Windows 10: RAM chip part number appears different than the one ordered.

Discus and support RAM chip part number appears different than the one ordered. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bought a - Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB DDR4 3000MHz which has this part number on the box: HX430C15PB3/8 The sticker on the RAM indicates the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hype23, Nov 22, 2020.

1. hype23 Win User

RAM chip part number appears different than the one ordered.

Bought a - Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB DDR4 3000MHz which has this part number on the box: HX430C15PB3/8
    The sticker on the RAM indicates the same part number.
    The store from which I bought is a really big one in my country(emag.ro).

However:
    Both CPU-Z and command prompt , upon investigation, show:
    KHX3000C15D4/8GX - serial number A619BF34 (Speccy shows the serial number as 2786705204)

KHX3000C15D4/8GX belongs to a different RAM chip.
    I saw another user complained about something similar.

:)

hype23, Nov 22, 2020
  2. hype23 Win User

Bought a - Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB DDR4 3000MHz which has this part number on the box: HX430C15PB3/8
    The sticker on the RAM indicates the same part number.
    The store from which I bought is a really big one in my country(emag.ro).

However:
    Both CPU-Z and command prompt , upon investigation, show:
    KHX3000C15D4/8GX - serial number A619BF34 (Speccy shows the serial number as 2786705204)

KHX3000C15D4/8GX belongs to a different RAM chip.
    I saw another user complained about something similar.

hype23, Nov 22, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User

Interesting. A Google search on KHX3000C15D4/8GX goes to https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX430C15PB3_8.pdf

Retail links for KHX3000C15D4/8GX have it as a 32GB set (4 X 8GB). It may be as simple as the HX430C15PB3/8 being a single module that is also sold in a 32GB kit.

I have never had a motherboard that used an XMP for RAM by default. The motherboard of the system I'm typing this from defaults to 2133 MHz. (My RAM is DDR4 3000.) I had to select the AMD equivalent of XMP in the BIOS setup.

bobkn, Nov 22, 2020
  4. RAM chip part number appears different than the one ordered.

RAM Part number

Does anyone know of an app that might be able to read the part number of the ram on an hd4870, i recently flashed my bios to an incorrect version to find that no one on this site owns a force 3d dht freezer, so there is no bios posted for it in the database.

I somehow think that i am probably going to have to take off my heatsink and take a look because i dont think they would digitally label ram. Now doing so is going to suck, so if there IS a software way of doing so could you please drop a link cause i am at a loss.

I emailed force 3d and they told me to email them my card's part number and my ram's part number, now i have the part number for the canrd but when i asked them how to get the part number for the ram they did not reply. Theil suppolt staff is obviousry not fruent in engrish.

So hopefully if i manage to get them the ram part number they will actually respond.

They did not respond either when i asked if they would ever release their dht cooler as an aftermarket.

'support'

Rabidpeanut, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. RAM chip part number appears different than the one ordered. - Similar Threads - RAM chip part

2. My account.live phone number is different than my phone number displaying at account. Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account.live phone number is different than my phone number displaying at account. Microsoft: My account.live phone number is dirrwent than my phone number displaying at account. Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-accountlive-phone-number-is-different-than-my/5f41256d-7aa3-4cdd-9a64-304c6791edda
  3. Different taskbar appearance depending on the number of tabs open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different taskbar appearance depending on the number of tabs open: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/randy0812 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/166391v/different_taskbar_appearance_depending_on_the/
  4. Phone Link App showing my number as part of the "One-to-One" conversation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App showing my number as part of the "One-to-One" conversation: Installed the latest version of Phone Link and started having an issue when I send a text message from my PC, I get double entries, one showing the original recipient with no message and then a second one that shows the recipient and myself in a "group chat" with the message....
  5. Phone Link App showing my number as part of the "One-to-One" conversation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link App showing my number as part of the "One-to-One" conversation: Installed the latest version of Phone Link and started having an issue when I send a text message from my PC, I get double entries, one showing the original recipient with no message and then a second one that shows the recipient and myself in a "group chat" with the message....
  6. RAM chip part number appears different than the one ordered.

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM chip part number appears different than the one ordered.: Bought a - Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB DDR4 3000MHz which has this part number on the box: HX430C15PB3/8 The sticker on the RAM indicates the same part number. The store from which I bought is a really big one in my country and have serious service. However: Both CPU-Z and...
  7. have order number but cannot place order

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    have order number but cannot place order: HI-- i have an item in my cart but get this error when trying to place the order. I have been on hold for over 2 hrs. This is unacceptable! Error Details Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. pmbXCt2a00Smgfgv.52 2020/11/10 - 20:08:41 UTC...
  8. Paint issue, numbers appear in different sizes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Paint issue, numbers appear in different sizes: When I type numbers in Paint, they shows up in different sizes. I checked different apps and programs but the issue is only in Paint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-issue-numbers-appear-in-different-sizes/de68b69e-1794-4e19-817c-f51ca31c8070
  9. Typing numbers in Paint appear in different sizes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing numbers in Paint appear in different sizes.: I try to type numbers in Paint and they appear in different sizes. And it´s only in Paint where this happens. **Original Title** Numbers...
  10. Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one.: Hello guys, When I try to delete the temporary files that is show in the storage usage window, it says that the temporary files is 5GB, but when I click on it and try to delete them, it says only 55 MB is available to delete, so what about the rest of the 5GB why I can't...