Windows 10: RAM BSODS every 2 weeks or so after updating to Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support RAM BSODS every 2 weeks or so after updating to Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So. After updating to 20H2 I have been getting RAM BSODS every few weeks. The first one was when updating to 20H2, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT right in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by win7betterthanwin8, Apr 7, 2021.

1. RAM BSODS every 2 weeks or so after updating to Windows 10 20H2

So. After updating to 20H2 I have been getting RAM BSODS every few weeks. The first one was when updating to 20H2, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT right in the middle of it. Retried the update and no issues for a few weeks. The BSODS are almost always FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE. I ran the built in memory diagnostic and nothing. I ran SFC, nothing. I think my hard drive might be going because even though WMIC and CrystalDiskInfo say it is ok, I hear clicking, although it is barely audible over the fans.

:)

win7betterthanwin8, Apr 7, 2021

2. Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks

So for the last few months, I've been seeing a pattern with my BSODs. It runs fine for a week or 2, then randomly, for maybe a day or 2, I will experience very frequent BSODs - it's a healthy mix of IRQL Not less or equal, Status Service Exception (most
    frequent), Page fault in nonpaged area, Attempted to readonly memory, Kmode Exception

I'll troubleshoot to the best of my ability (sfc and DISM scans, update windows, update drivers, system restore, Memory Diagnostic, reseating RAM, buying new RAM, trying different RAM slots, etc -
    please don't suggest these again, I've exhaustively repeated them at this point with no long term stable results.) and the BSOD's will continue until, out of nowhere, the BSODs will stop and the
    PC will continue to run perfectly fine for the next week or so...and then the process will randomly start over.

Windows 10 x64 - build 19041

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

GPU: GTX 1050 Ti

MOBO: ASRock B450M Pro 4

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P3.60

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR4-3200

Could anyone analyze the last 4 dump files and the larger MEMORY file and tell me what is going on?

dmp and sys

*I've also noticed that Chrome will suddenly crash while watching YouTube with a "System Service Exception" error, and that's often a sign that my suffering is to begin again

Thanks guys

KevinAnacta, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Apr 7, 2021
  4. RAM BSODS every 2 weeks or so after updating to Windows 10 20H2

BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2 - Electric Boogaloo

Hello

I'm attempting to upgrade to 20H2 but have been stopped for the last couple of months by BSOD incurred by Intel Engine Management Interface.

I came across this thread which seemed promissing as the person involved had the same motherboard as and seemingly the same cause.
    I tried all of the suggestions in that thread in order to figure out what the cause or fix could be. Sadly none of them worked.

These are the steps I undertook in order:
    - Reseated the RAM (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)
    - Clean install (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)
    - Installed msi intel Management provided by MSI (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)
    - Disabled the device in device Management (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)

I've ran a short memtest to see if any quick issues popped and that was not the case.

RAM BSODS every 2 weeks or so after updating to Windows 10 20H2 [​IMG]

I've updated the information on my profile to reflect my device as accurately as possible.

Log Files below
    DESKTOP-OGA4PO6-(2021-01-21_17-13-14).zip

DeWulfJens, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

RAM BSODS every 2 weeks or so after updating to Windows 10 20H2

1. RAM BSODS every 2 weeks or so after updating to Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - RAM BSODS every

2. Sudden massive slowdown once every 2 weeks or so.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden massive slowdown once every 2 weeks or so.: Since getting this new machine in October, there have occasionally been instances where everything suddenly slows down dramatically. During these times, the mouse cursor is still reactive and moves the same, but it takes 15-30 seconds for anything on the system to registered...
  3. Sudden massive slowdown once every 2 weeks or so.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden massive slowdown once every 2 weeks or so.: Since getting this new machine in October, there have occasionally been instances where everything suddenly slows down dramatically. During these times, the mouse cursor is still reactive and moves the same, but it takes 15-30 seconds for anything on the system to registered...
  4. Windows 10 bsods every week...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 bsods every week...: Okay, I had this problem since I got my pc last year, May or something, but that shouldn't matter?, it crashes very frequently, like every week, sometimes once, somtimes twice a week, it just keeps happening, it always says SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, also the newest one I got...
  5. Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks

Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks: So for the last few months, I've been seeing a pattern with my BSODs. It runs fine for a week or 2, then randomly, for maybe a day or 2, I will experience very frequent BSODs - it's a healthy mix of IRQL Not less or equal, Status Service Exception most frequent, Page fault in...
  6. Near constant BSOD 2 weeks after updatinng RAM and SSD... is this faulty hardware or a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Near constant BSOD 2 weeks after updatinng RAM and SSD... is this faulty hardware or a...: 2 weeks ago I upgraded my Dell Precision 7530 to 128 GB (4 x 32 GB) of RAM and 6 TB ( 2 x 2TB NvMe SSD) of storage from 16 GB ( 2 x 8 GB) and 500 GB ( 1 x 500 GB SSD). I had a professional do it for my work computer. I use programs that on average take up to 25 - 30 GB of RAM...
  7. BSOD Every Week

BSOD Every Week: Hi, I keep getting a Blue screen almost every week. I recently built this computer and all works well except every week or so i get a blue screen. Below is the link to the most recent dump files, system info and drivers...
  8. Seemingly random ntoskrnl BSOD every 2-3 weeks

Seemingly random ntoskrnl BSOD every 2-3 weeks: Hello, hopefully someone here can clear up this mystery for me. I've had a stable system on my Ryzen 5 1600, but since installing the new Ryzen 5 3600 (no other components have changed) I've been getting seemingly random BSODs, about every two weeks (usually just browsing...
  9. 2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

2 BSOD's in 2 weeks: Installed W10 Pro on a freshly built system in January. In July, I got 2 BSODs. Can someone assist me with figuring out what happened and how to resolve it? 1. POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA. I got this when I was doing drive cleanup. Bug Check String :...
  10. BSOD Again after 2 weeks of fixing it

BSOD Again after 2 weeks of fixing it: Last 2 months i had a huge probleme sudenly ! and while playing a game i get BSOD , i tried to fix it a lot of times nothing worked!! so i tried reset my pc , i did and after updating windows i got it again , i did reset my pc again , nothing changed , so i changed my HDD...