that is not a user? (I only have one user) - Similar Threads - Ram being used

2. Only one ram being used after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one ram being used after BSOD: So recently my laptop had a Blue Screen of Death, I can't remember the error code exactly but it was something about the kernel, When it rebooted I noticed my laptop was slower then usual and apparently there's only 8gb of ram. Even though I have 16gb and both the ram are in...
  3. Only one ram being used after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one ram being used after BSOD: So recently my laptop had a Blue Screen of Death, I can't remember the error code exactly but it was something about the kernel, When it rebooted I noticed my laptop was slower then usual and apparently there's only 8gb of ram. Even though I have 16gb and both the ram are in...
  4. Only one ram being used after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disconnected user using RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnected user using RAM: Hi.I've recently saw that an user who is disconnected is still using process and, obviously, RAM storage.I've got 2 users on my computer Microsoft account, me and my girlfriend. When I go on Task Manager in tab "User", i can see her profile, saying disconnected, but still...
  6. Disconnected user using RAM

Disconnected user using RAM: Hi.I've recently saw that an user who is disconnected is still using process and, obviously, RAM storage.I've got 2 users on my computer Microsoft account, me and my girlfriend. When I go on Task Manager in tab "User", i can see her profile, saying disconnected, but still...
  7. Disconnected user using RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnected user using RAM: Hi.I've recently saw that an user who is disconnected is still using process and, obviously, RAM storage.I've got 2 users on my computer local users, me and my girlfriend. When I go on Task Manager in tab "User", i can see her profile, saying disconnected, but still using...
  8. Disconnected user using RAM

Disconnected user using RAM: Hi.I've recently saw that an user who is disconnected is still using process and, obviously, RAM storage.I've got 2 users on my computer local users, me and my girlfriend. When I go on Task Manager in tab "User", i can see her profile, saying disconnected, but still using...
  9. Unknown user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user: Hello! Today I checked the security of an application in the properties menu and noticed a strange one namely two unknown accounts that do not have permission and I want to ask if this is okay? I also looked at someone else's machine but there was only one and with...
  10. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user: I was curious about the version of my windows so I checked and I found a user that I haven't heard of under the "this product is listed under microsoft software license terms " is this normal or is my system compromised I did not create this user. [ATTACH]...