Windows 10: RAM 'Commit' issue?

Discus and support RAM 'Commit' issue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Darkstrike, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:12 AM.

1. RAM 'Commit' issue?

Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D.

Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be perfectly fine for everyday use and it shouldn't be as slow as it is.

I took to looking around for the culprit and noticed that the Task Manager is reporting the machine to have 4GB of RAM, but 2.3GB of it is 'Hardware Reserved' meaning Windows won't use it, and leaving Windows only with 1.7GB of RAM to work with...?

It has shared Video memory, but no option in the BIOS to adjust how much RAM that uses. That being said, it's an integrated Radeon HD4250 video card, so the max RAM it could use would maybe be 512MB anyway....what's using the other almost 2GB of RAM in the system?

Is there a way to disable this 'hardware reserve' function to get all of it's RAM back for Windows' use?

Thanks!

:)

2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

3. iMarbot Win User
    Committed Memory full but RAM has empty space?

Surely if the total committed memory is 16GB with no paging file and I have 16GB RAM, then all the committed memory is RAM? And that memory works the same on all machines running Windows? I don't understand how the committed memory can be full but RAM is not.
    I will the performance toolkit next time I try run the game, but I'm not sure when to run it, while the game is loading and RAM usage is increasing or at a different time?

4. RAM 'Commit' issue?

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin RAM 'Commit' issue? :D

DrunkenMafia, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:13 AM
Thema:

RAM 'Commit' issue?

1. RAM 'Commit' issue? - Similar Threads - RAM 'Commit' issue

2. RAM 'Commit' issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM 'Commit' issue?: Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be...
  3. Ram Allocation Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram Allocation Issues: Hey, I'm new(ish) to windows, and I can't seem to figure out how to increase the committed (Allocated) memory for a specific program. I have 65,536 MB installed RAM, however the program has 4600 MB committed to it, and maxes it out whenever its running. There is 49,360 MB...
  4. is it a CPU or RAM issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    is it a CPU or RAM issue?: I have a download manager and I have fullaccess to a site where it allows me to download things at full speed possible. When I download many files at the same time (maybe talking about 8to 10 files at the same time). I leave it behind and do something else the whole...
  5. ram usage issues

ram usage issues: hello everyone i think my laptops ram is behaving wrongly when it detects that i am using only 4.4% of the ram and the totall of usage is 56% while i have 8 gigabyte of ram? can any one explain please. 131037
  6. Solutions for RAM issues

Solutions for RAM issues: I have a number of issues and deduce that some at least are due to problems with RAM. Usage often goes over 90%, when activities start to crash, freeze, lag etc. I often get 'system does have enough resources' notices, especially when playing videos such as YouTube online....
  7. Solutions for RAM issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Solutions for RAM issues: I have a number of issues and deduce that some at least are due to problems with RAM. Usage often goes over 90%, when activities start to crash, freeze, lag etc. I often get 'system does have enough resources' notices, especially when playing videos such as YouTube online....
  8. VM's Don't Over commit RAM ( set Dynamic RAM on HYPER-V)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM's Don't Over commit RAM ( set Dynamic RAM on HYPER-V): Hi there Even if you are using a 64 Bit OS don't over commit RAM when the VM starts - HYPER-V allows you to set DYNAMIC RAM which means the OS will grab more when it needs it - and then of course you can run MORE VM's or have a better throughput on your HOST. If you are...
  9. Barely any apps running. 87% ram used, 87% committed.

Barely any apps running. 87% ram used, 87% committed.: 8gb ram. 6gb pagefile. Barely have anything running. Committed and physical ram are at 87% and won't release. I close all programs, and memory use is still high. And then it gives me low memory warning and asks me to close firefox. This never happened in Windows 7...
  10. possible ram issue

in Windows 10 Support
    possible ram issue: hi. my laptop can run perfect and in a session it will show the bsod normaly with the line Memory_Managment i suspect that it is the memory gone bad but i just did a test using mdsched.exe and no errors what can it be James 41432