Windows 10: RAM cap?

Discus and support RAM cap? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is CM404, I have an HP Pavilion x360 - 11m-ad113dx. It has one slot for RAM. It currently has 4GB of RAM and i need to upgrade preferably to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CM404, Jun 22, 2020.

1. CM404 Win User

RAM cap?

This is CM404,

I have an HP Pavilion x360 - 11m-ad113dx. It has one slot for RAM. It currently has 4GB of RAM and i need to upgrade preferably to 16GB RAM but my users guide says that it can only go up to 8GB RAM. When I run the Command Prompt command:wmic memphysical get maxcapacity and do the conversion kilobytes to gigabytes my machine says it can handle 16GB RAM. I would like to know several things.

1. Why does my OEM manual say the limit is 8GB RAM?
    2. Why does my Command Prompt say 16GB RAM?
    3. Which is the correct option?

Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,

CM404

:)

CM404, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 22, 2020
  3. SamElad Win User
    Cat killed my CAP LOCK Beep sound :-(

I've done the steps listed here before joining this forum. None of these work.
    but I do have it setup now to flash the window if I press the caps.
    I may just try the restore option and roll back drivers,,,

SamElad, Jun 22, 2020
  4. RAM cap?

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin RAM cap? :D

DrunkenMafia, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

RAM cap?

1. RAM cap? - Similar Threads - RAM cap

2. I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?: I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage how do I check if my ram is fine. Like how do I run a diagnostic to determine if my ram or storage are fine?But it takes so long to download a game like roblox which is only 142mb and my dad's computer does it in less then...
  3. I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?: I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage how do I check if my ram is fine. Like how do I run a diagnostic to determine if my ram or storage are fine?But it takes so long to download a game like roblox which is only 142mb and my dad's computer does it in less then...
  4. Vga/ram compatibilidad

Vga/ram compatibilidad: Tengo una 4070 ti super con un ryzen 9 7900x la arme y todo funcionaba bien con 2 slots de memoria ram drr5 16gbx2 pero le metí otros dos slots y en ese momento empecé a tener problemas, deferente se me pagó la pc 3 veces y ya no dio video.Intente cambiar las rams dejar solo...
  5. My Ram is capped at 50%, other suggestions have failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Ram is capped at 50%, other suggestions have failed: My RAM is capped at 50% and causes an insane amount of lag when i approach or go over it.OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor, 4701 Mhz, 12 Cores, 24 Logical Processors BaseBoard Product: MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI MS-7D75 Installed...
  6. My Ram is capped at 50%, other suggestions have failed

My Ram is capped at 50%, other suggestions have failed: My RAM is capped at 50% and causes an insane amount of lag when i approach or go over it.OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor, 4701 Mhz, 12 Cores, 24 Logical Processors BaseBoard Product: MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI MS-7D75 Installed...
  7. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  8. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  9. RAM usage 50% cap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM usage 50% cap: I recently upgraded my pc and everything was fine until I realized that my RAM usage was capped at 50%. Well, kind of. It goes over 50% sometimes and then will instantly break every tab. I've contacted GIGABYTE, my motherboard, and checked many forums with no result. I'm...
  10. Ram Being Capped?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Being Capped?: I put this off for some time now but its starting to concern me. I am running windows 10 and now my ram doesnt seem to be working right. Im running minecraft with 6gb and im only getting 70 fps on a flatland and when i live stream it freezes alot so i dont know if windows 10...