Windows 10: RAM channel

Discus and support RAM channel in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I have upgraded my RAM from 4gb single channel to 2x8. Today I checked cpu-z and it showed that my RAM sticks are running on single channel, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 72snake, Jun 6, 2021.

1. 72snake Win User

RAM channel

Hello! I have upgraded my RAM from 4gb single channel to 2x8. Today I checked cpu-z and it showed that my RAM sticks are running on single channel, but in task manager i see that 2 from 2 RAM slots are being used and i have 16gb of rams. Is it supposed to be like that or not?I have HP ProBook 455 G5.CPU - AMD A9-9420GPU - AMD Radeon R5 Graphics

:)

72snake, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 6, 2021
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin RAM channel :D

DrunkenMafia, Jun 6, 2021
  4. RAM channel

Ram Upgrade

My laptop is a HP ProBook 4540s with 4 GB RAM installed. My question is

What is the largest amount of Ram I can upgrade it to? Should I add a 4GB chip or have it removed to install 1 8GB chip?

Is there a large cost difference? I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro.

• Standard
      • DDR3 PC3-10600 SDRAM (1333 MHz)
        Two SODIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory.
        2GB and 4GB SODIMMs
    • Maximum
      • Upgradeable to 8192MB with optional 4096MB SODIMMs in slots 1 and 2.
    • Dual-channel
      • Maximized dual-channel performance requires SODIMMs of the same size and speed in both memory slots.

JPickett63, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

RAM channel

1. RAM channel - Similar Threads - RAM channel

2. Ram not going upto 3200mhz and returned to single channel mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram not going upto 3200mhz and returned to single channel mode: Before resetting my laptop completely, my RAM returned to single-channel mode.I haven't played around with the RAM by opening up my laptop, fearing this expensive piece of hardware might break.But after resetting the RAM went back into single-channel mode as shown by...
  3. Ram not going upto 3200mhz and returned to single channel mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram not going upto 3200mhz and returned to single channel mode: Before resetting my laptop completely, my RAM returned to single-channel mode.I haven't played around with the RAM by opening up my laptop, fearing this expensive piece of hardware might break.But after resetting the RAM went back into single-channel mode as shown by...
  4. What will be the ram channel in my Lenovo T450 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will be the ram channel in my Lenovo T450 Laptop?: I have a Laptop which had 4GB RAM first so it had single channel memory mode now my laptop has 2 slots only 1 is filled so i put 1 more same speed same specs but 8GB RAM stick so i want to know that will i have dual channel memory mode for 4gb ram + 8gb ram or do i need 4gb +...
  5. What will be the ram channel in my Lenovo T450 Laptop?

What will be the ram channel in my Lenovo T450 Laptop?: I have a Laptop which had 4GB RAM first so it had single channel memory mode now my laptop has 2 slots only 1 is filled so i put 1 more same speed same specs but 8GB RAM stick so i want to know that will i have dual channel memory mode for 4gb ram + 8gb ram or do i need 4gb +...
  6. What will be the ram channel in my Lenovo T450 Laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows not working with single channel 8 gb ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not working with single channel 8 gb ram: For context, I have a laptop whose 2nd ram slot doesn't post and the maximum ram supported by the laptop is 8 gb, in order to achieve 8 gb ram for my laptop.When I install the 8 gb stick into my laptop, Windows gives the following BSOD errors randomly not in order:• bad pool...
  8. Windows not working with single channel 8 gb ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not working with single channel 8 gb ram: For context, I have a laptop whose 2nd ram slot doesn't post and the maximum ram supported by the laptop is 8 gb, in order to achieve 8 gb ram for my laptop.When I install the 8 gb stick into my laptop, Windows gives the following BSOD errors randomly not in order:• bad pool...
  9. Windows not working with single channel 8 gb ram

10. Would having page files on multiple different drives act similarly to dual channel ram?

Would having page files on multiple different drives act similarly to dual channel ram?: by acting like dual channel ram i purely mean in the sense of improving performance over just one page file.ive got an old mid range laptop from around 2016 with soldered memory and two m.2 slots that i think are far enough apart to have seperate controllers.just wondering if...