Windows 10: RAM 'Commit' issue?

Discus and support RAM 'Commit' issue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Darkstrike, Dec 3, 2019.

1. RAM 'Commit' issue?

Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D.

Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be perfectly fine for everyday use and it shouldn't be as slow as it is.

I took to looking around for the culprit and noticed that the Task Manager is reporting the machine to have 4GB of RAM, but 2.3GB of it is 'Hardware Reserved' meaning Windows won't use it, and leaving Windows only with 1.7GB of RAM to work with...?

It has shared Video memory, but no option in the BIOS to adjust how much RAM that uses. That being said, it's an integrated Radeon HD4250 video card, so the max RAM it could use would maybe be 512MB anyway....what's using the other almost 2GB of RAM in the system?

Is there a way to disable this 'hardware reserve' function to get all of it's RAM back for Windows' use?

Thanks!

:)

Darkstrike, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 3, 2019
  3. iMarbot Win User
    Committed Memory full but RAM has empty space?

Surely if the total committed memory is 16GB with no paging file and I have 16GB RAM, then all the committed memory is RAM? And that memory works the same on all machines running Windows? I don't understand how the committed memory can be full but RAM is not.
    I will the performance toolkit next time I try run the game, but I'm not sure when to run it, while the game is loading and RAM usage is increasing or at a different time?

iMarbot, Dec 3, 2019
  4. RAM 'Commit' issue?

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin RAM 'Commit' issue? :D

DrunkenMafia, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

RAM 'Commit' issue?

1. RAM 'Commit' issue? - Similar Threads - RAM 'Commit' issue

2. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM: Hi,I have the same problem that this mate, and I have read the solution from another guy in this foro but Iam not developer and there are some things that I cant understand:How can I run FRST? Thank you in advance...
  3. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM: Hi,I have the same problem that this mate, and I have read the solution from another guy in this foro but Iam not developer and there are some things that I cant understand:How can I run FRST? Thank you in advance...
  4. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Committed Memory full but RAM has empty space?

Committed Memory full but RAM has empty space?: Can someone check what's wrong. I installed 8gb more, and it's still not enough. I don't want to destroy my ssd and want to disable page file. I recordered info by Windows performance recorder and opened a few tabs in chrome. Can someone check this info and tell me what's...
  6. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM: Hi everyone, I'm Junior Web Developer who code using windows 10. and I just got front-end project using vue as main framework.Everything seems to be fine, until lately my pc felt slowing down. Turn out, there is a program that commit aprox 2.5GB from my 8GB of RAM. It is...
  7. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM: Hi everyone, I'm Junior Web Developer who code in windows 10. lately, I got front-end project using vue as main framework.Everything seems to be fine, until lately my pc felt slowing down. Turn out, there is a program that commit aprox 2.5GB from my 8GB of RAM. It is called...
  8. nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nslookup.exe Commit 2.5 GB of my RAM: Hi everyone, I'm Junior Web Developer who code in windows 10. lately, I got front-end project using vue as main framework.Everything seems to be fine, until lately my pc felt slowing down. Turn out, there is a program that commit aprox 2.5GB from my 8GB of RAM. It is called...
  9. Desktop Window Manager using 30GB commit size on a system with 12GB RAM and the committed...

Desktop Window Manager using 30GB commit size on a system with 12GB RAM and the committed...: Hi, For the last few days, I'm facing a very slow system performance. After checking resources, I foundDesktop Window Manager or DWM.EXE is using an immensely huge memory. It starts from using from few GB of committed memory and it keeps on increasing until I restart the...
  10. RAM 'Commit' issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM 'Commit' issue?: Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be...