Windows 10: RAM build up / leak

Discus and support RAM build up / leak in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey all, so my work computer has an issue where if I leave the computer open for too long, the RAM usage will simply build up continuously. This is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fenrir0wulf, Oct 16, 2020.

1. RAM build up / leak

Hey all, so my work computer has an issue where if I leave the computer open for too long, the RAM usage will simply build up continuously. This is to the point where I will start having difficulty working with some of my more RAM intesnive applications (Davinci Resolve, Photoshop, VMware and the like) to the point where they will simply crash from running out of memory space. I've taken screenshots of my Rainmeter over 2 days to show (for the record, Rainmeter simply shows the exact same stats as written in the task manager).

RAM build up / leak [​IMG]

I've looked at some other threads and the other thing I've noticed is that the task manager is reporting an abnormally high paged pool.

Now obviously, the issue "gets resolved" when I restart the computer, however, I frankly feel I shouldn't need to restart more than once a week. As it stands right now, I need to restart every single day, otherwise, anything RAM intensive will straight up crash or Blue Screen. Also, this issue is not present on some of my other computers (though I will need to check closer).

Here are the specs of the computer I'm having problems with.

Windows 10 2004

Any ideas?

:)

fenrir0wulf, Oct 16, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Oct 16, 2020
  3. yash12396 Win User
    RAM Leak in windows 10 build 14393

Hi everyone,

since the update to anniversary version, my laptop has random memory leaks occurring. random in the sense can happen anytime or not at all in whole day/week. i didnt know about the leak and thought it might be a s/w problem, so i uninstalled some old programs.
    it ran fine until some times, it just froze the os. restarting forcefully clears the problem. i came to know about memory leak after i installed rainmeter and to the surprise, ram and pagefile space usage went 100%. i tried sfc command, dism command but no
    solution. i also clicked check for updates on every single driver. some of them had update but the issue is still persisting(the leak frequency went low tbh). i dont want to refresh or reset as this is a upgrade from windows 7 machine. in build 10586 there
    was no issue. please somebody help me.

yash12396, Oct 16, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

RAM build up / leak

Possible Memory Leaks in Windows 10

A memory leak occurs when an application closes and fails to release all its RAM back to the operating system.

The first step in dealing with a memory leak is to determine which application is leaking memory.

The next step is to contact that application's technical support with complete details of the memory leak, since the developers will want to fix the problem ASAP.

BulldogXX, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

RAM build up / leak

1. RAM build up / leak - Similar Threads - RAM build leak

2. Windows 11 Build 21996 Is LEAKED!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Build 21996 Is LEAKED!: Hello There Microsoft. Well Did You Know?. Windows 11 Build 21996 Was Leaked. I Just Found The Download From The archive.org. And Then It Just Say It Was Leaked...
  3. Ram leak for all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram leak for all games: I'm having a huge ram leak on all games. All that I got play and keep up with dumping the ram is World of Warcraft classic and classic BC and other game crashes within launch or 2 minutes in. World of Warcraft Classic BC gets up to 2000mb plus in a minute. Is there is fix for...
  4. Ram leak for all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram leak for all games: I'm having a huge ram leak on all games. All that I got play and keep up with dumping the ram is World of Warcraft classic and classic BC and other game crashes within launch or 2 minutes in. World of Warcraft Classic BC gets up to 2000mb plus in a minute. Is there is fix for...
  5. RAM build up / leak

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM build up / leak: Hey all, so my work computer has an issue where if I leave the computer open for too long, the RAM usage will simply build up continuously. This is to the point where I will start having difficulty working with some of my more RAM intesnive applications (Davinci Resolve,...
  6. Driver RAM Leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver RAM Leak: Hello! I've been having some issues with RAM for a while, it being that my RAM has been eaten up by the non-paged pool, reaching up to 1.2GB at times (I have only 8GB) and it gets in the way. I already know it's a driver leak, or so I've been told, so I'd like to see if...
  7. Chromium Edge Leaked Stable Build

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge Leaked Stable Build: Hi, Has any other user in here tried/checked this out yet ?? Chromium-based Microsoft Edge's Stable Build Leaks - Thurrott.com 141150
  8. Windows 10 build 10125 is leaked

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10125 is leaked: 10125 has now been leaked hope Microsoft will release it sometime soon too 6332
  9. Windows 10 build 10064 leaked screenshots show up

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10064 leaked screenshots show up: The past few weeks have been fruitful for Windows 10 fans with a new mobile build released and even a leaked build of the desktop version showing up online as well. Even though we do not have a new leaked build to play with this week, the next best thing, screenshots, from a...
  10. Build 10163 Release Notes Leaked

in Windows 10 News
    Build 10163 Release Notes Leaked: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date